1 Date: Wed, 06 Nov 96
From: Richard Satin
Subject: Fwd: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

Date: Tuesday, 05-Nov-96 11:48 PM
From: Rae Weisz                \ America Online: (BODYWORK8)
Subject: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

I had a kundalini opening 2 mts ago.  It was very frightening. i have
meditated and done yoga for 12 years yet i really didn't know this could
happen.  it started with a lot of bodywork 6 mts ago.  i over did the hands
on energy healing and tantra.  i them went to an ashram and had my kundalini
blown open by the guru.  my symptoms where sever. i had help from energy
workers to put me back in my body.  now it is settling down some. but i want
to keep it , as it is a great gift.  i still don't sleep well. and i shake
some in the day. i would like to talk to others who know about this, because
i feel i am still in the dark. thenk you
  in peace and health
   rae

------- FORWARD, End of original message -------

-
Whenever you get there, there's no there there.
Gertrude Stein

2 Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996
From: Aaron Williams

Howdy Everybody,

I'm new to the list and have already posted my experience with Kundalini, hope
it actually went through.

Anyway my experience only lasted for about a half hour with nothing really
negative to mention.  Since then I've learned of Kundalini Yoga but am still
having trouble finding meditations specifically for the awakening of Kundalini.

If you know of any methods please let me know.  If you know of a reason I've
only had one short lived experience I'm all ears.

Thanks

PS That message about getting a group to set off a large population's K Is a
pretty nobel move and possibly the best thing anyone could hope to do, could it
be done safely, can someone teach me how to do it?

Take it Easy :)

-

3 Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996
From: Peter Norton
Subject: Re: James Vernon, Allison

re the proposal to intentionally channel K energy into politics,
I have $0.02...

The Maharishi has been advocating this kind of thing for years
and up to now the 'Maharishi Effect' has probably been laughed
at by most.

Meher Baba did it in secrecy with only one or two other
god-realized as partners.

This is why religion _was_ politics back in the middle ages
(even more so than now!).

I have heard it said by some swami that it will be why meditation
becomes illegal, a kind of Orwellian 'thought crime' in the future.

But if Mind really is nonlocal, though, one can stay in
one's cave and 'make fragrant the butter of the yellow river',
as the old Chinese sages maintained.

Besides, what does intentionality have to do with it?
Who knows which way the wind should blow?
Isnt it our job just to be with the wind, without
trying to steer it?

an old old debate, no doubt
maybe I am only justifying my own naturally passive nature?

cheers

-
4 Date: Mon, 27 Aug 1956
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: allergies

Margaret A. Blaine wrote:

> Dear Gloria,
>     Yes this is reprogramming the subconscious. The whole mind body
> connection is so deep and powerful.  Too bad the world still sees most of it
> is being psychosomatic
>                           Margaret

Hi,
At least there is energy moving in the right direction. And, people are
becoming aware of small parts of the puzzle, one day it will be out in
the open as truth. That is well worth working toward. Gloria

-
5 Date: Mon, 27 Aug 1956
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: Fwd: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

> I had a kundalini opening 2 mts ago.  It was very frightening. i have
> meditated and done yoga for 12 years yet i really didn't know this could
> happen.  it started with a lot of bodywork 6 mts ago.  i over did the hands
> on energy healing and tantra.  i them went to an ashram and had my kundalini
> blown open by the guru.  my symptoms where sever. i had help from energy
> workers to put me back in my body.  now it is settling down some. but i want
> to keep it , as it is a great gift.  i still don't sleep well. and i shake
> some in the day. i would like to talk to others who know about this, because
> i feel i am still in the dark. thenk you
>   in peace and health
>    rae

-

Rae,
	Your a little out of it yet aren't you? Check out my homepage at
http://www.inetworld.com/lodpress/
	This way you know something about me. If you are interested then we can
flow and see what comes up. It is a great gift, but it has moments of
tribulation. Gloria

-
6 Date: Mon, 27 Aug 1956
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)

Peter Norton wrote:

