1 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
From: traveler
Subject: Re: Kundalini / Shaktipat, etc.

Dear Martin,

Thanks for your wonderful comments on the k. I have filed them in my
permanent collection.

As I read your story of getting new shaktipat, I was filled with mixed
emotions. On the one hand, I would love more of this k, even though it has
come with so many challenges. On the other hand, I fear it...what if I can't
handle any more? How does one know when to get a second helping of the
shaktipat? Or perhaps, how did you know it was going to be worth it?

Also, You received shaktipat from a man and a woman. Were there any
differences in it (in your opinion, of course) based on the gender of the
sender?

Thanks again for your comments. The one in my mind now, is, about going to
get shaktipat like a cup going to the ocean, rather than expanding the size
of your vessel...

\\\Best, traveler

-
2 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
Subject: HELP ! MRIs

>My kundalini rose vigorously about 3 yrs. ago, and I have since had endless
neuro-muscular problems with muscle spasms, affecting my back, hip, leg,
shoulder & neck.  My lower back has tightened up.  Initially yoga and
massage helped, but now I have a pinched nerve and exercise, and various
treatments have been making it worse. An MRI is indicated, but I fear the
magnetic field, as I am sensitive to full moons, eclipses; any electricity
on my body creates more spasm.  Three years ago I had an MRI; findings were
basically negative. I could feel the impluses going through my body at the
time.  A few days later my body tightened up, but I am not certain the MRI
caused it.

>QUESTION:  Have others had such neuro-muscular problems and if so, positive
or negative experiences with MRI's.

-

3 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: Paco
Subject: re: Kundalini & Chi (2)

Phil, Mark and Jim,
	That is all very interesting, however, it's kind of like
what you learn in books or something. Most Taoist texts seem rather
dry to me...I much prefer a good traditional Kung Fu movie!
-	The internal arts are just that, arts. If you could lay it
all out in ten pages, then, well...ok. True masters are masters of
all arts; agree? There are knowledges, techniques, tricks, traps, paths,
ways, spirits, forces, places, rules and many many many other things as
well. A master won't teach you those things, unless you are their very
best student. However, there is no law against you learning whatever it
is you can learn, and a spiritual master is of course pleased if a student
reaches a higher state.
	My point is, Chi, as most people experience it ( Tai Chi, Taoist
breathing exercises, guided visualization, Karate and Kung Fu breathing and
applications, circulating the vital force through the system, working with
the elements in the body etc.) on the surface is obviously different from
the spiritual experience some people on this list have of Kundalini. Obviously,
it's like night and day, and you only group these ideas together until
you have an experience of that; you guys know that.
	On a deeper level, though, we don't know what Taoist masters and true
students do experience or know. The ones who were interviewed by the ones who
did the research for the guy who wrote the books are a mystery. These are
not missionary religions, and these secrets are rarely if ever taught outside
of a certain social structure, much less to westerners. So, if you want to
learn Taoism, befriend a Taoist teacher here, learn, improve; and ask him to
arrange for you to study in China with masters there.
	Although, certainly, I think Taoist techniques as taught here have
value, especially if you have the discipline to practice them.

	later, Paco

4 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: My Anonymous Someone

WARNING WARNING ----- If you are classified a minor in your state of
residence do not read the following. If you are not a minor and are
offended or disturbed by frank (though clinical) discussion of
alternate expressions of sexuality do not read the following. What
follows includes some matters related to a range of sexual behavior
that may be outside many people's limits of acceptance - it is not,
however, all that uncommon.
->

->

->

This weekend, my wife and I had another couple at our place as guests.
We are all devotees of the consensual, safe, and sane practices of
Bondage & Discipline and Sadism & Masochism, BDSM (sometimes
euphemistically called the Kinky Arts). Karen and I are a monogamous,
married couple of 20+ years and our guests are an exclusive, though
unmarried couple. We do NOT swap partners sexually. Although we may
play with others in ways that may involve genital touching (sometimes
rather forcefully) between non-partners, it NEVER involves any form of
genital-to-genital contact and NEVER would be construed as a sexual
act. We are all naturists and are totally comfortable around others
nude. NOTHING is EVER done to ANYONE without their complete consent. I
say the above by way of answering questions that will automatically
come to mind by those unfamiliar with this unusual, though not uncommon
recreational activity.

