1 Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: Pessimism, no hope, perhaps dying

SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com wrote:

> [...]
> >belief of a higher power can a guy have?
> >
> >>Dan, this is not a flame, I truly care what happens to you.  You have a
> >>tiger by the tail right now and it's about to turn around and eat you.
> > You
> >>had the option (and perhaps still do) to slow the rise of the 'k'--this is
> >>very well documented in the literature.
> >
> >tygger wouldn't hurt anybody. (that's a joke). slow rise the 'k'?
> >hahahahahaha (rofl), sorry, but my k has risen all the way, i'm going
> >through nightly transformations and integrations, etc. and, there aint no
> >way in heck i'm gonna slow down. people tell me to ground myself, but i
> > look
> >at what grounding means (closing the chakras, etc). that would give me an
> >instant heart-attack (physical). I know, its what my heart and soul tell
> > me.
> >I'm accelerating, sure i could slow down, but i dont have time.
> >
> >>There's an old army saying, "there are no atheists in the foxholes".
> > Well,
> >>the Universe just dropped a 1000lb bomb on you to get you to admit it to
> >>yourself.
> >
> >actually thats wrong too. the saying is "theres no such thing as friendly
> >fire", grin. who me? well i have no problem with higher powers. i DO have a
> >problem with the "god complex" as I call it, and I have a problem with the
> >heaven/utopia complex as well. but i'm a scientific kinda guy.
> >
> >how does spiritual and such fit in, and how do i believe in it, if god is
> >nonexistant? i dont NEED a god. i have NO use for such a figure. i do not
> >NEED that faith or hope. at times i see it as almost a crutch, like alcohol
> >(sorry, not a flame). but to me, i've had "the council" (not my guides)
> >around my whole life, theres my spiritual mother "fate", and the rest of
> > the
> >council. and i've found my guides a year ago almost. so is there a conflict
> >here? i dont think so.
> >the universe was not created by ONE being, it was created by a few. my
> >universe was created by 5 or 6, actually. and i only know one of them,
> > mom. :)
> >
> >these are my beliefs, and i do not force them down peoples throats, for
> > that
> >would truly be ego. no, i will not "pick on" someone who believes in god,
> > or
> >one who thinks it is necessary or required, and i will not think less of
> >them or find fault, or think it is incorrect or bad. that is their beliefs,
> >and their right. i see no ego loaded into my perspective. and its something
> >i've been careful to make sure of.
> >
> >>Please take care, Dan.  I wish you the best...  -Tim
> >
> >thanks. please try not to take all this too harshly, its not meant as a
> >flame. and i hope you can realize that trying to change someones viewpoint
> >is loaded with ego, regardless of which is correct or incorrect, in fact,
> >those labels in themselves are ego, if you think about it.

-
DAN,
Can I ask you one simple question? What is creation? What is
life/universe/ breath/ movement/ spirit? If you do not wish to refer to
any of these aspect of higher frequencies as God, what is it and where
did you come from? Is there no first cause? If there was no first cause,
what is light? Gloria

-
2 Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: Ego Challenges

Mary Knapp wrote:

> Dan, you said:
>
> >I think it's time for quiet and reflection.
>
> It certainly seems worth a try.
>
> Mary
>                 Mary,
>         The Reluctant Earthling

I think Dan has really brought up a topic that needs detachment to allow
the fresh vibrations of the Holy Spirit to lift it. Let's let the
energies flow through it and transform. Light and love, patience,
understanding, and alignment with God's purpose is really all that is
necessary at this point, let the illusion be seen. Gloria

3 Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996
From: lodpressATNOSPAMinetworld.com (Larry Newman)
Subject: Re: finding K friends

Mary Knapp wrote:

> >It helps that my husband and 3 other people that are friends of ours are
> >experiencing the same types of things with the same timing.  We compare
> >notes, and find out we must not be nuts, because there are similarities to
> >all of our experiences (much like this list).  At least, if we get hauled off
> >to the asylum, we get hauled off together!! (-:
> >

> Dear Barb,
>
> I understand how you would know your husband is going through the same
> thing, but how did you find out about the friends????  I need to know.  My
> most metaphysical friends have responded by saying "oh, yeah, kundalini.
> Doesn't that have to do with sex?"
> AAaarg.
> Then an aquaintance will mention a deep itching and I want to find kinship
> and shared symptoms but hesitate.  I might say to someone who mentions some
> few symptoms "Has your head changed shape?"  and they look at me like I have
> 2 of them.  So, I give up.  A personal ad in a local newspaper might be my
> next tactic to find kundalini locals.   Hence my question.
>                 Mary,

To all with an interest:
I suggest that people don't try to explain kundalini to those who aren't
aware of it. It is just not good casual conversation because it is a
mystical experience that can't not be understood with the mind.That is
my way with this, when someone really comes to me with an experience and
asks for help, then it is different. It comes from another place inside,
not curiositiy. Truth will always set one free when it is the time.
Gloria
>         The Reluctant Earthling

4 Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger

At 05:56 PM 9/14/96, you wrote:
>Whoah!!!
->
>There is quite a lot of agressivity in this post! Seems to me you're trying
>hard to deny there can be a God. I think that's why you feel attacked when
>someone ask you to consider the possibility.  How can you KNOW there is no
>God? Please, this is not a flame, I really would like to know how you know.
>
>By someone who just went through a low but who's keeping her head above water
>right now...

