1 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: Follow up & question about death

Holly,

Several friends of mine have lost their moms recently and all think the
world of a book entitled "Who Dies?".  It is full of the kind of information
you ask about apparently. The author is Stephen Levine.

At 02:19 PM 10/13/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Some weeks ago, after posing the question to this list, I decided to
>share with my mom (a gentle skeptic) the "visions" I was getting about
>her approaching death.  She was loving and grateful and I believe
>talking at that time helped us both last week when she died.  Her death
>was extremely peaceful.  She died at home with my dad and myself
>holding her, encouraging her to feel loved and let go.  Sitting with
>her for the hour or so afterwards was the most tranquil time I have
>ever experienced.
>
>Now the question.  My mom didn't suffer much, thank god (and modern
>pharmacology), but several hours before she died her hands and feet got
>boiling hot to the touch -- not her head, like a fever, but more like a
>last rush before she began to die.  I've seen people (and animals)
>suddenly get "well" before they die but nothing like this.  I'm
>wondering whether this has something to do with how the life-force
>inhabits our bodies.  Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks and love to all,
>
>Holly

-

2 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: Mark Rivera
Subject: Re: leaving the list

Dan,

My Friend. I enjoy your humor and wisdom. Not all are gone. I support
whatever move you decide, but remember the friends, the support, and the
goodness that exists here and elsewhere. This forum is bound to have
differences of opinion and mood swings and discussions that may not have a
lot to dowith Kundalini, but everyday things change and there are always
new people joining and adding. Keeping the forum reasonably open is the
strength of a list like this. I believe in free speach and expression so
long as no one is physically, hurt, mentally, emotionally, spiritually,
abused, or killed. I do not see that here. I see people communicating. I
learn and other do to. This is a great list, whether you decide to stayor
go, do not forget the list and do not be a stranger. May you alwways have
hope, love, and light in your life.

Sita Ram,
Mark

3 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: FlarityjATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Question concerning energy creatures on this list (DNFEC)
-
I belong to several unmoderated usenet groups who have a well indoctrinated
policy concerning energy creatures on the group.  Apparently, this group does
not observe this standard internet procedure  (We chant it like a
Mantra--DNFEC, DNFEC).  Is this because you are using energy creatures as a
tool for further advancement?  If so, you may want to think again about the
operating motivation for energy creatures.

It would be pleasingly ironic if you were unaware of the ubiquitous presence
of these poor souls on the internet who can be banished with two keystokes as
soon as they are identified.

Thank you all for the wonderful responses to my question concerning "looking
into people".  I have been given much to think about and believe this usenet
group is essential.

Joe Flarity

-
4 Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Books. Books?

One of the best things about this list for me has been the great book
recommendations.  I am into:
        The Teachings of Don Carlos by Victor Sanchez
right now and just finished:
         A Farther Shore by Yvonne Kasen.
-
I would not have known about either of these books, nor would I have looked
very deeply into them, if they had not been  strongly recommended here.
They are both very worthwhile and quite practical.

Does anyone else have any great books to recommend?  This would make a MUCH
better topic than some we have been on lately, don't you think?
		Mary,
	The Reluctant Earthling

-

5 Date: Mon, 14 Oct 96