Ours guests were A; a young, male switch (will either act as submissive
or dominant when playing) and his partner D; also a switch, though she
prefers the dominant role and chose that this weekend. For those
unfamiliar, ordinary vanilla sex has an intensity that puts it in a
class of experience by itself in most people's estimation. Those into
BDSM often rate this play at an intensity well beyond what they have
ever found in ordinary sexual experience. You will note that I mention
BDSM and sex in comparison, yet it is not only possible to engage in
BDSM without ever engaging in sex, it is the rule in the work done by
Professional Dominatrices and is most often the case at social play
parties.

My Anonymous Someone has on a number of occasions told me of being an
energy vampire and drawing on others sexual energy to feed herself. I
had no direct experience of this and didn't understand it exactly -
especially since it was also said to be tied into the K-energy. Someone
on the list has said that sex has nothing to do with Kundalini. I say
unless you have direct experience you can't deny it - e.g., "There are
no UFO's because I have never seen one" is NOT an argument that UFO's
don't exist. I can confirm through direct experience that Kundalini and
sex (and the energy produced by it) are not only related they are
intimately similar, if not identical.
-
We and our guest were having a most enjoyable weekend, especially since
I had just finished making and upholstering our own St. Andrew's Cross
for the play room and all wanted to try its many possibilities. The
young A is a particular afficianado of anal play and D accommodates him
in this pleasure at great length. D had shackled A to the cross which
had been laid down with one end on a sawhorse (those familiar know what
THAT is for-). As D was pleasuring A with a wide assortment of
internal, external, manual and powered toys, I sat nearby on the carpet
with Karen between my legs. As we watched, I began giving Karen a
gentle massage. Soon I realized that I was being zapped with heavy
charges of kundalini energy - however, instead of rising from within as
is usual, it was washing over me from outside - this is the first time
that I had ever experienced that. It wasn't more than a few seconds and
I could tell that it was being generated by A strapped on the cross -
the pleasure waves in him were radiating sexual (kundalini) energy
jolts palpably and I was literally sucking them in like a vortex. I
turned my attention from Karen momentarily and could see the surges
that corresponded with his moans of ecstasy and writhing. This
continued and began building up within me until I felt like I was
beginning to reradiate the energy. At this point I went into one of my
spontaneous Reiki sessions with Karen. As my hands moved from position
to position over her body I felt that I was channeling this excess flow
of energy into her - the path was from A into my central chest area,
out through my shoulders, down both arms and then out swirling, hot
vortices in my palms. This continued until D and A were through
playing.

Afterward, Karen told me privately that this was the most intense
session of hands-on that she had ever experienced from me. That the
normally warm sensations on the surface were there as usual, but they
also had travelled deep inside her body and had become so intensely hot
that she was nearly at the point of begging me to stop except that they
felt wonderful at the same time. So, there is personal direct
experience - not something quoted from somewhere/someone else - or
denied because it ain't supposed to be so and that person has never
experienced it. I have a strong suspicion that there are others on the
list who have had astounding sexual aspects to their
kundalini-awakening and have been somewhat circumspect owing to the
insistance by some who are in sexual-denial when it comes to the
spiritual. Hopefully, others with similar experiences will share - if
we can't discuss the 'adult' aspects of this, are we doing ourselves a
disservice?

5 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
From: traveler
Subject: Re: My Anonymous Someone

At 12:40 PM 11/20/1996 -0800, you wrote:
>WARNING WARNING ----- If you are classified a minor in your state of
>residence do not read the following. If you are not a minor and are
>offended or disturbed by frank (though clinical) discussion of
>alternate expressions of sexuality do not read the following. What
>follows includes some matters related to a range of sexual behavior
>that may be outside many people's limits of acceptance - it is not,
>however, all that uncommon.

