1 Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: Tenderness in heart

At 03:47 PM 9/19/96 MST, you wrote:
>I have lately started feeling extreme tenderness in the
>heart area. I am not sure how to handle this. It is leading
>to perpetual wetness in the eyes. I also feel like hugging
>every thing I see, or have. IS THIS NORMAL??

hehe... sorry i have to chuckle. yep, same ol', same ol'.  but i didnt
get the hugging feeling. probably of my lack of receiving them.
Dan.
There are always possibilities...

-
2 Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: The List

Well everyone it seems as if my work here is almost done, so I'll probably
be leaving the list soon, i've left all the threads go by themselves, and
are not part of them. I'll just lurk for a week or so and see if there are
specific things I can respond to, otherwise i'm just going to sit back,
relax, and enjoy.  I wish you all well, and hope your progress comes
along.

For those of you who havent seen the info, it's probably a real good idea to
check out KRN (Kundalini Research Net) and SEN (Spiritual Emergence Net).

one website: www.vitalenergy.org/krn I think was the krn one.

and always remember my tagline below...
Dan.
There are always possibilities...
-

3 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: melody.gaviganATNOSPAMnvonline.com (Melody Gavigan)

DS>I have lately started feeling extreme tenderness in the
  >heart area. I am not sure how to handle this. It is leading
  >to perpetual wetness in the eyes. I also feel like hugging
-  >every thing I see, or have. IS THIS NORMAL??

DS>God bless us all.
  >-Daljeet

The Native Americans view spirituality as having a "moist heart."
A heart moistened by tears. It is through pain that we find joy.

Melody

* 1st 2.00 #7384 * Humanity is collectively preparing to embrace the 4th chakra

4 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: melody.gaviganATNOSPAMnvonline.com (Melody Gavigan)
Subject: Kundalini Eyes

CN>> I have always wondered about "kundalini eyes".

Is there something I could read on this subject? I've never heard of
the term, but then, all this is new to me. My feeling about kundalini
eyes is that it's probably that healing glance of deep empathy and
compassion and unconditional love that you can transmit to someone
in a second, and goes like an arrow straight to their spirit if they
are receptive.

Melody

 * 1st 2.00 #7384 * We adapt to the killing of the spirit by gradual changes.
-

5 Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996
From: Dave Long
Subject: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

Re: Toleration of Evil

I met a traveler from an antique land, who said:
-
"To tolerate evil makes one just as guilty as the doer of evil.
 It is evil to tolerate evil."

"Every evil deed has evil repercussions. There is no such thing as
 a 'harmless immorality.'"

"We may not judge an individual soul. That is the prerogative of God
 alone. But we are obligated to judge ACTIONS as right or wrong,
 good or bad, tolerable or intolerable."
-
"It is hypocritical to say that people shouldn't impose their values
 on each other. People impose their values on others always. It's not
 a question of whether we should, but which values will prevail?"

He then went on to explain how detachment might be fine for an
anthropologist, studying some exotic culture somewhere. We expect
the scientist to have a detached observation of a culture. But that
attitude of detachment from culture does not carry over when applied
to viewing ones own culture.
-
He called this feigned detachment, the turning away from evil, the
smirking and eye-winking at the self-destruction of others:
a false-compassion, a true hatred of people.

He then went on to explain how those afflicted with a moral-liberal
mindset are actively working to lower the general moral level of
society. He said they view it as a "crusade" to bring "freedom."
However, the bottomline is simply greed. Immorality generates money,
and they're right behind, scooping it up.
-
He then stepped back, and disappeared into a great multitude.

[God is by definition beyond definition.]

6 Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996
From: Paco
Subject: RE: Words
-
Steven,
	Excuse me if I add a few linguistical notes:
"Toyez Barechtu" could be a derivative of
"Tayaaz Baaraaktu" from the ancient Egyptian, meaning
literally "my cat says water is the devil";
There is also the resemblance to a passage from an
ancient Japanese text, phonetically transcribed as
"Taa Yaa Sie Bal Actoo" which means, roughly,
"we love ya, big John Wayne!".
Anyways, I hope this is some help to you as you
solve this mystery. Of course, you could just
get a Ouija board and spell it out, while
chanting it, then stare into the mirror with
the lights out and repeat it over and over and
see what appears...*smile*...just don't turn off
your TV!!!  good luck

                 later bro,
		   Paco
-

7 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: melody.gaviganATNOSPAMnvonline.com (Melody Gavigan)
Subject: Re: Tolerance of Others

Dan,

-> I thought you said you had read Dr. Kason's book? thats why I used those
-> terms. You even used STE yourself, so I only assumed you knew.

