1 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: Jan Watson
Subject: Re: Your own personal stupid god is destroying your sense of humor.

David Sincere wrote:

> Yes, there is something wonderful in the universe, and it ain't god.
> It's called LIFE.  So get with it,...or die.
>
> dave

Hello Dave

My beliefs do not fit into your nice little categories; they are neither
athiestic nor are they the narrow, simple minded theological dogmas or
conventional ideologies you imply  is the lot of those who believe
differently.  Are you not doing what those who defended their stance had
done? You are asking some of us to deny our experiences as well. I have
refused to ask anyone to do so, why ask me?  If I genuinely respect the
right of all to hold their cosmological structures dear to their
premises, why not let me do so as well?

...and no, I will not die. I have both endured and truimphed and will
continue to do so.  I wish you the same.  Good luck

jan

2 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: circular argument

Dan & others,

>But I'm asking you how you KNOW there is no God. What
>>I'm asking is: how do you KNOW????
>
>How? how do you know there ISNT? this is a circular arguement, as you can
>see.

As long as you participate in this so-called "circular argument," you keep it
going in circles.  Lack of reaction will create a space where there is
nothing to fight or argue with; at that point it dissolves.  How important is
it to you to be "right?"  Not?  Then let it go....
-

3 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com

Dave,

>Well, I just subscribed to this list, and latley I have been getting alot
>more
>crap in the mail instead of good advice and healthy, open-minded discussion.
>I am especially disturbed by the endless theological debate over the
>existance
>of god.

After the above paragraph, you continued on - are you aware that you
participated in something that so obviously disgusted you?  That would mean
that you could turn those statements above right around and point them in
YOUR direction as well.
-
You fueled the fire, so to speak.

Love and acceptance quiets the raucous, not judgement & condemnation.

No judgement from here, Dave; just using your post as an example, to teach
people the value of love.  Thanks for helping!

-
4 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: finding K friends

Mary and others who've asked,

>I understand how you would know your husband is going through the same
>thing, but how did you find out about the friends????  I need to know.  My
>most metaphysical friends have responded by saying "oh, yeah, kundalini.
>Doesn't that have to do with sex?"
>AAaarg.

I let go of a lot of people along the way, as I was changing & growing in
ways that they weren't & could not understand.  I felt pretty alone for quite
awhile, and wanted to find some way to contact people who were in a similar
belief system as I was.  I decided to start a discussion group twice a month
in my home dealing with anything metaphysical - for comraderie, sharing,
support of each other, learning, & growth.

I made up a flyer on my computer, got it printed, and put the stack at nearby
psychic fairs.  For about a month, we got no calls of interest.  Then, one by
one they started coming.  Some come once in awhile, but there is a core group
of us that meet regularly, and we have become like another family.  We
communicate now as friends, even when we don't have "group."

I hope that is helpful in getting your imaginations going in order to attract
people to you too!

Group Hugs,  Barb
-

5 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 96
From: John Halonen
Subject: RE: Circular Argument

This is a great post.  It really strikes a chord with everything.   Lack of
reaction is how everything is changed.
-
Ego lives and creates itself everyday.
You live you die, you live, you die.  Big old circle.
Ego lives lives lives.
Stop reacting!  Ego dissolves.

Peace and love,
John

Barb Wrote:
>As long as you participate in this so-called "circular argument," you keep
it going in circles.  Lack of reaction
>will create a space where there is nothing to fight or argue with; at that
point it dissolves.  How important is it
>to you to be "right?"  Not?  Then let it go....
Sorry didn't mean to send it twice. : )

-
6 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: reikiATNOSPAMbbs.pennet.com
Subject: energy work

hi,
   i have seen a few comments and requests on information on how
different people work with energy.  So here is what i do.

   This all started for me when i started a practice in the martial arts
called rooting.  To do this you :

1.  place feet shoulder width apart
2.  bend knees until the front of the knee is above the second toe
3.  let the back straighten by gently tucking the bum under, let the s
curve fall out of the back
4.  let the head feel as though suspended from above.
5.  other things.... keep the tongue up, keep the anal muscles relaxed,
the weight on the heels, and breath in and out through the nose down
deep into the diaphram.
-

Try this without watching tv or listening to normal music.