In my opinion evolution is not merely spiritual; it is comprehensive, and
includes the emotions, the body, the mind, and the spirit; or in other
terms, the ego, the unconscious, the community, and the society.....One
cannot fully evolve when parts of one's total being are "stuck" at lower
levels; one must liberate all quadrants to truly fully progress.

There are many on this list who would like to see the k only the way they
have defined evolution. Every time this subject comes up, flame wars break
out. In a sense, this list cannot evolve in certain ways due to the
stuckness we have in parts of it, in our social and societal aspects of the
list.
-
Me: I think you are right on track and I would love to see a way to create a
win/win such that we are free to talk about anything related to k and also
do not offend anyone. Perhaps the header technology will work. I vote: Full
steam ahead!

Traveler

-
6 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
From: SYL228ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Dream Symbols--help requested

Hi everyone:

While I was away I had a very strange dream in which a group of us were
standing on one of the poles of the earth and were sending a call sign into
outer space for some unknown persons to come pick us up.  We were all dressed
in grey airman type suits and were calling using whalesong of all things.  It
was hauntingly beautiful so much so that I have been listening to my
whalesong tapes ever since.  I was reminded a little of the startrek movie in
which they bring the whales to the future.

However I think there is much more to it than that.  So if anyone knows of
whale symbology or has had relevant dreams about whales, could you please let
me know?.  Send to me privately if you like rather than bothering the list.

Thanks in advance,
Love Jule

7 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: Re: Breakthrough

You wrote: Dan I call what you acquired x-ray vision, and that is one
of the first differenes I noticed when I had my K-A.
Thanks for that - an excellent analogy! Just as there is a shadow on an
x-ray of the surface tissue, while the internal essence is pronounced,
I never stopped seeing the external attributes of those people, I was
able to see THROUGH them.

I think this aspect is being integrated into my psyche slowly and I
welcome it (that must have been what my recent LB* episode was working
on clearing out-). I have caught myself 'seeing people' more and more
often since then; cf. 'witness', next comes the witness behind the
witness, eh?

Love and LAUGHING LIGHT
Dan RF

*LB Linda Blair episode, ie. barking, mudras, kriyas, etc. No pea
soup, sorry!

-
8 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
From: Jan Watson

Hi Dan

Years ago, I used to go to a "healing hands" therapist who was also a
shaman.  He, like you, healed through the energy field.  Often I would be
nude and covered only by a sheet;  he never touched me physically except
for the feet or the area above the neck.  His energy was 'pure' for the
first nine months.  One day, as he passed his hands over my face, the
feeling of his energy changed; it had sexual overtones.  Later, when I
opened my eyes, I looked into his face and saw my 'feeling' confirmed.  I
saw him no more, not because of any aversion to sex, but because he now
had needs and desires related to me.  Before, his needs were not directed
at me at all. I needed the freedom from that burden.

His energy had not stopped being healing, but it was definitely
[different] from the energy he had given  as a shaman.  The sexual energy
 could give me physical vitality, but left me untouched at higher levels.

I have no doubt that sex can fuel many states of mind and spirit if the
person giving the energy possesses certain qualities. It can be as base
as man can be: lustful, self-centered; or, as spiritual and great as man
can be: transcending like Rumi in his poems to Shams of Tabriz.

I guess my point is that it is not the sex that heals or hurts, it is the
qualities and attitudes we bring with us, like our love or lack of it
that makes sex into a healer or destroyer.

I envy your innocence.

