1 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: traveler
Subject: Re: Give Pisa Chants

I am constantly amazed at the similarities between migraines and k...in
fact, I am not sure that I even have migraines, it could be pure k symptoms...
-
Anyway, I have exteme sensitivity to light and even more so to sound. I
rarely can go into a restaurant playing music without having to ask (beg)
someone (usually more than once) to turn down the music.

One time recently, there was classical music in a Chinese restaurant's
kitchen. We were clearly way out in the restaurant eating room, around
dinner time, and the restaurant was full. The music was driving me nuts! I
put in the earplugs that I always carry. To no avail...It was classical, and
the high tones of the violins were searing like hot knives through the
butter of my brain. (Violins, high voices, trumpets!!! oh, not, not the
trumpets!) are the ones that do me in. Those and certain types of drumming.)
I begged the waiter shamelessly to have the kitchen crew turn the volume
down. Everyone was surprised, (my waiter and fellow diners) for they could
not even hear the music.....And here I am with my earplugs in and
everything, and had to ask twice (standard) to have the music lowered.
I tell people if hearing were 20/20, then my hearing is 20/10 or something.
It is getting better and better, not worse, like its supposed to!

As for Tibetan chanting, I took a weekend in Dszogchen meditation once; I
could not stand the sounds, and left altogether; I hungered for the
soothing, deeply intuitive sounds of Sanskrit, which seem a part of my very
essence.....

Other than the noise (sounds) I thought the Tibetans had a fabulous world
view and was sad to have found this overwhelming lack of aural
resonance...back to indo-european for me, I guess....

traveler
-

2 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: Peter Norton
Subject: Re: Fwd: MRIs

Daniel Rusch-Fischer wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Interesting this talk about MRI's. When the original studies were being
> done for the FDA, I was working for GE Medical Systems in Waukesha, WI.

fascinating!

Dr. Lee Sanella's book on Kundalini has an appendix by
Itzhak Bentov describing his theory about induction of K
via applying magnetic fields to the brain. I wonder if
you are experiencing a delayed induction of K via MRI?
Maybe someone should do a followup on all the MRI
guinea pigs for K manifestations. Maybe somebody has?
-
As far as not being invasive, I wonder, the magnetic
fields used in MRIs are fantastically huge, aren't they?
The radiation of Video monitors at normal viewing
distances is on a scale of naturally occuring
terrestrial field strengths, whereas MRIs are orders
of magnitude beyond anything 'natural'.

MRI fields are intended
to generate coherent orientation in the water molecules'
spin orientation, and given that microtubules in neurons
depend on 'ordered water', and K experience is a kind
of 'coherent mental state' (at least subjectively), mix
it all up and who knows, there might be something there?
(another crackpot theory at any rate)

3 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: fluteATNOSPAMprodigy.com (CAROLYN MALONEY)
Subject: Re: headaches

Ok.. for headaches.. migraines..
could be pressure from rising spirit..
sit straight up.. and breathe deeply until you are relaxed..
then visualize the breath going upward into your head where
the pressure hurts the most.. Then release that pressure upward
with visualization.   Breath into the disbursing of the headache
until it disappears and it will.
flute
-

4 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: fluteATNOSPAMprodigy.com (CAROLYN MALONEY)
Subject: ARggghhh

Physical science, then cannot ofrmulate laws outside of illusion. the
very fabric and structure of creation, Nature, herself is illusoion.
matural science must perforce deal with her ineluctable quiddity.  In
her own domain, she is eternal and inexhaustible, future scientists
can do no more than probe one aspect after another of her varied
infinitude.  Science thus remains in a perpetual flux, unable to
reach finality, fit indded to discover the lwaws of an lareday
existing and functioning cosmos but powerless to detect Law Framer
and Sole Operator.  The majectic manifestation of gravitation and
electricity have become known.... but what gravitation and
electricity are, No mortal knoweth.
Yogananda..1946
All life is a vibration of energy/light. There is no matter that is
not constructed of energy and light atoms
So what we preceive as the world around us, is but an illusion of
positives and negatives.. God is..
a singular.. the beginning of the cycles and patterns.  The finite
mind of man has to release the images of his life's illusions and
know that he cannot conceive the infinite, unless.. he accepts that
limitation and goes beyond it.. grin.. Flute.. 1996.  When you define
space then you lose the time aspect, when you pinpoint time you lose
the space aspect.. Being so.. there is no space and time except as we
assign it so.
grin.