Other things that i have found to make live nice when the energy goes
nuts include always keeping the knees bent, tongue up, hugging trees,
taking naps, especially in the middle of the afternoon, sage tea.

i would reccommend tai-chi if you can find a good instructor too.  this
and chi kung both help you learn how to direct the energy.  According to
the chinese energy is controlled by intent, and beleive me it can be
done.

thats all take care and have a nice day

john
reikiATNOSPAMhhs.net

-
7 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996

Subject: Re: Quija Boards

>At 02:17 PM 9/13/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>When and where did the Ouija boards originate?  Is it just some thing
>>somebody made up?  Is or was it just a form of divination?  How is it
>>effected by the mood or spirit or intention of the user(s)?
>>
>>Mac.
>
>I certainly don't have the answers to these questions but...
>I was always fascinated with Ouija boards but never thought they were a
>doorway to anything except the subconscious mind.  My reaction was always
>"How could Parker Brothers make something like that work?".
>
>My wife and I used to occasionally use the board and ask questions, but we
>never took it too seriously.  One day about seven years ago, my wife was out
>of town.  Being alone, I decided to put all that I had heard to the test
>about Ouija.  I was aware that some believed that using the board alone was
>dangerous, so I said a prayer to the effect of:
>
>"If this is something I shouldn't be doing then give me sign."
>
>Well a that moment the phone rang, but I discarded that as I "sign" and
>chocked it up to coincidence.  I guess I was waiting for something
>indisputable to happen.  I sat back down with the board and my doorbell
>rang.  I lived in the city in an apartment building at that time and had an
>intercom system to check who was at the door.    A woman answered saying she
>was selling Bibles.  No one had ever done that before in my neighborhood,
>nor has anyone since that time.
>
>I had my sign.
>
>I put the board away and haven't used it since.
>

>In love and light,

-

8 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: EGO

-

> there are always possibilities...

Dan you are very confused, what makes you think confusion comes from the
letting go that happens when the ego is leaving. Everytime the ego is
decreased the spirit increases so everything becomes clearer, each and
every death of self only brings on more light, understanding, and
patience with others. Something is missing here my friend, why not go
inside and ask what is guiding you. If you don't feel it is God as the
highest good that is directing your life, is it Satan as the lowest
energy getting through, causing the disturbance. There are forces of
light and darkness, if you are not letting go of self control to enter
the light, what is taking over? Just something to consider. If you have
a very severe reaction to this, I suggest you take a look at what that
energy is? This is not important that anyone else knows what is
happening with you, just for yourself. Gloria

-
9 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: NannuATNOSPAMsanctum.com
Subject: Waiting, ..patiently................

>when i ask it when the arising will
>occur, it says simply "soon". its not much of a conversationalist. :)

 > i have the strangest desire, to get in my car with a full tank of gas, and
> just... just... drive... just go, until i'm somewhere, or nowhere. just go.
> and there i will find what i'm looking for, because the soul has guided me.
> either that, or i'd be completely lost... :)

Yes, ...it^s waiting patiently for that moment of... ^surrender^
=8D=8D=8D=8D=8D

> i think this is
>not happening because of the part of me that is still afraid. fear is a
>powerful enemy at times.

Now there is one hell of an understatement!!!
=8D=8D=8D=8D=8D

[euuuuww, found a new toy, ...the signature file!]
....CHILDREN of the UNIVERSE....

10 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)

>Mary and others who've asked,
>
>>I understand how you would know your husband is going through the same
>>thing, but how did you find out about the friends????  I need to know.  My
>>most metaphysical friends have responded by saying "oh, yeah, kundalini.
>>Doesn't that have to do with sex?"
>>AAaarg.
>
>I let go of a lot of people along the way, as I was changing & growing in
>ways that they weren't & could not understand.  I felt pretty alone for quite
>awhile, and wanted to find some way to contact people who were in a similar
>belief system as I was.  I decided to start a discussion group twice a month
>in my home dealing with anything metaphysical - for comraderie, sharing,
>support of each other, learning, & growth.
>
>I made up a flyer on my computer, got it printed, and put the stack at nearby
>psychic fairs.  For about a month, we got no calls of interest.  Then, one by
>one they started coming.  Some come once in awhile, but there is a core group
>of us that meet regularly, and we have become like another family.  We
>communicate now as friends, even when we don't have "group."
>
>I hope that is helpful in getting your imaginations going in order to attract
>people to you too!
>
>Group Hugs,  Barb

putting feelers out into the universe seems to work for me. "ask and you
shall recieve."
-
lia