Enjoy

jan

-
9 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: X-ray Vision 2

I say Xray Vision 2 because if you dig through the posts you will find
an account in which I 'saw' completely through a solid wall. Well it
happened again. I had picked up some grapes as a Lares-offering (don't
EVEN ask!) at Dick's Market (I swear to God that is the name-) and
was at the street waiting during rush hour traffic to turn left onto
Lochinvar. There was an entire lane of vehicles in the turn lane from
the traffic light back to where I was waiting to get into that lane.
The last vehicle was a big purple windowless van that blocked my view
completely to the lanes across from me. I dutifully watched the traffic
from the right and when it cleared, zipped across the lane behind the
van intending to continue on to turn left into the lane immediately to
the van's right. Suddenly, the van was no longer there and I could
'see' a station wagon coming fast the wrong way down the lane that I
was trying to enter. I slammed on my brakes stopping at the back of the
van and sure enough - whoosh - the vehicle, a station wagon zipping
down the street the wrong way missed my front bumper by inches. It was
the same make, color and the driver that I had 'seen' through the van.
I am not sure how I figured out that the car was coming, just that I
did, it seemed as if I saw it through the van, I reacted instinctively
and avoided an accident. Neat, eh? -) Love and LAUGHING LIGHT, Dan=RF

10 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
From: Dolce Vita
Subject: Re: dead crow

Hi,
A dead crow  could mean so many things. in the case of Swami Nityananda,
when he was a little boy, he was very sick and his adoptive mother took
him to the street to find help. She found this strange man with a brief
case that offered to help. He said to give him a prescription that had
some blood of a dead crow, he said to give it to the boy on an empty
stomack  He also told her to pour some of the blood on the child's body.
Another man appeared with a dead crow in his hand and gave it to her.The
2 men dissappeared. She did as was told and the child got well. HIs skin
turned darker after the smearing of the blood on him..,This is a true
story.
Also Carlos Casta=F1eda talked about the crow a lot in his books.
I believe it is a sign of betterment and change.
Love,
Lissette

-
11 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
From: Dolce Vita
Subject: Re: Hawaii

I have a good friend that I met on this list, his name is Von, he lives
in Hawaii and he is very knowledgeable on Kundalini and he is a a
beautiful person. If you would like to meet him let me know.
Love,
Lissette
-

12 Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996
From: fluteATNOSPAMprodigy.com (CAROLYN MALONEY)
Subject: Prejudice

humm prejudice.. try this one on.. grin
WARM SMILE

We are all turtles in a shell
peeking out at each other
hoping that each friendly face
is not a facade but geniune.

I demand of you nothing
but what you are and
allow you to be what you wish to be..
Expecting only the same in return.
As it should be.
-
A warm smile comes your way
and you react with the same
Sometimes I wish we all could
travel the miles and smile at
each other.
The community here is minds
reacting with minds without the
limits of preconcieved images..

Carolyn Maloney 10/94 all rights reserved
flute

 Start of Forwarded message via Prodigy Mail

From:	 debi
Subject:	 Breakthrough
-
At 04:09 AM 11/20/96 -0800, you wrote:

>This is an account of overcoming prejudice - prejudice exists to
>protect us, to help us identify otherness, to separate that which is

>familiar and generally safe from that which is unfamiliar and
>potentially harmful. Overcoming this most natural of human behaviors

>would require intellect by my earlier assumptions, yet it operates on
>an emotional level. I am not sure how I have started to look past these
>things, but it was not on an intellectual level. This makes me think

>that legislating 'affirmative action' is simply putting a bandage on a
>problem that has deeper roots and is trying to repair it at a level at
>which no such result is possible. Just some thoughts, and experiences.
>
>Love and LAUGHING LIGHT,
>Dan-RF

Dan,
What a wonderful writer - and such beautiful stories.
Congradulations on your "breakthrough".
I disaggree, however, on the statement, "Predjudice exists to
protect us" , this most "natural" of human behaviours.

No, No, and NO!

Children are not born predjudice - it is not until they "learn"
this "natural" behaviour that they even realize a "difference".
And predjudice does not protect us - it separates us and denies us
the opportunity to know others - their cultures, their beliefs,
theri
experiences.  It calls for a hierarchy system - "I must be protected
from ______ because they are different".
 How many people on this list fit into the "unfamiliar
and potentially harmful" category? I am Jewish - is that one?
You listed "gay queen" - is he potentially harmful?