5 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: fluteATNOSPAMprodigy.com (CAROLYN MALONEY)
Subject: light

What you feel with Kundalini is the movement of light/energy
as in light so in all forms. Let go of the Ego and become a part
of the unity..
flute

6 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: Monique Mooney
Subject: Headaches, Migranes etc...

I have suffered with migranes for 13 years now. For relief use an ice cube
wrapped in paper towel. If the headache/migrane starts on one side of your
head place the ice cube on the opposite hand. You want to put it on the
fleshy part of your hand between your thumb and forefinger. I usually keep
it on for an extra ten minutes after the pain has gone just to be sure. If
the pain is on both sides of your head it doesn't matter which hand you put
it on, you could even put an ice cube on each hand. Do be careful to wrap it
in papertowel or something like that so that you don't wind up with an ice
burn on your hand. This works on headaches and vascular or tension migranes.
If that doesn't help let me know, I have found many way to turn them off
over the years.
-

7 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: Dolce Vita
Subject: Re: Kundalini / Shaktipat, etc.

Dear Martin,
That was a wonderful write up on kundalini.Thank you so much for it.
Straigh to the point, simple and easy to grasp by anyone.
Our blessings to you,
Lissette

8 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )

Peter Norton wrote: I wonder if you are experiencing a delayed
induction of K via MRI? Maybe someone should do a followup on all the
MRI guinea pigs for K manifestations. Maybe somebody has?
It would have to have been delayed by about 20 years; that's when the
testing was done. Have no idea how one could find the guinea pigs as
subjects names were kept confidential.
As far as not being invasive, I wonder, the magnetic fields used in
MRIs are fantastically huge, aren't they? The radiation of Video
monitors at normal viewing distances is on a scale of naturally
occuring terrestrial field strengths, whereas MRIs are orders
of magnitude beyond anything 'natural'.
That was my understanding of why the Faraday Cage was necessary. I was
told that without it, operation of the magnet would shut down
electromagnetic devices and telecommunications in a 75 mile radius -
similar to the EM-pulse sent out from a nuclear explosion. I think the
non-invasive part refers to the operator OUTSIDE the cage-).
MRI fields are intended to generate coherent orientation in the water
molecules' spin orientation, and given that microtubules in neurons
depend on 'ordered water', and K experience is a kind of 'coherent
mental state' (at least subjectively), mix it all up and who knows,
there might be something there? (another crackpot theory at any rate)
You got me! The egg-head, multi-PhD's that I was helping with their
Japanese tried to explain the MR principles to me in layman's language.
I was more successful in my attempts to explain Japanese! Dan-RF

-
9 Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996
From: Eagle
Subject: Re: Headaches, Migranes etc...

Monique Mooney wrote:

> I have suffered with migranes for 13 years now. For relief use an ice cube
> wrapped in paper towel. If the headache/migrane starts on one side of your
> head place the ice cube on the opposite hand. You want to put it on the
> fleshy part of your hand between your thumb and forefinger. I usually keep
> it on for an extra ten minutes after the pain has gone just to be sure. If
> the pain is on both sides of your head it doesn't matter which hand you put
> it on, you could even put an ice cube on each hand. Do be careful to wrap it
> in papertowel or something like that so that you don't wind up with an ice
> burn on your hand. This works on headaches and vascular or tension migranes.
> If that doesn't help let me know, I have found many way to turn them off
> over the years.

I suffered with migrains for 25+ years before I began to search for the
source.  Before that, I just felt that I was stuck with them and maybe if
I could just take enough pain medication I could manage to get thru this
one.

Then I began searching for the source of the pain.

One was an accident as a child.  Chiropractic dealt with that.

Next, was an over taxed liver and gall bladder and colon.
Did the herbal cleanses for all.   I discovered that a major cause of
headaches is toxins in the bloodstream.  So I work at consistently
detoxifying.  It is an ongoing project considering the environment that
most of us live in.

Sometimes it is overindulgence and/or underindulgence.  I learned that I
get fewer headaches if I eat smaller meals, more often.  If I go more
than 4 hours without nutritional intake, I am then prone to get a
headache.  If I eat salty foods on an empty stomach, I get a headache.
And sometimes too much chocolate, cheese or caffeine brings on a headache
-
I have also learned that I am much more prone to headaches at specific
times during my monthly cycle.

 According to Louise Hay,  Migraines are caused by Dislike against being
driven.  Resisting the flow of life.  Sexual fears.  [I can remember when
all of those were true abourt me]

So, what do I do about them?   Whatever works.

