1 Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: Re: Right side only?

mary the reluctant earthling wrote:

>I have a cold that is only affecting the right side of my head.  How weird.
>But then again, what hasn't been weird since my K started rising?

must be the saem cold i have. my yoga teacher made me do child's pose
(sitting on my knees with my head down) with my forehead on a wooden block.
this really helped alot.

also, 1000 mg of vitamin C every 2 hours with a shot of echinacea tincture
and lots and lots of mu tea.

>Last month I had strep throat and now this.  I trust the K is cleaning me
>out but I am quite weary of it all just now.  It has been almost a year of
>one weird symptom after another.  First chakra stuff on up. **see addendum

i know the feeling

lia

-
2 Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996
From: GigawattATNOSPAMonramp.net
Subject: This is What Happened to Me....

When it happened to me, the whole room lit up..... I was meditating and
I knew that it was coming, because of the pictures that I would get in my
meditative state....

I did have the roaring sound, many times throughout life, and the extasy
of the mind when that happened, but I didn't know what it was... the rush
I felt, was one of great joy.

When the big one came, the whole dark room, lit up... and I saw a
religious figure... standing on a mountain top, about 12 feet away.
The sun in  this picture was half rising, or setting, behind the figure,
and the figure was slightly sidwards to me, and blowing a "Happy
New Year" horn.... I could hear the small horn...

That was a number of years ago, at about September or October, I
expected by the first of the year, that big things would happen, and
my good visions, and Out of the Body experiences, would be even
better, but that is not what happened....

I did  have another vision, right after the big K experience, in
which I was in front of my dads house, and I was alone watching
a heavy silver, two engine (piston) plane, dive into some apartment
buildings.... it would dive, and then come up, then  dive again.... I
could hear the loud roar sound of it's engines... one time it dove
down and didn't come up again.... I waited, and waited, and waited,
but it didn't come up again....

Dissappointed, I turned around and saw to my amazement another
plane, a gossimer, delicate plane with wings a mile in length, and
a large gossimer propeller on top, like a helicopter, slowly rotating
and another similar propeller in front as the plane slowly decended
and landed.... the plane landed on the road 1000 feet, behind my
fathers house and the tip of it's wing touched  the, front corner of
the side of my father's house, and broke a board, (little damage
to my father house,  ie: my body).
-
So that is what happened to me, so many years ago, and I guess
the K is slowly taking over, although, the cramps in my feet, and
the jerking I feel sometimes, and the sounds I hear when I snooze,
may be part of it.... and other things too....

Well, I toss this out for your perusal, and inspection, and will
accept any comments....

Connor
-

3 Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996
From: JamesBMannATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: kundalini=drama

Dear Greg

You might try some of the ways talked about in this monograph if you like.
-
Jim Mann

4 Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996
From: susanmayATNOSPAMdigital.net
Subject: Re: Intro and self-intro (sub:astrology & k)

Dan said ...
-
>my point is, these people are looking for guidance, and are probably afraid
>to post, and chasing after them with a stick to "stay on topic" when they
>dont even know what the topic is, is a bit much I think.

>I agree that excessive posts off-topic (eg: preachy ones, as recent),
>should be eliminated. but let's not get overly-miltant about it.

I am a newbie.  I like the forum and the possiblities inherent in a forum like
this list.  I was one who opened my mouth (keyboard? ) and talked about
sticking to the topic of kundalini.  Not knowing anyone and lurking for only a
couple weeks perhaps did not give me enough time for an adequate overview of
the group/list.  I was not the the only person to strongly react to some of the
recent posts to the list but I should probably have exercised greater restraint.

You're right, kundalini is hard to define and many things can therefore be said
to be related to it.  In fact, one could probably argue that everything is
related to it. So perhaps staying "on topic" is not and should not be an issue.

..
>newbies need to be given special handling, so that they feel welcome and
>comfortable with posting here, we should extend to them to write a message,
>about whatever they like as to whatever they are going through, or leaving
>a questionable first post to Richard.