11 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: left side pain

i remember reading something on the web page about pain on the left side of
the body being very common in kundalini awakenings.

last week, my left ribs started aching and yesterday the left side of my
low back started to really hurt. last night i felt like there was this line
drawn through my body, separating left from right side and the left side
was full of moving energy and ached and ached and ached. i tried reikiing
myself but couldn't leave my hands on my body for some reason. i finally
fell asleep and today my tailbone on the left side hurts even more.

has anyone else experienced this or know if i can do something to alleviate
the aching pain or do i just have to live through it until it leaves?

thanks

lia

12 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: liaATNOSPAMquadrant.net (lia pas)
Subject: Re: energy work

>hi,
>   i have seen a few comments and requests on information on how
>different people work with energy.  So here is what i do.
>
>   This all started for me when i started a practice in the martial arts
>called rooting.  To do this you :
>
>1.  place feet shoulder width apart
>2.  bend knees until the front of the knee is above the second toe
>3.  let the back straighten by gently tucking the bum under, let the s
>curve fall out of the back
>4.  let the head feel as though suspended from above.
>5.  other things.... keep the tongue up, keep the anal muscles relaxed,
>the weight on the heels, and breath in and out through the nose down
>deep into the diaphram.
>

>Try this without watching tv or listening to normal music.
>
>Other things that i have found to make live nice when the energy goes
>nuts include always keeping the knees bent, tongue up, hugging trees,
>taking naps, especially in the middle of the afternoon, sage tea.
>
>i would reccommend tai-chi if you can find a good instructor too.  this
>and chi kung both help you learn how to direct the energy.  According to
>the chinese energy is controlled by intent, and beleive me it can be
>done.
>
>thats all take care and have a nice day
>
>john
>reikiATNOSPAMhhs.net

these are all good suggestions. one thing to watch for though:

chi kung and yoga (including yogic meditations) use totally differentenergy
meridians or nadis. if you mix the 2 they can clash. i learnt this at a chi
kung workshop AFTER  the workshop. I've done yoga for about 6 or 7 years
and my energy got so screwed up by the chi kung i was sick for 3 days. the
teacher looked very worried when i told him i did yoga and said i may feel
a bit off. but 3 days!!

so if you do yoga, don't do chi kung unless you mean to stick with it. my
father switched from one to the other fairly easily, but he hadn't done
yoga seiously for a few years.

hope this helps.

lia

13 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger

At 08:14 AM 9/16/96 -0400, you wrote:
>As long as you participate in this so-called "circular argument," you keep it
>going in circles.  Lack of reaction will create a space where there is
>nothing to fight or argue with; at that point it dissolves.  How important is
>it to you to be "right?"  Not?  Then let it go....

that was my whole point! sheesh. can we end this silliness now? :)
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

-
14 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: Waiting, ..patiently................

At 12:13 PM 9/16/96 +0000, you wrote:

>Yes, ...it^s waiting patiently for that moment of... ^surrender^

waiting for it? I've been trying to force it.  hasn't been working
very well. I've done everything I can think of. relaxing, meditating, even
doing some asanas, breathing, you name it. so far, nothing has had much
effect on the overall process. I'm kind of glad that my "full-tilt" approach
hasn't caused me any trouble.

There's some literature about increasing the process, and i even tried
those. I wondered what would happen if you really pushed it, well maybe I'll
pay for this soon, I dont know. I know I have to be REALLY careful though.

>> i think this is
>>not happening because of the part of me that is still afraid. fear is a
>>powerful enemy at times.
>
>Now there is one hell of an understatement!!!

hehe... yes, but fear exists to be conquered.
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

-
15 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: religous posts

All current and future religious based posts will be ignored by me (trashed
without reading).