I have occasional chiropractic adjustments.  Seems that once ever 2-3
months is enough for me.

I eat small meals, often.  I never go anywhere without some kind of food
with me.  A piece of fruit, even a couple of crackers.

I eat less chocolate, and cheese.  And rarely drink caffeine any more.

I rest when I need to.  I exercise [occassionally].  seems like the more
physically active I am, the less often I have headaches.
-
Stay out of the sun.  Hot sun brings on headaches for me.  Due to heat
stroke several years ago.

When it is caused by the monthly cycle, I increase my intake of
nutrients, especially liquid minerals, heavy on the calcium.  Migraines
brought on by the monthly cycle are due to calcium/magnesium/boron
deficency.

I cleanse the colon and liver at least once, usualy twice yearly.  and
drink lots of filtered lemon water to help keep the liver functioning at
optimal level.
Take a ginger tea bath to pull toxins from the blood stream thru the
skin.   to 2 quarts of cold water, add 3-4 TBSP of Ginger root powder
[purchased in bulk from a health food store, not your local grocer] or a
5-6 inch piece of root, sliced,  and bring to a boil.  Remove from heat
and let steep 15 min while you draw a bath.  STRAIN the tea into the tub
and soak no 20-30 min.  If you stay more than 30 min, you will not be
able to get out of the bathtub.  You will have avery restful sleep.  Good
for the skin too!  [if you do not strain, it will plug the drain]
-
I have a mediataion tape, releiving migrains.  about 20 minutes.  never
have to listen to it more than a third time, even for the worse one to be
rid of hte headache.

Instead of ice [seems to intensify the pain with me] I use pressure.
Using the hand on the opposite of the headache, the left one if you cant
figure out which side the headache is on [mine were so severe I couldnt]
find the soft hollow in the V between the thumb and forefinger of the
opposite hand.  take a deep breath and hold to the count of 4.  As you
slowly release the breath, apply pressure.  When the breath is all the
way out, hold to the count of 4.  as you start to slowly breath in again,
release the pressure and at the top of the inbreath, once again hold the
breath tocount of 4.   Repeat 3 times.  Wait 5 minutes, if still have a
headache, repeat.  If you do this at first sign of discomfort, one cyle
may be enough.  Use as often as you need it.

And since I have discovered the Essential Oils, I use the pain away and
migraine blends.  Just put a drop in hand, and inhale.  annoint each
temple.  Even the worst headache can be releived in 20 minutes, with no
morning after residual.

And last, but not least,  I use Lousie Hays affirmations and suggestions.

"I relax into the flow of lie and let life provid all that I need easily
and comfortably.  Life is for me."

And if the migraine is from sexual fears, there are  many scientific
tests that prove that the pain can be relieved by masturbation and
climatic sex.

I hope some of this helps.  I use some or all of these when the pain
starts.  Sometimes, I keep ignoring it till it gets really bad and puts
me to be.  I should know better by now.  But I still occasionally resist
flow and push too hard.  And the pain is sometimes the bodies way of
demanding, and getting, attention.  When you are in pain, you will maybe
listen more closely.  I usually dont.  Not until I am deep into the pain.
 Then I go looking for "symptom relief".  It is only after I get thru one
more round of pain, that I go looking for source relief.
-
I apologize for the long post.  These are all the various techniques I
use.  It is my experience that not every technique will work every time.
and not every one will work for every person.  All of these have worked
quite well at various times.

Blessings of love and vibrant health
Sybil Soaring Eagle

-
10 Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996
From: Tim Duna

>Has anyone else been bummed or thrashed so badly by music? Usually you
>hear only positive aspects of felicitously soothing reactions to music.
>I think there should be warning labels for this kind of thing - DANGER!
>THIS CD CONTAINS UNEXPECTED VOLUME, PITCH, AND TEMPO CHANGES THAT COULD
>BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR DRIVING (ESPECIALLY IF YOUR K IS IN FULL ROMP!)
>Just kidding!-)  Love and LAUGHING LIGHT, DAN-RF

Yes!  Sometimes it hurts my ears terribly, even though it's music that I
like.  I get so irritated by music that I *have* to turn it off.  I think
your psychic ears get more sensitive to sound, also, perhaps the body as
well with K cleaning.  Sometimes people's voices hurt to listen to, I get
really irritable and pissed off at them as a result, but frustrated too, as
I know it isn't their fault.

-

11 Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996