1 Date: Fri, 27 Sep 96
From: Richard Satin
Subject: Fwd: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

From: shelley a. reynolds      \ Internet:    (xzqw48aATNOSPAMaloha.net)
Subject: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

I have been experiencing kundalini for almost 20yrs. I just recently learned
what i experience has a name, and that others also experience it. For years
i have been afraid of this experience,thought i was having siezure activity,
or something evil was going on. I would feel intense waves of what felt like
electrical currents running through my spine and up through my head.in the
past i would be so afraid i would always try and stop it or make it go away,
when this would happen the intensity would increase. im not as afraid
because i have some understanding, now.however im experiencing kundalini
more frequently and more intensly,not sure what this means,can anyone help?

------- FORWARD, End of original message -------

I really think I write about everyday life.  I don't think I'm
quite as odd as others say I am.  Life is intrinsically, well,
boring and dangerous at the same time.  At any given moment the
floor may open up.  Of course, it almost never does; that's what
makes it so boring.
Edward Gorey

2 Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996
From: melody.gaviganATNOSPAMnvonline.com (Melody Gavigan)
Subject: How to control side-effects of K ?
-
-> This sounds scary... could you please explain this a little further. I
-> didn't start Kundalini meditations to become a lunatic in the eyes of
-> other people... Are you saying that Kundalini might cause mental
-> illnesses?

        Hi Kari, it is true that western medicine does not comprehend
kundalini.  The problem is that a chronic, severely debilitating
disease called schizophrenia (which is usually a gradual onset, early
in life) causes symptoms (such as a glimpse into the unity and the
primal split underlying all creation) mimics higher level chakras.
        A person who has schizophrenia is unable to control the
openings from "pure consciousness" and his ego fragments. It is
a total waste of a person.
        However, there are some experiences which are not mental
illness, but mimic the symptoms and the MDs can't tell the difference
so they might put you some very heavy-duty meds that can completely
block your spiritual and conscious evolution. These experiences
are "spiritual emergencies" and "spiritual emergence symptoms."
It's pretty sad when a person who is in mid-life and suddenly lets
the gate open from pure consciousness and is thrown temporarily
off balance by the experience, and if he is then diagnosed something
like schizo-affective or bipolar, his awakening can sadly get
medicated away into total unsensitivity to the Light.
        If a person truly has the malignant disease of schizophrenia,
he will not have the cognitive ability to integrate the severe split
that occurs within his psyche. These people are casualities, but
perhaps the illness has a larger meaning in the universal order of
meaning. If a person truly is ill, he will continually regress to
the level of the 2nd chakra (usually) and remain stuck there. If
the experiences come suddenly, such as later in life, after a loss,
a success, a failure, a crisis, etc., it's a good bet that they
are manifestations of either a Spiritual Emergency or Spiritual
Emergence signs. Medicating these out of existance is as unconscionable
as withholding medication from a true schizophrenic victim.
It's a fine line to walk, but the #$%&* MDs have GOT to learn
the difference!!

Hope this helps,
Melody
-

3 Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996
From: Mark Rivera
Subject: Re: Fwd: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. There are two sides to every coin.
I can formally ask a question and have the right to express my view as I
see it so long as it does not go against or harm anyone else. Since
nothing I have written has been of a nature not haveing to do with the
kundalini, I feel I have the privledge to request a right to participate
in general discussion with all recipients. I have made nice friends here
and they can attest to my character and behavior on the net. I think it is
unfortunate that you feel as you do, but I will respect your request
formally. In return, I ask that my fellow list members, especially those
with whom I have come to know as e-mail friends not misjudge me
considering the dual identity the other participant chose to express her
views on this list. While I will certainly honor your request, I will not
be held back from public responses since I have never broken any of the
rules or laws regarding E-mail and the use of it. Thank you.

On Fri, 27 Sep 1996, Richard Satin wrote:

> ------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------
>
> From: reikiATNOSPAMbbs.pennet.com     \ Internet:    (reikiATNOSPAMbbs.pennet.com)
>
> hi,
>     as far as easing the pain, i follow a few simple rules, mostly from
> chi kung practice that makes the sensations more bearable.
>
> 1.  keep the tongue up, this completes the major energy circuit.
> 2.  eat moderately.  i personally don't eat any meat, or most canned
> food any more.  i find the more healthy in general my lifestyle the
> better things go.
> 3.  be careful with emotions.  remember you are purifying yourself, and
> also you are more electric now than before.  a little negativity hurt
> you before, but subtly, now it really hurts.
>
> 4.  lay on the ground, hug trees, drink lots of water.
>

> best wishes
>

> ------- FORWARD, End of original message -------
>

> --
> It was completely fruitless to quarrel with the world, whereas
> the quarrel with oneself was occasionally fruitful, and always,
> she had to admit, interesting.
> May Sarton

-
4 Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996
From: GREG KERNAGHAN
Subject: kundalini=drama

I've been reading these 'postings' for a while and it seems like
everybody who has an 'awakening' is plagued by trouble (physical,
psychological, practical i.e. microwave oven doesn't work, t.v. and
flouro lights drive you nuts, street lights stop working when you walk
under them, can't stand some people... etc etc etc)
-
If this is so, why in the hell is everybody trying to do the big K?

In addition, how about posting some groovy ways of firing up the big K
so others can mess with the microwave too!

Greg Kernaghan

-
5 Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996
From: Mark Rivera
Subject: Re: Fwd: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center (fwd)

I accidentally may have messed up mailing my repky to the list so I hope
if anyone cares, my reply is read. Thanks.

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. There are two sides to every coin.
I can formally ask a question and have the right to express my view as I
see it so long as it does not go against or harm anyone else. Since
nothing I have written has been of a nature not haveing to do with the
kundalini, I feel I have the privledge to request a right to participate
in general discussion with all recipients. I have made nice friends here
and they can attest to my character and behavior on the net. I think it is
unfortunate that you feel as you do, but I will respect your request
formally. In return, I ask that my fellow list members, especially those
with whom I have come to know as e-mail friends not misjudge me
considering the dual identity the other participant chose to express her
views on this list. While I will certainly honor your request, I will not
be held back from public responses since I have never broken any of the
rules or laws regarding E-mail and the use of it. Thank you.

On Fri, 27 Sep 1996, Richard Satin wrote:

> ------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------
>
> From: reikiATNOSPAMbbs.pennet.com     \ Internet:    (reikiATNOSPAMbbs.pennet.com)
> To:   Richard Satin            \ Internet:    (libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com)
>
> hi,
>     as far as easing the pain, i follow a few simple rules, mostly from
> chi kung practice that makes the sensations more bearable.
>
> 1.  keep the tongue up, this completes the major energy circuit.
> 2.  eat moderately.  i personally don't eat any meat, or most canned
> food any more.  i find the more healthy in general my lifestyle the
> better things go.
> 3.  be careful with emotions.  remember you are purifying yourself, and
> also you are more electric now than before.  a little negativity hurt
> you before, but subtly, now it really hurts.
>
> 4.  lay on the ground, hug trees, drink lots of water.
>

> best wishes
>

> ------- FORWARD, End of original message -------
>

> --
> It was completely fruitless to quarrel with the world, whereas
> the quarrel with oneself was occasionally fruitful, and always,
> she had to admit, interesting.
> May Sarton

6 Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996