No you must be confusing me with Mary or someone else. I will read the
book though. Are you saying that you are a patient of Dr. Kason?
I didn't use the term STE, but I have written here about spiritual
emergence signs.

Melody

-

8 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: Natasha Avon
Subject:  Is it K?

Hi everyone--

I actually stumbled upon the concept of K while searching for holistic
healing pages, and I was wondering if anyone can let me know if what
I'm going through is K manifestation.

Within the past three or so weeks I'm been increasingly aware that I
have a much-below normal tolerance level. It doesn't take much to set me
off and it takes quite a bit to calm myself down and tell myself that's how
things are going to be, i.e. I get furious with women who wear white
pantyhose because it looks terrible. I had never thought about that part of
myself before and it's creating quite a conflict.

Physically, I've had left side miseries in various forms for the past three
years, stemming from what an orthopedic physician thought was a
mushed-up disc or some such affected doctor talk. It's a slow burn in the
tailbone that hurtles down the left leg. Lately, however, it's been the left
arm and shoulder with the occasional chest pain. I know it's not a heart
condition because I was in the ER in July for what I thought was cardiac
arrest (turned out to be a $1,500 panic attack) and the physicans gave
me an EKG and told me my heart was fine.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I'd like to be as certain as possible so I
don't start posting spam and defeating the purpose of this list.
-
Thanks a lot, everyone!

9 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: Jim Cook
Subject: Re: Is it K?

At 09:00 AM 9/20/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everyone--
>
>I actually stumbled upon the concept of K while searching for holistic
>healing pages, and I was wondering if anyone can let me know if what
>I'm going through is K manifestation.
>
>Within the past three or so weeks I'm been increasingly aware that I
>have a much-below normal tolerance level. It doesn't take much to set me
>off and it takes quite a bit to calm myself down and tell myself that's how
>things are going to be, i.e. I get furious with women who wear white
>pantyhose because it looks terrible. I had never thought about that part of
>myself before and it's creating quite a conflict.
>
>Physically, I've had left side miseries in various forms for the past three
>years, stemming from what an orthopedic physician thought was a
>mushed-up disc or some such affected doctor talk. It's a slow burn in the
>tailbone that hurtles down the left leg. Lately, however, it's been the left
>arm and shoulder with the occasional chest pain. I know it's not a heart
>condition because I was in the ER in July for what I thought was cardiac
>arrest (turned out to be a $1,500 panic attack) and the physicans gave
>me an EKG and told me my heart was fine.
>
>Sorry for the lengthy post, but I'd like to be as certain as possible so I
>don't start posting spam and defeating the purpose of this list.
>
>Thanks a lot, everyone!

   Dear Natasha,

-  Sounds to me like someone put a big rock in your left shirt
  pocket throwing you off balance.

  Jim

10 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: SYL228ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re;eyes
-
So, through the eyes love attains the heart:
For the eyes are the scouts of the heart,
And the eyes go reconnoitering
For what it would please the heart to possess.
And when they are in full accord
And firm, all three, in the one resolve,
At that time perfect love is born
>From what the eyes have made welcome to the heart.
Not otherwise can love either be born or have commencement
Than by this birth and commencement moved by inclination.

By the grace and by command
Of these three, and from their pleasure,
Love is born, who with fair hope
Goes comforting her friends.
For as all true lovers
Know, love is perfect kindness,
Which is born--there is no doubt--from the heart and eyes.
The eyes make it blossom; the heart matures it;
Love, which is the fruit of their very seed.

Guiraut de Borneilh  (c. 1138-1200?)   A Troubadour

Enjoy
Jule

-
11 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: jmckinnonATNOSPAMcc.weber.edu
Subject: Re: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

Does this mean that I should flog homosexuals,
fornicators,
and adulterers?

And similarly punish consumers of alcohol,
pot,
and narcotics?

And what about all those "satanic" yogis,
budhists,
muslims,
and jews?

God forbid.  To each their own.

Mac.

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Dave Long wrote:

> Re: Toleration of Evil
>

> "It is hypocritical to say that people shouldn't impose their values
>  on each other. People impose their values on others always. It's not
>  a question of whether we should, but which values will prevail?"