> re the proposal to intentionally channel K energy into politics,
> I have $0.02...
>
> The Maharishi has been advocating this kind of thing for years
> and up to now the 'Maharishi Effect' has probably been laughed
> at by most.
>
> Meher Baba did it in secrecy with only one or two other
> god-realized as partners.
>
> This is why religion _was_ politics back in the middle ages
> (even more so than now!).
>
> I have heard it said by some swami that it will be why meditation
> becomes illegal, a kind of Orwellian 'thought crime' in the future.
>
> But if Mind really is nonlocal, though, one can stay in
> one's cave and 'make fragrant the butter of the yellow river',
> as the old Chinese sages maintained.
>
> Besides, what does intentionality have to do with it?
> Who knows which way the wind should blow?
> Isnt it our job just to be with the wind, without
> trying to steer it?
>
> an old old debate, no doubt
> maybe I am only justifying my own naturally passive nature?
>
> cheers

HI, all
	It is moving out into the world where ever people are open, there are
those in politics that have insight and they are having the same
experiences as many of you. We have to see that this is the
transforamtional plan at work, and what God wills to be... is. Gloria

7 Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: politics and K

This thread prompts me to mention once again the Natural Law Pary.  Their
most promising platform issue is the teaching of meditation in prisons to
greatly improve rehabilitation.  They had one thousand candidates in
yesterday's elections.  The do have a web site.
		Mary,
	The Reluctant Earthling

8 Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Childhood and K

When this comes up I don't have the reference around, but I do now.  Here it
is. From Harper's Encyclopedia of Mystical and Paranormal Experience,
Guiley, 1991. p. 183

'The "Encounter-Prone Personality"

Research shows that some individuals are more ikely to have encounters with
alternate realities than are others  . . .  The most signifigant factor
seems to be excessive stress and trauma in childhood, including physical,
sexual, and psychological abuse, neglect, a negative home atmosphere, and
serious illness.'

The closest I personally come to this profile is the routine psychological
abuse of Roman Catholicism, parochial schools and one controlling, fearful
parent.

-
The other morning as I left the coffee shop one of the homeless fellows who
sits outside  "Hello Mary"  rather loudly. He had a blank
stare when I turned to look.  It reminded me of that scene in the film Grand
Canyon in which the female jogger is told by the bum 'to adopt the baby'.  I
always thought that scene was great. I did not enjoy my similar morning
encounter however.  The energies inside my body and the attendant minor
illnesses and ailements are one thing, this outer reality stuff is even
harder to take.  Unlike Angelique and Daniel I find it spooky.
(Synchronicites are ok and frequent btw.)
-
Any advice out there?

Mary

9 Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996

Subject: Re: Childhood and K
-
At 01:05 PM 11/6/96 -0800, Mary wrote:
>When this comes up I don't have the reference around, but I do now.  Here it
>is. From Harper's Encyclopedia of Mystical and Paranormal Experience,
>Guiley, 1991. p. 183
>
>'The "Encounter-Prone Personality"
>Any advice out there?

If you really want to study about encounter prone personalities, I suggest
you read Dr. Kenneth Ring's book, Heading Toward Omega (or was it The Omega
Project?).  It has a detailed analysis of this.

As far as the synchronicity is concerned, all I can say is, "Go with the Flow".

In Service to the Light,

-
10 Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996
From: schwalmATNOSPAMsonatech.com (Randall Schwalm)
Subject: Re: politics and K

>This thread prompts me to mention once again the Natural Law Pary.  Their
>most promising platform issue is the teaching of meditation in prisons to
>greatly improve rehabilitation.  They had one thousand candidates in
>yesterday's elections.  The do have a web site.
>		Mary,
>	The Reluctant Earthling

Mary,

There is a non-profit group doing meditiations in prisions they are called
Vision For Prisions.  Their goal is to set up a small room for meditiation
and have it for each in-mate to use.  More than a "time out"  room but a
real mediaition area without guards and other in-mates.

That sure is the insane idea what is a criminal but a person that is calling
for help...  It is said to respond to this "call for help" by putting people
in jail and stacking them on top of each other.....A crazy way to do things.....

If anyone wants more info I can give you the Visions For Prisons  phone
number and address.

