1 Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996
From: melody.gaviganATNOSPAMnvonline.com (Melody Gavigan)
Subject: Re: Sexual K Experiences: Steve: (Spoiler)

SI>I would welcome stories of k awakening and experiences of all natures.  I
  >would suggest that if some people are unconfortable with certain aspects of
  >kundalini,  that they must look inside themselves to find the reasons for th
SI>As I am just starting the k process, I am interested in learing as much as
  >possible.  As long as the sexual aspects are described with respect to
  >kundalini and not purely for shock or pornographic values, I don't think
  >many would object  to hearing those stories.
SI>In Service to the Light,

     First of all, I would like to say that I loved the way you signed
off, "In Service to the Light." That is exactly how I feel every day now.
     I want to tell the story of my awakening beginning but this part
is of a sexual nature, so I will add a "spoiler" to this message so as
not to offend anyone (scroll down).

      In June of this year, I was doing a lot of reading on spiritual
subjects and had many times in the past sensed the unity behind all
creation and also the primal split of Yin/Yang underlying that (which is
an illusion..I believe?) Anyway, during the time of my studies, I met a
man who is two years younger than I. (You may have heard me speak about
this man on this list - after our breakup). Anyway, we had an intense
physical attraction to each other.

     I also believe that, despite his severe blockages in his spirit
that make him a keg of dynamite full of grievances against women, he
has been seeking spirituality all of his life desperately. His ego is
so enthroned because of his early Mormon church upbringing and training
in the Marines, and training in his job for which he has to be a
non-compromising perfectionist that he is a Master Manipulator and
can't handle any situation which he feels the slightest out of control
in.

        Anyway, he had built this special bed that is, like,
waist-high off the ground. He is a cabinet-maker extraordinare and
bought a custom mattress for it, so that it would have lots of drawers
underneath it. We found that it was the *perfect* height for making
love, with him standing and me laying back on the bed.
-
     I was learning how to surrender spiritually, and this led to my
complete surrender in bed. When the woman is passively in total and
in a state of utter and complete surrender and the man is relaxed and
not worrying if he is performing adequately etc., I believe that energy
from heaven goes through the man, into the woman, and cycles back this
way. I fully believe that these love-making sessions completed the
process of opening my heart chakra that had started sporadically in
1992 (that is too long of a story/and not sexually related).

-      Thus, the beginning of my awakening. It's just too bad that this
man won't explore with me further. He got scared by this unconditional
love and receptivity he was sensing in my energy field, at the center
or core of my Self. He just was not completely ready to receive. (I am
not compulsive, needy, or anything like that.) He did admit that he
felt he wanted to learn from me, but then even any contact became too
unbearable for him. I think that the light shining so brightly through
my spirit illuminated his total and complete ego control, and it scared
the living daylights out of him! He may never be ready to face his
shadow nature. My ego feels abandoned, but at the same time, I also
feel that he came by at just the exact time to push each of us up one
more step on the ladder of conscious evolution! And so I release him,
with peace, love, and appreciation, and I forgive him for the abuse.
(How can you not forgive an ignorant person?)

In the Service of the Light also,
Melody

 * 1st 2.00 #7384 * Lust is off-topic.

-

2 Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996
From: melody.gaviganATNOSPAMnvonline.com (Melody Gavigan)
Subject: Re: Sexual K Experiences

PI>BY the way, Internet Explorer has netmeeting, a great chat room
  >facilty...Any other suggestions?

I do not have Web access, so I could not participate in a chat room.
Melody

 * 1st 2.00 #7384 * Self observation is effort. Life is effort. Healing is....

3 Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996
From: M.ParrATNOSPAMshu.ac.uk (Mike Parr)
Subject: Re: Kundalini...

>i would, however, like more information about kundalini yoga, as the
only
>yoga studio here is Iyengar based.

>Lia

Hi Lia
hope you dont mind a personal reply - I'm sure there are people who can
assist with K-yoga, (and will probably reply) and I guess that you also
know a bit about it.

The style that Ihave tried is used by the 3HO people, and they have
centres in  a few major cities.  They produce a lot of books with 100s
of 'sets' in them (too many in my opinion !!)
A typical set consists of a series of postures , each of which  affects
a different area of the spine, working upwards -often  coupled with
'breath of fire'- which I guess you know (though Iyengar classes dont
do this v. much in UK)   I tried it for a while, but couldnt continue
on my own - and I wasnt sure I wanted to get into the guru aspect,
which many of the teachers were into.
Best wishes - Mike
ps - I think your mails to the K list are wonderfully open  (and even
though i think my spontaneous backbends are wonderful, I never discuss
this stuff elsewhere :-)

4 Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96