1 Date: Tue, 28 Aug 1956
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: K experience

Peter Norton wrote:

> someone wrote:
> >Does anyone else have guides that have appeared to them in dreams to
> >teach them about the experience. Or have you just been ignoring the
> >dreams.. smile..
>
> I had a very intense dream about a week ago involving a teacher I have
> not seen for a few years, I was sitting in a circle with him and about
> 5 Native Americans (the teacher is Chinese American),
> one elder was opposite me looking intently at me
> with ice blue eyes like a wolf, they were asking me about my lack
> of meditation experience/commitment, after a bit of mumbling on my part,
> my teacher raised his hands to signal silence, and they all entered
> into samadhi silently, as if for my benefit.  After a bit they came
> out of it and got up to cook dinner and made smalltalk as if nothing
> had happened.  Needless to say, I didnt 'get it'.
>
> (before going to bed that night, had seen a nature TV show about
> wolves, and had had a deep spiritual discussion with friend)
>
> anyway, I am still thinking about that one!  Those eyes!  whew!
>
> cheers

Peter,
That was a consciousness dream and you were asked why if what you want
is enlightenment, why are you not committed to your meditation and
silence. You were shown that mediation will make your life come together
so that  you can go on in a normal fashion but in a detached state of
being. The bottom line in spiritual awakening is fruit, one must have
commitment, discipline, and detachment to produce spiritual fruit. Does
this fit with what was coming to you? Gloria

2 Date: Tue, 28 Aug 1956
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: kundalini conference

Marc Nevas wrote:

> >>Instead of having a separate conference, why not simply link up at the next
> >>KRN conference?  I'm not sure where the '97 one will be.  It's generally
> >>held in October.
> >>
> >>Phil
> >>
> >Dear Phil,
> >
> >I have also been a member of KRN for several years and attended the last two
> >conferences. You are correct that they do an excellent job of putting on
> >conferences. Unfortunately this year's conference is in Germany and that
> >makes it not possible for many of us to attend. Because of this, and because
> >there are so many people involved in the kundalini process, a conference or
> >retreat in this country this year would be a good idea. A tremendous amount
> >of energy is exchanged at these events and good healing occurs. Individuals
> >who feel isolated from others the rest of the year gain tremendous benefit
> >form meeting others who's lives are changing in conjunction with the
> >kundalini experience.
> >
> >I would encourage continued discussion on the topic of a conference and then
> >a straw vote of those served by this list to see how many are interested in
> >attending a four day retreat or conference. A small intimate retreat may be
> >the most benificial for those currently in the process.
> >
> >Marc Nevas

The small intimate retreat would likely work out better for the group
since it would be a hands on kind of thing instead of sitting and
listening. There is much that can be passed in sharing and communicating
providing the group become connected spiritually and moving in the same
direction. Gloria

3 Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996
From: rjills
Subject: Re: MT - where is everybody?

Im thinking that " everybody" is still here except Haakon. And he is ill. Love
Royale

4 Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996
From: rjills
-
Philip St. Romain wrote:

> >> .-Im making a request, that instead of going ahead and doing things
> >>about our proposed
> >conference that we appoint or get a volunteer of one or two  person that
> >to take charge
> >of all the arrangements. IF the majority of us agree to even have a conference.
> >That way we will know who to contact if we have suggestions or helps
> >regarding it and
> > it will lessen any confusions.Otherwise, pandimonioum may result and a
> >lack or
> >organization insue.  What think ye?   Royale
>
> I've been a member of the Kundaline Research Network for three years, and
> can empathize with many of the sentiments about it and a conference
> expressed on this list recently.  My experience has been that one thing the
> KRN does very well is host an annual conference.  I was a speaker at the
> Philadelphia conference last year, which was attended by 150 or so from a
> wide variety of spiritual pathways.  Joan Harrigan, Bonnie Greenwell and
> Yvonne Kason are prabably the core of the leadership.  The KRN doesn't do a
> good job getting out newsletters and responding to inquiries, however,
> which explains some of the frustrations expressed on this list.
>
> Instead of having a separate conference, why not simply link up at the next
> KRN conference?  I'm not sure where the '97 one will be.  It's generally
> held in October.
>
> Phil

