1 Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: Re: Dexedrine and K

ori^ wrote: I am curious.  Why would you be taking dexedrine?
Wow! This has caused a storm of misdirection. I have Attention Deficit
Hyperactivity Disorder - rather a severe case. So has my son. In order
to get him to agree to treatment I agreed to go with him and submit to
the same regimen. I am unable to take some of the standard medications
as they give me some horrendous dermatological side effects. Thus, I
take dexedrine. It is not an artificial stimulant for me. In fact, I
sleep like I have taken a tranquilizer when I drink coffee for example.
Did you know that J.S. Bach had ADHD and self-medicated with 30 cups of
espresso a day - even wrote a Coffee Cantata (or Toccata I forget
which) in praise of the effect it had for him? The dexedrine or any of
the other medications cause an effect of ordering, quieting, and
stabilizing for me. I have familial palsy for example (fine motor
tremors) and within 20-30 minutes of taking the medication, they
disappear. Unfortunately, the body develops a tolerance for the
dexedrine after a while and thus I stop taking it for a while usually
two weeks and then restart at a low dose. Some would become addicted to
this type of stimulant, but I think only if it has a stimulant effect -
which it doesn't for me. Hope that helps - and gets back to the point.
Dan-RF

-

2 Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996
From: FlarityjATNOSPAMaol.com

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your open response.  This puts you in a unique position to
answer a few more questions that the rest of us may want to hear.
-
As I read the various Kundalini texts, they seems to indicate that a lot of
physical things are handy (or necessary) in order to have a strong K
experience.  These things tend to include:

Strong sexual desire (something to sublimate)
Robust internal structure (enhanced by vegetarianism and other diet things)
Non attachment and open-mindedness
Superb concentration skills
Superior intelligence  (I have a cow who can unlock doors and then locks the
door behind it so the other cows don't get out.  Even she would not be
eligble for the K it would seem.)

How does all this doctrine mesh with your K experience.

Love to hear from you,

Joe

-

4 Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996
From: Jim Cook
Subject: Words from Bente Borsum

   "Don't be proud of what you know,
    and don't be self-confident if you are learned.
    Be open to advise from the unlearned - as well
    as from the learned."
-
   "If you have a good friend you don't need a mirror"

5 Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996
From: Jim Cook
Subject: A bit of Humor

   Here is a poem by : Marianne McDonald
-
   It might seem off topic but is really not.

                        THE MOUSE ON THE BAROOM FLOOR

   Some Guinness was spilt on the baroom floor.
   When the pub was shut for the night.
   Out of his hole crept a wee brown mouse and stood in the
   pale moon light.
   He lapped up the frothy brew from the floor,
-   The back of his haunches he sat.
   And all night long you could hear him roar,
   Bring on the Goddamn cat.

6 Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996
From: "Your friend at:"
Subject: Rice recipes from Bangladesh... (fwd)

"The person who is not disturbed by happiness and distress and is steady
               in both is certainly eligible for liberation."
                        Bhagavad gita as it is 2.15