Every year I am a volunteer nurse/advisor for Camp Anytown - a
week long camp put on by National COnference of Christains and Jews.
We have kids from every culture group, every religious group, etc.
We do a day of Physical Handicap, to experience and understand (and
have a handicapped person in to answer questions - last year was a
teen who had been in a horrible accident - leaving this All-AMerican
guy physically and mentally challenged - but fortunately NOT
potentially
dangerous!
We learn we are all the same race - HUMAN - so the predjudices begin
to melt away as the Universaliaty (sp?) brings us as one!
-
There is a new news group - neo-Natzi - beginning on the net - to
teach
hate to the young ones - I will forward that letter to this group -
and hopefully realize that predjudice is not natural, but THAT is
potentially dangerous!

That is my belief - am interested in hearing others!
Thanks,
Namaste,
debi

 End of Forwarded message

13 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: "DOREEN"
Subject: Re: Neo-Nazis on the Internet

Freedom to spread hatred!

14 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: Antaris Ra
Subject: Re: Dream Symbols--help requested
-
Antaris Ra wrote:

> SYL228ATNOSPAMaol.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone:
> >
> > While I was away I had a very strange dream in which a group of us were
> > standing on one of the poles of the earth and were sending a call sign into
> > outer space for some unknown persons to come pick us up.  We were all dressed
> > in grey airman type suits and were calling using whalesong of all things.  It
> > was hauntingly beautiful so much so that I have been listening to my
> > whalesong tapes ever since.  I was reminded a little of the startrek movie in
> > which they bring the whales to the future.
> >
> > However I think there is much more to it than that.  So if anyone knows of
> > whale symbology or has had relevant dreams about whales, could you please let
> > me know?.  Send to me privately if you like rather than bothering the list.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Beloved Jule:The "pick-up" will occur after the 27th of March 1997 when the
> comet/planet "Hale Bob" will be most closely to the earth and cause
> the pole-shift, after that humans can not exist on earth for a while
> because Mother earth raises here temperture up to 200 degrees some
> places.
> We will be liftet to Biostations with similar atmosphere but clear and
> pure, with lakes and trees and there will be enough food and all we
> need for all of us.
> We have nothing to fear; all is in order to the divine plan.
> Father-Mother-God does not forget any of his/her children!
> Love simply IS,
> Anaris Ra Melchizedek
>
> limiteATNOSPAMinfonet.com.py

PEACE OVER ALL FRONTIERS!

15 Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996
From: Jari Vanha-Eskola
Subject: Re: Television and Kundalini

My God, you people... this is absolutely uncanny! (And sorry for
reviving an old topic... but I'm a few hundred messages behind *grin*)

See, I got this new computer at work about a week ago, and ever since
I've had problems with its screen. My eyes get sore, reddish, and I get
a throbbing headache at my third eye.

I didn't think it had anything to do with K at first, but instead some
kind of radiation from the screen.  So I got a shield that's supposed to
deflect the radiation, and that helped some (instead of getting the
headache after a half an hour at the screen, I can now work up to an
hour without severe complications).  But it didn't make the problem go
away.

I was about to order an investigation of the screen, since this is
really intolerable when I came accross your messages (curious how you
just seem to answer my questions even before I get to voice them!).  And
in fact I did think earlier today that this might be K-related since the
headache is always in my third eye...  but if it's happening to so many
other people too, maybe I don't need to buy a new computer but instead
just wait 'till I get used to...  well, whatever is going on.

Please, let me know if you have found any other (besides the ones
already mentioned) useful techniques for getting along with the
screens/TVs since this is what I do for work, I can't escape them... I'd
also like to know how long it took for you to get accustomed... if you
ever did!
-
				Regards,	Jari
--
Jari Vanha-Eskola         !  Internet:  Jari.Vanha-EskolaATNOSPAMhelsinki.fi
University of Helsinki	  !  WWW: 	http://www.helsinki.fi/~vanhaesk/