- .-I think that sounds like a good idea, Phil. I probably wont be able to go to
 anyone other and in Santa Cruz, Ca. But thats O.K. Whats best for the group
 counts. Royale

5 Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996
From: George Mynatt
Subject: A lurker posts

Hello all,
-
I have been reading and enjoying (for the most part) posts to this list
for about two months.  Although I have written a private reply to
several people, I've never posted to the list itself.

I first became interested in Kundalini when seeking a way of meditation
that did something other than just put me to sleep.  I've taken Hatha
yoga lessons in the past and its constant emphasis on relaxation works
just too well for me, it only put me to sleep.  I also tried
Transcendental Meditation in its heyday many years ago and only
experienced the need for a nap.  The aspect of Kundalini that most
intrigues me is the idea of using it as a means of furthering human
evolution.  I believe strongly in the maxim that a person normally uses
only 10% of their brain and hope Kundalini will help me along the way to
increase that percentage.  Also, from reading various novels, I guess
there is a lot more in the human DNA sequence that can be related
directly to any attribute.  Researchers sometimes refer to this (at
least in fiction, sorry I'm really not very knowledgable about this) as
junk DNA.  I think the 10% maxim applies to all that a person can be and
do; and this "junk" DNA, if it is utilized (activated, empowered), would
enable humans to go beyond anything that can hardly be imagined today.

Anyway, to address a frequent poster to the list:
Daniel Rusch-Fischer wrote re his "itchy brain, crop circles":
deposited a sunburst of energy and flicked it like a top to set it
spinning wildly;
Dan,
Which way did you send it spinning?  I imagine it spins in the
horizontal plane, but if viewed from above the head is it spinning
clockwise or counter clockwise?
-
And, for those of you more knowledgeable about Kundalini than me, what
implications would the direction have?  I think this is important since
K energy is associated with a coiled serpent.  As the K energy flows or
is awakened, which way is the serpent unwinding?  Is direction
important?  Do those of you who feel their K is active experience a
sense of direction?

Thanks.

George
"If you travel through the Infinite, be prepared to meet yourself coming
the other way."

6 Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: Re: A lurker posts

You wrote: Dan, Which way did you send it spinning?  I imagine it spins
in the horizontal plane, but if viewed from above the head is it
spinning clockwise or counter clockwise?
Never thought about it, but my perception is horizontal w/clockwise
spin viewed from above. Probably because I am right-handed. I have
heard it said that chakras should spin clockwise (but is that my
clockwise or someone looking at my chakras clockwise?). Made me think
about handedness and how southpaws get abused by the tyranny of the
majority - does this extend even to spirituality? A U.S. acquaintance
attended ToDai (Tokyo Univerity Tokyo Daigaku) for graduate school
and was forced to use her right hand to take notes, etc. The Japanese
don't even tolerate individuality in that respect - needless to say,
she has little respect for their society because of this.

Does the direction perceived have any importance - dunno, any southpaws
out there who can give  a different 'spin' on this?
DAN-RF

-
7 Date: Mon,  4 Nov 1996
From: fluteATNOSPAMprodigy.com (CAROLYN MALONEY)
Subject: Re: channelling.

