1 Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996
From: eileenrcATNOSPAMix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: emergency

Jan Watson wrote:

> Hello  Eileen
>
> I would very much like to learn more about the Mirror Consciousness, the
> Witness Consciousness.  You seem to have some control over its
> appearance.  How did you come to that point? Can you help others learn?
> It sounds so much like the mirror of stories my grandmother told me of
> and I read of as a child and the mirror in the poetry of Omar Khayam and
> Rumi and....  Thank you
>
> jan
-
Hi Jan;
The idea of the Witness Consciousness is likely to grab attention because
it's a prime aspect of our being. If you whisper, "oak" into the ear of
the acorn it trembles with a mystic excitement of recognition. Created in
the image of the Divine, we instinctively recognise a basic truth. I
think it was Emerson who said, "there is no learning - only remembering."
I think the classical literature locates The Witness in the area of the
Third Eye in the brow; and Kundalini rises from the base of the spine to
join and activate this Witness. In my early K-days, the Witness was with
me like a separate entity, very clear, strong, formless, wordless,
profound. I never tried to contol it, although a few times I did cry out
seeking it in deepest pain.
That was in the beginning. Since then, this beingness has not only become
a growing part of my normal waking concsiousness, but I feel this holy
presence in everyone and everything around me. The way this happened is
many other stories.
As to how to develop the Witness Consciousness: I am no scholar, and I am
sure others on the list can name practices and scriptures and sutras etc.
I do know that Buddhism addresses this strongly. Vipassana meditation
(which I often practice these days) is great for this.
Scientology also works on it. The practices of Scientology are largely
westernized Buddhist techniques. Their councelors are rigorously trained
to bring this consciousness to their sessions, giving their subjects a
totally safe space in which to vent and explore, without invalidation,
evaluation, or any other judgement, but knowing that they are fully
understood. They call it "granting of beingness" and it's extremely
therapeutic. One of the axioms of Scientology is, anything which is
viewed EXACTLY ceases to exist. Hence, when we examine old traumas,
hang-ups and decisions, if we have the freedom and guidance to really
look at them, and the person we are with duplicates us fully without
interfering - POOF! Old encysted energy just vanishes.
By the way, I am NOT a Scientologist, though I was years ago (after K.).
And you ask, can I help others learn? Yes, but I don't do a lot of formal
teaching. Folks pick up each others states of being by osmosis, and I
think most of the influence is unconscious. This goes for all of us,
wise, wicked, awake or dull. One of my prime prayers is, may become an
ever more clear window for Divine radiance to touch this dear sad world.
There was a quote I loved in my teens, from Rabindranath Tagore, which
went something like, " He will endure all manner of discomforts and
torments for the sake of mankind, not because they are suffering and
heavy laden, but because they are beautiful."
e.

2 Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: minor problem

Mary Knapp wrote:

> I was so miserable until I read the posts from Lori and Anne.  I truly hope
> things are better there.  This list is wonderful for support and advice and
> so my guess is things are of course better.
>
> My more minor problem is that I am feeling lopsided.  My right side
> continues to manifest certain problems that my left does not. Mostly in my
> ear and sinus.  This has been going on for 6 weeks now.  Antrais Ray (pardon
> the spelling) cautioned that this meant someone had made me sick.  I
> dismissed his interpretation but since then I have noticed that a co-worker
> who I used to spend a lot of time with has a very negative effect on me.  We
> used to gossip together and I decided it was not good for me to indulge in
> this.  I thought I was fairly subltle and gradual in ceasing the activity,
> but I do get negative vibes there and energy sapping.  On day I shieled
> strongly and the next day she seemed surprise when I said I was well.  She
> seems like a regular nice person who just really loves gossip.
>
> I have actually become a non-smoker in disgust over these symptoms and yet
> they persist.  They have lessened but no ways near as much as I anticipated.
>
> Well, anyway I am more the type to wonder what this is all symbolic of
> rather than wanting some exercises to do to re-set the balance......however
> any and all responses, advice, support, etc. greatly, greatly appreciated.
> This list is a major lifeline for me and for my belief in my own sanity some
> days.  Bless  you all over and over again.

Mary,
	I would suggest it is a reaction coming in through your environment,
but it can come down into the physical in actual reactions to things as
well as thoughts and emotions. Stress as we call it comes to our system
in other ways as well. Have you noticed how sensitve k folks become to
dust, dirt, growing things, moss, vapors, smoke (another good reason to
quit) loud noices, loud music, even food. I have gone through a period
of time when I was allergic to many, many things. My system is changing
again and most of that has fallen away. But one day I blew up a balloon
for my grandaughter and had to go into emergency. There are chemicals
inside the balloon that I absorbed, the doctor said this is very rare
but people have been known to die from it. Loud blaring music, smells
... perfume, hair spray, chemicals are a big one. So, look at it this
way.. Once we begin to become more soul/spirit beings in our physical
body, suddenly things are changing. We become more aware, and everything
around us is magnified. Anything that enters the consciousness along
with all of things we are picking up on can manipulate the lifeforce.
Especially when you in a vibration where there is constant psychic war,
which many if not most people have in their surroundings. What is
psychic war? It is when folks are fighting and projecting thoughts to
each other in the ether, thoughts, jalousie, hate, envy,
misunderstanding like I'm right, your wrong, thoughts of greed, desire,
sex, all of these are effecting the emotional and mental body. When
those areas of the spiritual body are corrupt, like the computer with
the virus, then it is very easy for the body to respond. I would say
most illness and dis-ease comes from here. It is just a matter of time
before the body can't shake this constant bombardment of negative
energy, it becomes weak and begins to self destruct. About 20 years ago
my husband and I thought we would have to move to an isolated place in
order for me to stay in the body. It wasn't necessary but spirit did
find us a God's acrea just out of town sitting on the top of the hill
where we built our santuary. And, it really is that, we created the
environment best suited to the spirit. Love to all Gloria
-

3 Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996
From: HowardCushATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: direct experience

Patti,

I always enjoy and respect your posts.  There is a wise and open and earnest
and humble quality to them that I really resonate with.

You recently wrote:

"I...value my own ability to feel what I feel DIRECTLY, without needing
anyone else's stamp of approval."

This is the center of everything for me regarding my K experience.  As
something outside the bounds of my own conscious ego, it doesn't seem to
thrive on the interpretations of other egos.  The fact of its existence seems
to invite reverence, tinged with a healthy dose of caution.  So far, to
mediate it in any way that is about more personal control than just being
able to have my life feels counterintuitive and even wrong.  For example,
recently I was alarmed at some of the sexuality in the energy, so strong
after 8 months, and began experimenting with a few new boundaries.  The
energy came back and said "No way, not on my time."  The idea was that if I
wanted to curtail me ego's use of sexual energy that was fine, but during my
meditation sessions that was not up to me.  I accept that, although some of
what happens goes directly against much of the "teachings."

I keep refining for myself the difference between direct experience,
interpretation, and opinion.  Some of my Buddhist friends look beyond
experience, to the void with a subject who is experiencing, but so far that
is just words to me, since until I'm dead anything that happens to me still
is referenced, at least afterward, by my human personality.  So, currently, I
need no one else to approve, accept or even understand what's going on.  It's
helpful to share and be mirrored, sure, but in the end the experience is
enough.  In fact, it's practically everything.

Howard
-

4 Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996