kundalini-l-d Digest                            Volume 96 : Issue 233

1 Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996
From: veda002
Subject: Re: Kundalini Hypothesis or Two

And here's a follow up to my follow up!

Robert, it seems that your right on about the right and left nostril and the
left/right nerves.  But that just my feeling. Please report if you find any
documentation....

veda

2 Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996
From: mabATNOSPAMrio.com (Margaret A. Blaine)
Subject: krn conference

Dear Mark,
    I sent you an E-mail which was returned.  So here goes again.
     The list has been hoping maybe we could link up with KRN when they have
their conference next year.  Would you know who to contact about
this?
    Margaret

-
3 Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996
From: Jim Cook
Subject: Footware For "K"

  Hi All,

  I came home tonight and found a ton of e-mail asking
  me about Footwear from Viet Nam.

-  I'm not a shoe salesman and I get no kickback from this.

  Energy will leave and enter your body from your head, hands,
  and your feet.
  If your feet are "Killing You" then you can't possibly concentrate
  on the path that you have chosen.
  And, if you are wearing the wrong type of footwear. Your energy
  could be draining out of you into the ground or could be blocking
  negative energy from leaving your body and positive energy from
  entering your body.
-
  The theory goes... If you are caught in a thunder and lightning
  storm. Do not get out of your car because the rubber tires on your car
  will ground you should your car be struck by lightning.

  So, it makes sense to wear footwear made from car tires.

  The excess static electricity that "K" builds up will be drained
  out of your body and into the ground.

-  Here's a few other tips.
  Never wear "High Heels"
  Never wear shoes with leather soles.
  Never, Ever wear clothing made from synthetic materials such
  as Polyester, Nylon, Rayon etc. These materials will drain energy
  from your body and provide little warmth on cold days.
  Wear clothing made only from Cotton, Wool, Hemp.
  Wool has a special characteristic to it that it will repel any negative
  energy that someone might be sending your way.
  It will also still keep you warm when it gets wet.
-
  Back to the shoes..

  The sandals made in Viet Nam come under the name of..
  "Teva Sandals"  They can be found in most Cost Plus Stores.
   They have either leather or Hemp tops.
   I have the hemp tops and recommend them highly. About $15.00

  "Huaraches"  Made in Guadalajara, Mexico
   Leather uppers. Very comfortable and will last many years.
-   Found in most Cost Plus Stores. About $20.00

  Merrell Footwear of Burlington, VT.
  Soles are recycled tires and uppers are cotton and hemp.
  40,000 mile warranty.
  Sneakers, Sandals, Hiking shoes and more.
  For a dealer near you send e-mail to... WefitATNOSPAMkarhu.ca
  I've never tried these and don't know the price.

  Hempispure
-  Soles are recycled tires and uppers ar 100% hemp.
  Tennis shoes, deck shoes, oxfords, sandals an more.
  These are excellent shoes but expensive.
  $60.00 for mens sizes and $55.00 for womens sizes.
  I have a pair of their tennis shoes and they've lasted me
  ten years now.
  Just toss them in the washing machine to clean.
  For a dealer near you, send e-mail to...
  HempmistressATNOSPAMhempispure

-  Enough of this shoe stuff. Here's a joke for you.

  I recently moved into a new apartment and there was this switch
  on the wall that didn't do anything...so anytime I had nothing to do,
  I'd just flick the switch up and down...up and down...up and down.
  Then one day I got a letter from a women in Germany...
  It just said, "Cut It Out"

  Steven Wright

-

4 Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996
From: Michael Heyns
Subject: Footwear for K

Hi jim,

In South africa there are two types of tyre soled footwear.
The first and least interesting is a brand of Hiking boot made by a
company called Lubbe situated in Stellenbosch in the SW Cape.

The second, and far more interesting are the sandals made by Zulu men in Natal.
The entire sandal is constructed of tyre and they are extremely comfortable.

Regards,
Michael Heyns
Computer Networks
Tel +27 21 245008
Fax +27 31 245009
http://www.comnet.co.za
mheynsATNOSPAMcomnet.co.za

5 Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996
From: wrigaATNOSPAMsisna.com (Anne Wright)
Subject: Re: muscle bound
-
As far as the muscle and neck pain, I just wanted to add that mine is killing me.
My neck and shoulders are as tight as a sling shot. I have started taking the
magnesium and calcium. Others seem to be experiencing the same thing. Does anyone
have suggestions for some exercises or yoga poses? Thanks Anne

6 Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996
From: Mark Rivera
Subject: Re: krn conference

Forgive my ignornace, but I'm not sure what the KRN Conference is exactly. Can
you give me a little information about it? Then maybe I can research and see what
I can do to help.

Mark

-
7 Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996
From: Juliet

> Robert Chalmers wrote:
> >

> I read in an unknown book several years ago that the breath in the
> human
> body alternates every (approximately) two hours from one side to the
> other.  This alternation is evidenced by the breath being
> predominantly
> through one nostril and then through the other. This is hard to
> believe,
> but if you do follow your breathing you will see that it is in fact
> quite true!

> The breathing may be an external symptom of the
> ida/pingali phenomenon. Does anyone have any thoughts?
-
There is a very basic pranayama called "alternate nostril breathing."  You can
read the directions for this in most basic yoga books.  Further, there is left
nostril only breathing ("lunar pranayama") and right nostril only breathing
practices as well.  Pranayama with right or left nostril breathing only might be
prescribed to correct imbalances--breathing on the side that needs to be
strengthened.

Generally speaking, I think it is regarded as safe to practice left only on your
own (we tend to be right dominant in this culture) but right only should be
undertaken under supervision or reccommendation of a qualified ayurvedic
practitioner.  Check a yoga text for the various ratios between in breath, out
breath and retentions if you are interested in experimenting (typical is 1:4:2,
with 1 being the inhale, 4 the retention of the inhale, 2 the exhale, and no
retention on exhale)

It is common knowledge in yoga circles that during the course of the day we
periodically alternate between the left ("lunar") nostril and the right ("solar")
one.  And yes, this is correlated (by yogis) with ida/pingala.

A good text is Iyengar's "Light on Pranayama" or "Light on Yoga."

Juliet

8 Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996