Rjills, Where do you live???.
What happened is, I was leading my meditation group in the Earth
Mother center and someone touched me.. then I felt a presence. In the
middle of this meditation, I welcomed all the guides and sages.  I am
empathic, and the face seemed to appear over mine so I felt for the
identity. Then  I felt eyes larger than mine, high cheekbones.. Large
eyebrows and a crooked smile.. The presence followed me home and was
with me for a few days.. I found myself saying incredible things..
then I asked him to go back to the shop so that I could get back into
the earthly world. Every now and again it happens again.. but not as
strongly.
The next day after I wasn't so spacy, I decided to dash over to Earth
Mother at lunchtime and see if I could find Mona and tell her all
about it. I set the time in my mind to leave the office at 20 minutes
until 1:00.  Then when 12:30 came I thought, "I really don't have
time" and was going to let it pass. At precisely 20 minutes until
1:00 the entire Data Processing building had a black out.. No
electricity anywhere.. laughing.. I said.. Ok OK.. Im going..  I was
gone past my hour lunch time.. however the electricity didn't come
back on until minutes before I walked in the door.. No one was sure
how long I was gone.. It was totally amazing!!
While I was at the shop.. I told Mona what had happened.. I told her
I had no idea who this person was but I had called him Mokihana (a
hawaiian flower used as a lei- Moki means Moses) She smiled really
big and said.. Let me show you a picture.. and she pulled a book
called Autobiography of a Yoga off the shelf, and turned to a page of
Sri Yuteswar.. and I said.. "Well sorta but the face had a crooked
smile".. Mona turned to another page where Sri Yuteswar was standing
next to another person.. There was a crooked smile on his face and a
flower lei around his neck. She said he wore flowers around his neck
all the time.  and So I began reading about the Yogi.  Mona said that
he told her many years ago to build the shop for a place where people
could gather.
flute,
Carolyn Maloney
Reiki Master
    Earth Mother
    San Antonio, Texas

8 Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: ^origamiHaikuKoan

http://kiku.stanford.edu/KIDS/SCHOOL/ART/
origami/kids_origami_crane1.html

H       d       a
 i     n       V l
  l   A   T       l   .
   l       h n     e s
    s       e       y

W       s       B       r
 h     e         e     C a
  e   o   P   r   c       n
   n D     a e     o e     e
            p       m       ?

S       c
 u     i l
  b   m   y
   a o     .
-    t

9 Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996
From: "Alvin T. Perhacs"

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Daniel Rusch-Fischer wrote:

> You wrote: Dan, Which way did you send it spinning?  I imagine it spins
> in the horizontal plane, but if viewed from above the head is it
> spinning clockwise or counter clockwise?
> Never thought about it, but my perception is horizontal w/clockwise
> spin viewed from above. Probably because I am right-handed. I have
> heard it said that chakras should spin clockwise (but is that my
> clockwise or someone looking at my chakras clockwise?). Made me think
> about handedness and how southpaws get abused by the tyranny of the
> majority - does this extend even to spirituality? A U.S. acquaintance
> attended ToDai (Tokyo Univerity Tokyo Daigaku) for graduate school
> and was forced to use her right hand to take notes, etc. The Japanese
> don't even tolerate individuality in that respect - needless to say,
> she has little respect for their society because of this.
>
> Does the direction perceived have any importance - dunno, any southpaws
> out there who can give  a different 'spin' on this?
> DAN-RF

-
Concerning the spinning of the energy Chakras/Vortex's, They should be
spinning Clockwise as Clockwise sends energy into the body while
Counter-Clockwise takes energy out. Also the Clockwise is that you are the
clock!

Respectfully,

Al Perhacs

-

10 Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996
From: LwMema3ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: WoW!!! Reply

Welcome to the list,

As I have heard others say, I too must remind myself of what I am doing, and
that forcing will not bring something to happen.  I have had a few
experiences which show me that I am on the right path and that with time I
will continue to evolve and grow. I believe this to be true for all of us,
even if it is difficult to be patient.

I enjoyed reading about your experience with your son's toy and your guide.
 Tresure that experience and the others like it as you continue to grow.  It
makes us more aware of the wonderous occurring going on if we just take the
time to listen and be aware.  :D

I have said my two cewnts, I will leave it at that, once again, Welcome!!!!!
-
In Light and Love,
Lori

11 Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996
From: Juliet
Subject: VOTE!

Hey! Fellow Americans! Don't forget to drag your craggy old physical
body on down to the polls and VOTE!!!