12 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger

At 06:52 AM 9/20/96 GMT, you wrote:
>Dan,
->
>No you must be confusing me with Mary or someone else. I will read the
>book though. Are you saying that you are a patient of Dr. Kason?
>I didn't use the term STE, but I have written here about spiritual
>emergence signs.

sorry about that Melody, and sorry Mary for getting this messed up.
Yes, I'm a patient of Dr. Kason's. I'm seeing her in a week. I'll see what's
new. and post anything of interest.
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

13 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: davelong
Subject: God As Beggar

** God As Beggar **

"A boy was standing in the street, holding all sorts of rare and
 precious gems in his hands. Many gathered around him, begging for
 just one pearl, or one small ruby. But the boy wouldn't give any
 of his gems to the beggars.

 A man walked past, not at all interested in what the boy had to
 offer, and the boy rushed over to the man, begging that he accept
 all his gems."
				-paraphrasing Sri Ramakrishna

-	Obviously, the boy is God.
	But what are the gems He has in His hands?
	And why won't He give even a small one to the beggars?
	What are the motives of the beggars?
	Are the gems more precious to them than the boy?
	How does this story compare with "Ask and ye shall receive?"
	What is it we are to ask for?

-
14 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 96
From: Tim Seewald
Subject: RE: AutoPost - Definition of Detachment

Dave (and everyone),

Your post begs for a definition of what true spiritual detachment actually
is.  To my knowledge this has rarely been concisely defined because true
detachment is a dynamic _process_, a state of _Knowing_, and a _signpost_ of
spiritual enlightenment on the Journey Home.

To achieve detachment one must first develop spiritual _discretion_;
the ability to discern the difference between that which is Truth and that
which is Illusion in our life experience.  This requires developing a
sensitivity to the vibrational differences between that which resonates
with Soul/Source, and that which does not.  We need only to quiet the mind
and look inside our own Hearts for clues to help identify the vibrational
disparities manifested in the moment.  Only in silence can we find release
from the tyranny of the inner dialog of duality, and transcend words and
thoughts to become Spirit-guided "Witnesses of Consciousness".

Having developed discretion, the next step is to make two piles; one of
Truth and one of Illusion.  This is a continual process until we have
identified all facets of our Being and all manifestations on this plane of
existence as belonging to one or the other.  The more we apply our discretion,
the easier it gets to identify what belongs where.  There are no "gray" areas;
one needs only to honestly look within the Heart to Know.  If for some reason
our ego doesn't end up on the right pile, or no pile at all, we may fall into
the trap of self-righteousness and sit in judgement of others because it's
easier than having to grow beyond our own comfortable duality and brave the
next step.

The next step is scary!  It is the traumatic realization of our Illusions and
a corresponding _surrender_ to the Essence of Spirit contained in the items on
our pile of Truth.  It is making the conscious _choice_ to direct our attention
away from Illusion and place it on Spirit, and in doing so we acquire true
Freedom because we grant others Freedom to arrange their piles any way they see
fit, thereby detaching all connections of _their_ piles to _our_ piles.

When I listen to the silent recesses of my Soul, I sense that detachment is
much more that just an optional technique on the Path of Enlightenment.
Detachment seems to be a mandatory prerequisite and a _mandate_ from Soul to
finally sort out and admit to ourselves what is Illusion and what is Truth.
Perhaps only after sorting everything out and taking a stand beside our
pile of Truths can we relinquish our love affair with exercising personal will
in the worlds of Illusion, for the possibility of becoming worthy instruments
for the manifestation of Divine Will in the worlds of Spirit.

I'll now attempt a concise definition of (spiritual) detachment...
-
de.'tach.ment - 1. The Divine urge of Spirit to recognize Itself amongst the
                chaos of Illusion.  2. The process by which Soul comes to
                Know Itself through Transcendence of Illusion.

>From my Heart to Yours,
-Tim

--- On Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:09:22 -1000 (HST)  Dave Long  wrote:
-
>Re: Toleration of Evil

[snip]

>He then went on to explain how detachment might be fine for an
>anthropologist, studying some exotic culture somewhere. We expect
>the scientist to have a detached observation of a culture. But that
>attitude of detachment from culture does not carry over when applied
>to viewing ones own culture.
->
>He called this feigned detachment, the turning away from evil, the
>smirking and eye-winking at the self-destruction of others:
>a false-compassion, a true hatred of people.

[snip]

>[God is by definition beyond definition.]