Randy

-

11 Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996
From: Mistress Angelique Serpent

>This thread prompts me to mention once again the Natural Law Pary.  Their
>most promising platform issue is the teaching of meditation in prisons to
>greatly improve rehabilitation.  They had one thousand candidates in
>yesterday's elections.  The do have a web site.
>		Mary,
>	The Reluctant Earthling

  I had a friend who ran for the Natural Law Party last federal election
(Canada).
  I was very skeptical of thier policies, but he persuaded me to study some
of the material, and go to a lecture. Thier research and statistics are very
impressive.
  Thier platform: positive energy creates miracles, basically.....
Reflects what I as a K. awakened person, know to be true about my life.
  While I am not a big fan of the Mahareshi Mahesh Yogi or the TM movement,
I have realized that the Natural Law Party is my only option to truly vote
as my conscience dictates.
   Everybody else is caught up in band-aid approaches, and concerned mostly
with the movement of little green pieces of paper.
                   Angelique,
           The not very political.

-
12 Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996
From: Mistress Angelique Serpent

At 13:05 06/11/96 -0800, you wrote:
>When this comes up I don't have the reference around, but I do now.  Here it
>is. From Harper's Encyclopedia of Mystical and Paranormal Experience,
>Guiley, 1991. p. 183
>
>'The "Encounter-Prone Personality"
>
>Research shows that some individuals are more ikely to have encounters with
>alternate realities than are others  . . .  The most signifigant factor
>seems to be excessive stress and trauma in childhood, including physical,
>sexual, and psychological abuse, neglect, a negative home atmosphere, and
>serious illness.'
>

>The closest I personally come to this profile is the routine psychological
>abuse of Roman Catholicism, parochial schools and one controlling, fearful
>parent.
>

>The other morning as I left the coffee shop one of the homeless fellows who
>sits outside  "Hello Mary"  rather loudly. He had a blank
>stare when I turned to look.  It reminded me of that scene in the film Grand
>Canyon in which the female jogger is told by the bum 'to adopt the baby'.  I
>always thought that scene was great. I did not enjoy my similar morning
>encounter however.  The energies inside my body and the attendant minor
>illnesses and ailements are one thing, this outer reality stuff is even
>harder to take.  Unlike Angelique and Daniel I find it spooky.
>(Synchronicites are ok and frequent btw.)
>
>Any advice out there?
>
>Mary

  Well, Mary, my advice may seem silly, but I suggest you get yourself some
fairies. They are a hoot! It's your own negative energies that attract
frightening experiences, and with a Fair of Faerie hangin' around, there is
delight and absurdity in outer reality. Fairies don't seem to be afraid of
anything.
 In fact, it seems the Faerie are coming along on the visionquest just to
keep my spirits up! To keep me amused. They do that really well.
  I explained to them last night about the internet, and how my Faerie Tales
help more people to believe in them, and take the earth energies into
account when making decisions. How I can contact people all over the world.
They seemed to think that was really neato. So today, I suspect them of
playing with my slave's computer, so he had to go into work after all, and I
got the computer desk back. Tee Hee. I've asked them not to play with
electronics, though. Expensive and delicate.
   Hmmm. I'm getting a big planter of some kind, near a patio door? And a
rather large (4') shy earth being who loves you. Really loves you. Has been
watching with compassion for some time. Whew! He's really longing to teach
you how to handle the excess energy, to image health. I think you will find
him easy to contact.
 Apparently, Faerie don't need internet to communicate long distance.
                Good Luck! Angelique.

-

13 Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996
From: Peter Norton

>This thread prompts me to mention once again the Natural Law Pary.  Their
>most promising platform issue is the teaching of meditation in prisons to
>greatly improve rehabilitation.  They had one thousand candidates in
>yesterday's elections.  They do have a web site.
>               Mary,

I, for one, was not about to pass up the opportunity to vote for
the first Harvard PhD Grand-Unified-Theoretical Physicist to
ever run for President!  So I proudly cast my vote last night
for Dr. John Hagelin, regardless of the Maharishi factor.
I want for once to hear an inaugural address that discusses the
latest developments in SuperSymmetric String Theory, but alas,
it was not to be.
Perhaps in a parallel universe?  Wait ... I'll go check ... nope,
not there either. sigh

Dr. John Hagelin for President, 1996:
http://www.hagelin.org/hagelin

14 Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996
From: Mary Knapp

Just how many parallel universes did you check? ;-}

At 02:58 PM 11/6/96 +0000, Peter Norton wrote:
>>This thread prompts me to mention once again the Natural Law Pary.  Their
>>most promising platform issue is the teaching of meditation in prisons to
>>greatly improve rehabilitation.  They had one thousand candidates in
>>yesterday's elections.  They do have a web site.
>>               Mary,
>
>I, for one, was not about to pass up the opportunity to vote for
>the first Harvard PhD Grand-Unified-Theoretical Physicist to
>ever run for President!  So I proudly cast my vote last night
>for Dr. John Hagelin, regardless of the Maharishi factor.
>I want for once to hear an inaugural address that discusses the
>latest developments in SuperSymmetric String Theory, but alas,
>it was not to be.
>Perhaps in a parallel universe?  Wait ... I'll go check ... nope,
>not there either. sigh
>
>Dr. John Hagelin for President, 1996:
>http://www.hagelin.org/hagelin