..
>Dan.
>There are always possibilities...

Here's a brief intro of myself (from the personality level) for the curious:
{Is this like a spiritual resume? }

I am and have been a student of kundalini yoga for over 20 years.  In high
school, I discovered that I could raise my own kundalini (and have mentally
struggled off and on ever since with who is the "I" I am talking about here). I
met my teacher who is the first female saint of India and at 20-21, I received
initiation and my first Shaktipat experiences from her.  I have consequently
had numerous Shaktipat experiences from numerous  k yoga teachers I have spent
time with. (I lived for 10 years in Oregon and my teacher was far away,
travelling the globe. She has ashrams in FL and NY).  I currently live in FL
near the FL ashram.

Each k experience has been unique, some sexual but most were similar to the
orgasmic state but at a more whole body/soul level.  Some of these experiences
have singed my eyeballs or my eardrums or blasted open my chakras with short
and/or long term effects.  I think the effects are most lasting in nature when
we work on disciplining ourselves through yoga practices, pranayama, mantra,
and meditation, and of course, diet, etc.

These k experiences do not lend themselves easily to verbal description,
except for their effects on the body and mind until the soul gets strong
enough to express and manifest more fully.  I think UFO and NDE experiences et
al all are related to k. I have had 2 UFO sightings experiences, one at 17 in
So. Florida and one in central FL where a group where 3 or 4 of us saw two
UFOs at the ashram on the 4th of July.  I have had one OBE and two NDEs after
open heart surgeries.  (I am very glad to hear the similar stories many of you
are telling about these hard-to-describe k experiences.

I have my Masters in Business, emphasis, accounting, and was an accountant for
the state of OR for 5 years.  I quit due to stress and am pursuing my
avocation.  I've been a student of astrology for over 20 years.  I've been a
full-time professional for over two years.  As an East/West astrologer,
focusing on the spiritual, I would have to say that I don't completely agree
with someone who recently wrote that k simply happens.  I think k rising is
sometimes more natural than at other times: a demonstration of our planetary
patterns in our life-cycles; but also it happens deliberately through
Shaktipat (grace of guru) or fine tuning and self-discipline developed in
yoga.

Whatever way k rises, it evidences itself through removal of blockages in the
chakras and re-alignment with the Infinite.  It can be experienced with and
without the help of teachers, although I think it is better to be under the
guidance of a teacher.  A teacher can help alleviate or ameliorate negative
effects and repercussions as well as answer the numerous questions we have.

At mid-life (38-42), for most of us, the k rises naturally and prominently due
to influences felt from transiting Uranus opposing its natal position in the
chart (western astrological perspective).  In Vedic Astrology, for the most
part, Vedic astrologers do not use the outer planets and k experiences can be
mostly attributed to planetary periods related to and transits to Rahu and
Ketu (the north and  south nodes of the Moon).  Some astrologers, among them,
Ray Grasse, have recently started doing astro-chakra profiles which show where
the k current flows most freely and where the blockages are by placing the
planets and signs against the chakra map.  (BTW, Ray Grasse recently published
an article in the Mountain Astroger on this and a very interesting book
entitled, "The Waking Dream")

The chakras where one has a number of benefic planets show the strongest
openings and activations.  Chakras where no planets reside (by sign) may
indicate blockages.  This is pretty new stuff.  I do these charts for friends
and clients using both tropical (western) and sidereal (Vedic) zodiacs to
achieve greater confluence.  I am very interested in this area of astrology
and how it relates to experiences of k rising in general.  Currently, I am
trying to write an astrology book about power (political, relationship and
spiritual forms of power).

Listers, I just share this with you so you can get to know me. If you have any
questions at all, please ask me.  I have joined this list for a number of
reasons: wisdom (I enjoy the quotes and personal stories), and the opportunity
to share knowledge and experience in the hopes of making new friends and most
of all have fun while dreaming the dream.

Namaste,

Sue May

Luminaries Unlimited
P O Box 100752