1 Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996
From: Natha Bhaktyananda
Subject: Re: Kundalini, of course!

dfisherATNOSPAMspectra.net wrote:

> Hi Natha--greetings to you in Denmark!
>
> I am writing because you have piqued my interest with your post to
> Kundalini-L. (etc.)---------------------------------

        Dear Dave,

Your experience is typically etheric (2nd body), with a tint of astral
projection (3rd body). The etheric element is connected with the sensation of
zillions of volts buzzing through your structure; usually it can be *very*
unpleasant or frightening, especially for beginners. The astral element is
revealed by your capacity to manifest in various dreamscapes, etc.

While these phenomena can be very spectacular, and even lead to some paranormal
accomplishments (healing, exorcism, prophecy, etc.), they can be a great
temptation and *waste of time* when one searches for Liberation (Enlightenment).
They are mostly useful for enhancing your faith and spiritual commitement, by
eloquently proving to you that there is "more between Heaven and Earth" than
the eye can catch. One of my old masters used to say that where in the physical
world there is *one* possiblity to be deluded by illusion, in the astral world
there are *a hundred*, since this (astral) world is so plastic, vast,
polymorphic -- the very epitome of maya or the universal illusion.

You can read books of people who were able to practise this out-of-the-body
projection and notice that they have merely spent all their lives wandering
wildly though endless dreamscapes, but that beyond the excitement and some
minor advantages this has not brought most of them closer to the Goal. Instead
of exploring the earthly illusion, they have used their time exploring the
astral illusion, which is so much more thrilling and catching. What you need is
a *vertical* exploration, not a horizontal one! For this, it is important to
learn how to "shift frequency" upward during your dreams, with the use of a
mantra for example (or other spiritual techniques, such as meditation). It is
also very important to decide before falling asleep what exactly you will do
when you will become conscious during your sleep/dreams, and to program your
subconscious mind not to lose time on trite wandering.

If you feel need for specific details, do not hesitate to contact me,

Spiritually yours, with blessing,
--
Natha Bhaktyananda
Kbmagergade 28, 2., 1150 K

2 Date: Thu, 19 Sep 96
From: Tim Seewald
Subject: RE: Increased Righteousness
-
Mary,

As we evolve spiritually, we become more aware of the illusion and folly
that most people manifest.  "Good" and "bad" are just a viewpoint because all
things further one in this life.  As our awareness of folly in others
increases, so does our awareness of it in ourselves and this is why
_detachment_ and _balance_ are so important.  When we view all the folly
with detachment is when we _see_ that all things are learning experiences
and choose to give others freedom and space to be whatever they want to
be at the time.

When challenged in this fashion, I detach and ask myself:

1)  Is this something I can or should participate in?
    If I choose not to participate, the matter has ended.
    If I get involved, I _must_ ask myself "why".  Does some aspect of
    this folly resonate within me?  Or, is this actually an _opportunity_
    to manifest from the Higher Self?  Or both?

2)  Is this something that's being _forced_ on me?
    If yes, then I ask myself what I need to learn.
    If no, go to question one.

Oh my!  This reply smacks of righteousness itself!  Please don't judge me
too harshly...  8-)

Warm Regards,
Tim

--- On Wed, 18 Sep 1996 19:20:12 -0700 (PDT)  Mary Knapp  wrote:

>Has anyone else noticed that as a result of K your streak of righteousness
>has increased.  Mine has, and I don't like it.
>
>Yvonne Kason reports in her book, A Farther Shore, that people who have had
>STE's - spiritually transformative experiences - begin to have stronger
>ethical convictions.  This sounds great, and it is, but in actuality it also
>can lead to a lack of tolerance.  (Throwing over the money changers tables
>out side of the temple type stuff.)   I am still fairly peaceful but don't
>like this growing streak of righteousness in me.  I never liked it in others
>and now, low and behold, I seem to have it too.  I don't display it much,
>but people who used to seem garden variety nuerotic to me now seem downright
>unethical and I am often tempted to let them know that they are. Not fun.
>
>Any thoughts?  Experiences to report?  Anybody think it's just a stage we go
>through?
>
>		Mary,
>	The Reluctant Earthling

3 Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996
From: reikiATNOSPAMbbs.pennet.com
Subject: writing?

Dan,
   you mentioned about your writing becoming horrible, and your typing
speed coming down.  When i am extremely full of energy, i have trouble
reading, and writing.  i can't seem to remember how to spell, or what
letters are.  thankfully i have been learning to ride it out, and not
fight it, so this passes very quickly.  i think being judgemental or
rational slowed things down for me once or twice.  Also, this seemed to
occur when going from one power level to another.

have fun

john
reikiATNOSPAMhhs.net

4 Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996
From: reikiATNOSPAMbbs.pennet.com
Subject: Increased Righteousness

Mary,
   i too understand the ethical improvement brought about by k.  i feel
at times that the most ethical people i am around are nothing but fakes
because they are motivated by external rules, like the ten commandments,
bible, etc.   i seem to find that i internally follow those guidlines
without considering if i am allowed  to do this or not.

your right.  about being judgemental about others.  i feel that this is
something we have to work through in order to evolve.

john
reikiATNOSPAMhhs.net

5 Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996

Subject: weird words

OK folks, here's a strange one for you....

Does anyone know the significance (if there is one) of the words

TOYEZ BARECHTU?

(It sounds like toy-yez behr-ekt-too with a slightly germanic or slavic ring
to it.)

This is going to bug me for quite a while.  As always I appreciate whatever
help and information you can give.

Thanks again.

In Love and Light,

6 Date: Thu, 19 Sep 96