-		Mary,
	The Reluctant Earthling

15 Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996
From: Mistress Angelique Serpent
Subject: Announcement- Medicalization of Marijuana Class Action

  While we're being political, here's something I pulled off my Hemp B.C. list.
I don't know how others feel about the sacred herb, but I for one use it
regularly, to banish stubborn negativity, to moderate my A.D.D., and I often
find it enhances my empathy. This is, after all, the single most useful
plant on the planet.
  It seeds are the most perfect food for humans, highest of all seeds in
essential fatty acids. It's plants are hardy, not requiring pesticide. It's
oil can fuel your car.
You can wear it, you can stick it in yer printer. You can feed it to yer cow.
 It was economic interests that promoted prohibition. Mr. Dow wanted ropes
to be made of nylon, and Mr. Hearst wanted his newspapers to be printed on
his vast North American timber reserves.
  In all of history, the only death on record attributed directly to
cannibas, is from some poor soul who had several tons of the stuff fall on him.
 Whether you wanna smoke the stuff or not, legalization is a major
environmental issue.

>Hello all you warriors,
>        As if you didn't already know,
>Larry Hirsh is taking on the FEDS.......... It is a Genesis to free the HERB
>CANNABIS for all who need good medicine. Check out my website ATNOSPAM
>http://www.gnv.fdt.net/~jrdawson/lawsuit.htm
>PASS THE WORD!
>Sinsi(erely),
>James Dawson

		   Mistress Angelique Serpent,
-		Dominant Experiential Facilitator.
            Website=3D http://www.domin8rex.com/serpent
	*******************
"Feel your hair come tumblin' down, feel your feet start kissin the ground.
Feel your arms are openng out. And feel your arms are lifted to God.
With no words, with no song, I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream
come true.
I'm gonna dance the dream, and make the dream come true ( She gotta dance...)"
                         Kate Bush, "The Red Shoes"

16 Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Faries

>  Well, Mary, my advice may seem silly, but I suggest you get yourself some
>fairies. They are a hoot! It's your own negative energies that attract
>frightening experiences, and with a Fair of Faerie hangin' around, there is
>delight and absurdity in outer reality. Fairies don't seem to be afraid of
>anything.  In fact, it seems the Faerie are coming along on the visionquest
just tokeep my spirits up! To keep me amused. They do that really well.
>  I explained to them last night about the internet, and how my Faerie Tales
>help more people to believe in them, and take the earth energies into
>account when making decisions. How I can contact people all over the world.
>They seemed to think that was really neato. So today, I suspect them of
>playing with my slave's computer, so he had to go into work after all, and I
>got the computer desk back. Tee Hee. I've asked them not to play with
>electronics, though. Expensive and delicate.   Hmmm. I'm getting a big
planter of some kind, near a patio door? And a rather large (4') shy earth
being who loves you. Really loves you. Has been watching with compassion for
some time. Whew! He's really longing to teach
>you how to handle the excess energy, to image health. I think you will find
>him easy to contact.
> Apparently, Faerie don't need internet to communicate long distance.
>                Good Luck! Angelique.

I gotta tell you Angelique, you're  gooood!  That plant (next to the door to
my upper deck, across from my bed, about 4' tall) used to vibrate when I was
too afraid to.  Once I caught it spinning around like a whirling dirvish.
This gives me the willies. Also I had a little brown fairie (named Max
apparently) who used to always move this ceramic angel I had on my deck.
It was always in a new and weird position in the AM.  I didn't like it and
told him to go away.  He broke the angel and I have been reluctant to be in
relationship with faries since then....  However you encourage me here.  I
do not feel healthy and am willing to try all sorts of things.

However, some questions first.  Is co-dependency possible?  What are some of
the possible pitfalls and how does one avoid them??  Etc.

With gratitude and blessings,