1 Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996
From: davelong
Subject: Re: Kundalini, anyone?

Richard Satin wrote:

> And what about us on this list?  Are we really acting
> "respectfully" towards each other?  What are we doing -
> if anything - to exacerbate our differences?  Is it
> possible for us to find some common ground?
> I don't know.  But I have hopes.
> Richard

Richard,

You presented an interesting analysis. If there are indeed two
distinct groups, as you had delimited them, then Group #2 would
never see any real distinctions between the two. They would not
see "us" and "them" but "we." By the same token, it would be
those in Group #2 who would be less rankled at seeing something
they disagree with, and one further wonders if they would have
any opinions at all.

However, since you had already declared your non-membership in
Group #1, one may assume your analysis is somewhat colored by
your perception. The use of terms such as "love" and "tolerance"
and "compassion" and "understanding" in describing Group #2 can
be viewed as falsehoods. Is it a "compassion" to allow people to
destroy themselves? Or is it a false-compassion to do so? Are
we not our brothers' keeper?

The delimited list can be further refined as follows:

Group #1: SEEKERS. They are looking into activating their
kundalini, for reasons and motives one can only imagine. For
these people, let me say that it is easy to start the process.
Only God can bring it to completion.

Group #2: HUMANIST. "There is no absolute God, or moral absolutes.
Christianity sucks, and rules suck. Guilt sucks. And so does the
sinful society of corporate greed. There are only economic sins,
no personal sins. Man is the measure of all things. If it feels
good, do it. Do what you want to, so long as it doesn't (apparently)
hurt anyone (else) (right away). Kundalini means feeling good about
oneself." Escaping with sex, with drugs, with Nature. Second chakra.
The joy and pleasure they derive from ridiculing morality in no way
balances out the great suffering of the broad masses of people which
immorality causes, especially to themselves. Life is a game, and
it's called "Me First." Probably most are college graduates, having
been indoctrinated by the New High Priests: college professors.
The main appeal of kundalini to the humanists is that it *appears*
to be morally-neutral.

Group #3: NEW AGE. Again, drug-induced, but only up to the fifth
chakra. Supersensitivity to new ideas and concepts. Powers, traps,
and a constant self-searching and self-doubting. God exists to them,
but they don't know Him yet. Until they do, there will always be a
measure of doubt. Perhaps they follow a valid religious tradition
from the East, but still retain some of the old-baggage of the
humanist camp, especially in their world-view of right and wrong
having no absolutes. They delude themselves in thinking they're
Enlightened, or near-Enlightened, or in the Dark Night of the
Soul. However, they can now discern the existence of demons, and
can begin to recognize the wiles of the devil, which the humanists
can't.

Group #4: TRADITIONALIST. Those who follow a religious tradition.
If they break their arm, they don't fiddle with it and fix it
according to how *they* think it should be fixed. No. They seek
out a wise and experienced doctor to set their broken arm. They
are centered on God, and His love, not on any merely human
intellect or potential. They will advance to the 6th chakra.

Group #5: GIFTED: Receivers of the dual gift of an awakened
kundalini and a competent traditionalist teacher. They easily
glide through the chakras, experiencing only quickly all the
pitfalls and problems of the path. Sixth chakra.

Group #6: EVER-FREE. They are Boddhisatvas, those who choose to
come back, out of their compassion for the suffering of humanity.
But there are none of these on the list. They are quietly living
their lives among the poor, the rejected, the diseased, the
abused, unclean, the insane, the criminal, the disenfranchised,
and the lost.

Kundalini is a lot like the self-ascribed 'Born-Again' label:
Some have it, others want it.

2 Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996
From: Jessica Diane Simon
Subject: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

  Hello.
My name is Jessica and something strange is happening to me.  I wonder how many
letters start like that.  I wonder if I'm supposed to be typing this out in a
line or hitting 'enter' every so often so that it looks like a paragraph.  Okay.
I'm twenty-two, I have a degree in Theatre Arts...umm... I guess I'll try to
get to the point. I attended a Rainbow Gathering this summer, and like an idiot
I took some mushrooms on the advice of friends without doing the apropriate
research.  Please don't send me a bunch of letters telling me how stupid that
was.  I know. Anyway, I was doing okay for a while, and then this very nice man
offered to give me a massage.  I believe he said that he practiced 'tantric
yoga'. So he stated working on my back,and it felt wonderful.  Also, he was
telling me all kinds of very true things about myself.  He said that he was
doing energy work to try to release a block in my heart.  He did NOT know about
the mushrooms.  I hear you out there sayi ng 'oh no!' Well, I guess the
block came loose. I cannot describe exactly what happened.  I had several
powerful sensations all at once.  I was crying, for sure, and I passed out.
Like being everything.  Nothing. I don't know. When I came back around this man
was appologising and saying that he must have "accidentally set up a minor
kundalini" (!?!)  So I chocked it up to wierd drug experience and
let-that-be-a-lesson-to-me.  But now, months later, it keeps comming back. It
dominates my thoughts.  The absolute nature of things.  The sense that
something is happening with me, and that maybe I jump-started it too early but
now it's too late to go back because it has a life of it's own.  My friends
opinions are divided between 'well, that's mushrooms for you' and 'wow, you're
really on to something, you should meditate.' I've tried it, and it seems to
bring on the symptoms more acutely.  Maybe I'm just going crazy.  Hearing
strange words.  Not in English.  Please please don' t think I'm making this up
or exaggerating it.  I'm really scared.  Anyway, I just recently remembered
exactly what he said. "minor kundalini" so I looked up the word and here you
are.  I know how very ignorant I am and I would appreciate whatever information
or sympathy may be out there.  Write 'firefly' in the subject and my housemates
will know it's for me and not read it.  Thank you for your time,  Jessica.
-

3 Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: categories

Dear Dave,

I don't fit in "into" any of your categories.  But that's OK - TO LABEL ME IS
TO LIMIT ME, and I AM unlimited potential.

I also recognize that along the way, I probably have traveled through all of
your categories, so I am "they" as well.

Matters not to me - I embrace all.  BUT, embracing all does not mean being
blind to fear, control, anger, greed, etc. for ME.  I still play a very
active role in helping transform those emotions into love, joy, happiness,
responsibility, peace, calm, etc.  I can embrace ALL with love, but I can at
the same time PREFER more positive approaches to life.  And the best way I
have found to accomplish that is through love & acceptance.  That's where
transformation occurs.  Personal experience.....

Blessings,  Barb

4 Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996

Subject: a piece of fluff

With all the very heavy topics and debates that have started of late, I
decided that some mind-numbing silly information is in order.

So where does one go to get such information?  Why, television of course.

So with that in mind I offer this.

If anyone watched Roseanne last night, they may have noticed that there was
a decidedly new age bent to it.  In fact, Roseanne mentioned getting her
chakras open and her kundalini awakened.

So now millions of people have heard the term "kundalini".  Many have access
to the internet and may check it out on the web.   If you think the volume
of mail is bad now....

Perhaps we should take advanced measures to allow for the onslaught of TV
related posts.  So I put it to the list members, should we have a
Kundalini-TV list or just break it down by TV network?
-
There...

Now your minds should be sufficiently clear of all thoughts and a collective
sigh should be heard.

See?  Television can be helpful.

In Service to the Light,  (soon to be a TV miniseries starring Valerie
Bertinelli on CBS)

5 Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996