-
15 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: God As Beggar

At 10:09 AM 9/20/96 -0700, you wrote:
>** God As Beggar **
>
>"A boy was standing in the street, holding all sorts of rare and
> precious gems in his hands. Many gathered around him, begging for
> just one pearl, or one small ruby. But the boy wouldn't give any
> of his gems to the beggars.
>
> A man walked past, not at all interested in what the boy had to
> offer, and the boy rushed over to the man, begging that he accept
> all his gems."
>				-paraphrasing Sri Ramakrishna
>
>	Obviously, the boy is God.
>	But what are the gems He has in His hands?
>	And why won't He give even a small one to the beggars?
>	What are the motives of the beggars?
>	Are the gems more precious to them than the boy?
>	How does this story compare with "Ask and ye shall receive?"
>	What is it we are to ask for?

Everything I read says Fear is the opposite of Love and God is Love.
Begging is fearful.  Begging implies lack, worry, looking outside of one's
self also.  Begging implies that you may not get what you want just by
asking for it confidently.

Get it?
		Mary,
	The Reluctant Earthling

16 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: melody.gaviganATNOSPAMnvonline.com (Melody Gavigan)

Hi again Dan,

DN>sorry about that Melody, and sorry Mary for getting this messed up.
  >Yes, I'm a patient of Dr. Kason's. I'm seeing her in a week. I'll see what's
  >new. and post anything of interest.

So tell us, what city are you lucky enough to live in where you can
see a dr. who happens to be knowledgeable and supportive of Kundalini?
-
Melody

 * 1st 2.00 #7384 * Next time you're down on your knees, why not stay there?

17 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: melody.gaviganATNOSPAMnvonline.com (Melody Gavigan)
Subject: Re: Eyes: Jule
-
Jule,
     WOW. Where did you find this wonderful prose? I am surprised that
"reconnoitering" is a word that would have been used way back then.
(Maybe it was translated).

S8>So, through the eyes love attains the heart:
  >For the eyes are the scouts of the heart,
  >And the eyes go reconnoitering
  >For what it would please the heart to possess.
-  >And when they are in full accord
  >And firm, all three, in the one resolve,

     What are the three? Is talking about the "third eye"?
(I haven't learned anything about that yet.)

  >At that time perfect love is born
  >From what the eyes have made welcome to the heart.
  >Not otherwise can love either be born or have commencement
  >Than by this birth and commencement moved by inclination.
-
S8>By the grace and by command
  >Of these three, and from their pleasure,

     There's the "three" again....

  >Love is born, who with fair hope
  >Goes comforting her friends.
  >For as all true lovers
  >Know, love is perfect kindness,
-  >Which is born--there is no doubt--from the heart and eyes.
  >The eyes make it blossom; the heart matures it;
  >Love, which is the fruit of their very seed.

S8>Guiraut de Borneilh  (c. 1138-1200?)   A Troubadour

Thank you,
Melody

- * 1st 2.00 #7384 * The central fact is an overwhelming consciousness of God.

18 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: Dr. Kason

At 05:55 PM 9/20/96 GMT, you wrote:
>Hi again Dan,
->
>So tell us, what city are you lucky enough to live in where you can
>see a dr. who happens to be knowledgeable and supportive of Kundalini?

Dr. Kason, whom I know is one of the founders of the KRN (Kundalini Research
Net) and SEN (Spiritual Emergence Net), is located in Toronto Ontario Canada.
Which just happens to be the address where postal mail for KRN goes to too.
 they have doctors all over the world who help out, and are a part of
the two organizations. You'd be surprised.

Kundalini is getting more and more, and stronger and stronger support from
very well known doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists, mental health
workers, etc.
Dan.
There are always possibilities...

19 Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996
From: melody.gaviganATNOSPAMnvonline.com (Melody Gavigan)

Dave; Awesome. I'll give it a try (but remember I'm just a beginner).

DG>"A boy was standing in the street, holding all sorts of rare and
  > precious gems in his hands. Many gathered around him, begging for
  > just one pearl, or one small ruby. But the boy wouldn't give any
  > of his gems to the beggars.
DG> A man walked past, not at all interested in what the boy had to
  > offer, and the boy rushed over to the man, begging that he accept
-  > all his gems."

DG> Obviously, the boy is God.
  > But what are the gems He has in His hands?
          [The power of co-creation?]

  > And why won't He give even a small one to the beggars?
          [Their motives are not pure?]

  > What are the motives of the beggars?
-          [To gain power in the service of the Ego?]

  > Are the gems more precious to them than the boy?
          [YES - power is seductive]

  > How does this story compare with "Ask and ye shall receive?"
          [Same as: What we focus on expands]

   > What is it we are to ask for?
          [To be a channel of divine love, whereby others will find
-             their own evolution of consciousness?]

Melody

 * 1st 2.00 #7384 * Makes sense to me!!!!