I think this list has tolerated enough of these topics, and we need to
change direction.
-
So lets get back to helping people out.
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

16 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 96
From: Richard Satin
Subject: Fwd: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center
-
------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

From: Jonathan Back            \ CompuServe:  (106260,2045)
Subject: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

Dear All,
        I had what I think was a kundalini experience (perhaps others can
        advise me)about 5 years ago. It was sort of by accident. I say sort of
        because it followed my first foray into the occult (a la Llewellyn
        practical guide). I was in an Indian restaurant with a group of other
        people celebrating someone's birthday following my experiments when I
        suddenly became transfixed by the mirror in front of me. It was
        engraved with Indian deities, about whom I had no knowledge. My mouth
        fell open and for maybe ten seconds I was overpowered by their beauty.
        The room seemed to spin. It really was a very special experience which
        words cannot do justice to. Later that night I was brushing my teeth in
        front of a mirror in preparation for bed. I started to stare at the
        reflection of my eyes. After a while I guess I went into a trance. It
        started off quite pleasantly. Then I started to have these ideas float
        into my mind unbidden. One concerned my mortality. Not that I was going
        to die the next day, but that like all humans I was mortal. Then I
        started to get vibrations, mainly in the head region. I also felt
        rooted to the spot. The vibrations were very intense, as if someone had
        connected my head to the mains. At this point I realized I had to break
        my gaze or I would be there all night. I did so. Initially nothing
        happened. Then I had this awful feeling of panic. I cursed my
        involvment in the occult and started to try and burn the book I had
        been reading that evening. I even thought about ringing my parents (Hey
        Dad, I'm having a mad kundalini experience! Come and bail me
        out.)Before I could burn the book the feeling of panic subsided and I
        decided to lie down. As I was lying in bed I got a sensation like pins
        and needles all over my body which lasted for maybe ten minutes. Anyway,
        that's my tale. I didn't have a clue at the time what had happened. I
        later read about the buzzing sensation in OOBE literature and thought
        maybe I was on the verge of one of those, but that didn't explain the
        experience in the restaurant. I once mentioned the experience to the
        head of an English magical order, and his explanation was that I had
        faced my shadow. This begged more questions than it answered, however.
        Any comments appreciated.
-
                         Jonathan Back

------- FORWARD, End of original message -------

Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.
Desiderius Erasmus
-

17 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 96
From: Richard Satin
Subject: ADMIN:  Suggestion for the list

Dear List Members,

The volume of mail generated by the list has been a subject of concern to
many of you.
Please take a moment to look over the following suggestion:

----------( excerpt follows )-----------------------------

Dear Richard,

Hi again. I just read the new subscriber part and thought it was excellent.

It made me confront the fact that I feel that some people are monopolozing
the list.

I don't want to judge it but I can't help but notice the effect of crowding
out a lot of other people and their points of views. Frankly, it is this
monopoly that makes this site become tedious.

I thank you as always for your stand on free speech. Still, I wonder, is it
ever appropriate to ask people to limit their shares to once a day or
whatever as a policy that is meant to encourage all sorts of people to
participate (sort of like affirmative action?)...
-
Just wondering.....and thinking that a policy like this might cut down on
traffic and the unecessary type of chat considerably.

Not to say that these individuals haven't contributed...it's more a quesiton
of what makes this line a success and one that continually stays fresh? To
achieve this, I think that broad partipation is the key, and that such a
policy might promote this effortlessly.

----------( end excerpt )-----------------------------
-
Let me know if you have any thoughts one way or another.

Very truly yours,
Richard

Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.
Desiderius Erasmus

-

18 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: left side pain

lia pas wrote:

> i remember reading something on the web page about pain on the left side of
> the body being very common in kundalini awakenings.
>
> last week, my left ribs started aching and yesterday the left side of my
> low back started to really hurt. last night i felt like there was this line
> drawn through my body, separating left from right side and the left side
> was full of moving energy and ached and ached and ached. i tried reikiing
> myself but couldn't leave my hands on my body for some reason. i finally
> fell asleep and today my tailbone on the left side hurts even more.
>
> has anyone else experienced this or know if i can do something to alleviate
> the aching pain or do i just have to live through it until it leaves?
>
> thanks
>
> lia

Lia,
Hi, can you move the energy around in the brain, if you are detached
enough from the body you can observe the connections in the brain,
follow it to the area of static energy and let the Holy Spirit take care
of it. I have been trained by spirit to do this with whatever comes up
in my body, it is generally instant, but it does take training from
within. Know this, it is possible and then ask within to be shown how it
works, don't think about it, follow the line of energy and intutition
will take you right to it.Gloria