and to paraphrase you:
-
WHOAH!!! Please PLEASE don't quote so much. I mean CRIPES that was a long
quotation! eep! :)

agressitivy... no no. you probably misinterpreted most of that. i mean, look
at the mess of quotations you've got there. even i had a hard time
remembering which (small) parts were mine and what belonged to others.
whew... that was a lot of work. I considered the possibility briefly, long
long long ago, i mean cripes my family lived on the grounds of the vatican
for over a decade! why dont you consider that such a thing does NOT exist?
-
anyhow, let's not get into that silly discussion about:

Q: "How do you KNOW there is NOT a God?"
A: "How do you KNOW there IS a God?"

ad infinitum. thats a real flame conversation in the works, so lets skip it
ok. besides, its non-sequitor. you can no more PROVE something like that
exists than you can PROVE that it does NOT exist. its like saying PROVE that
the lockness monster, the easter bunny, santa claus, lepricons, unicorns,
aliens, or who created the crop circles, etc do NOT exist. you cant. its
impossible.

you cant even prove that "pigs cant fly". sure they can, put them on a plane
(or how about an ultralight?)! :)

no no. its safer to say: "let's not and say we did".
I can end this discussion REAL quick:

Factual points:
1. there are people in the world that believe "god" (or godS (plural!)) exist
2. for these people "god" (or godS (plural!)) exist, for real
3. there are people in the world who dont believe in the above at all
4. for these people such things dont exist and are not real
5. no person has the right to dictate to another what their beliefs should be
6. these facts are impossible to disprove or refute. and they are all true.

Please don't go trying to ram your beliefs down my throat, I really dislike
that a lot. And I also do not want to be menuevered into a position where it
seems like I am trying to coerce someone else into my "beliefs".
-
Again, no one has the right to force their beliefs on another. if you are in
the teetering position of not being able to decide, you must choose your own
path. ah, heck, dont worry about it, if you cant decide for sure, stay on
the fence, why choose? you dont have to you know. :)

as for my personal beliefs, as to creation et al. a) thats would take way
too long to explain, and b) its not really anybodies business except my own.

when the time is right perhaps i will explain in greater detail, but for
now, this list has better things to do.
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

5 Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: EGO

At 11:33 AM 9/15/96 -0700, you wrote:
>           Dear Dan, if you ego died, where would your will to servive come
>from? Do you have any possesions? A car, bike, tv, couch, ect....
>And can you live your life without them? Could you leave them now Dan, rightnow
>and never look back again. Could you for the rest of you meager existance
>live in the service of the poor? Could you or any one else on this list truly
>do this now? Is this want you want Dan, anyone? And what about this PC we
>finger away on? We need it to exist? Or could the money have been used to help
>the hungery? I am selfish, My ego gives you this advice( my mouth opens to
>speak so I can hear myself preach).
-
preach is what it sounds like, sorry thats not meant as a flame, but i dont
see what ego has to do with any of what you mention. as for leaving
everything behind, yes i could. i've done it before. its not an easy life.
but i wasnt spiritual then. i didnt have the drive i do now, to just go off,
into nowhere, and find "my purpose".

i have the strangest desire, to get in my car with a full tank of gas, and
just... just... drive... just go, until i'm somewhere, or nowhere. just go.
and there i will find what i'm looking for, because the soul has guided me.
either that, or i'd be completely lost... :)
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

6 Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger

At 04:31 PM 9/15/96 +0000, you wrote:
>^Death of the ego^ is really a bad terminology. It implies death, which is
>not the case at all.

yes, but when it began, it felt the same.

>The only thing that changes is ^HOW^ you perceive the outer world.

this has already happened. and quite profoundly i might add.

>     The sole purpose of Kundalini is to unite the male and female
>aspects of our being. The culmination of this 'union', which is as much
>physical as it is mental, results in the birth of a new being, which is now
>correctly balanced, whole and complete, and sees the world from a
>new perspective. Thus one becomes 'enlightened' as to one's true
>nature. 'Awakened', if you will to the bigger picture.

interesting. i know the parts that are veiled are sort of slumbering in a
sense. awakening is a good term. i look forward to it. i wish it'd get
overwith. :)
-
>In order for this process to take place, all other avenues of possibilities
>must first be exhausted. One must come to the end of his rope, so to
>speak, wherein there is nothing to grab onto. Nothing left to believe in, all
>concepts depleted, ...the ground falls away from beneath ones feet. It is at
>this point that the ^inner being^ makes itself known, for it is only at this
>point of ^total surrender^ that it has the opportunity!

ah the word surrender again. i dont see how i can come to the end of my
rope, "there are always possibilities..." :) my inner being has made itself
quite known at times, "that voice", and the truth in the words it speaks. i
know not where the words come from, or how, or where that inner being really
is, or how to talk to it. it just is. when i ask it when the arising will
occur, it says simply "soon". its not much of a conversationalist. :)

>Only through the ^experience^ of this phenomena, will you be able to fully
>grasp what I=B9m saying here. It feels like your waking up from a sleep that
>you never even knew you were in. Hence, the term ^Awakening^.  Another
>interesting aspect to this, is that as you ^wake up^, you remember who
>...^you really are^...!
-
ooh this i look forward to, if i can pronounce my real name. these days i
feel like i could sleep a million years, and still be tired. i think this is
not happening because of the part of me that is still afraid. fear is a
powerful enemy at times.

> There is no way that I, or anyone else for that matter, can put it to you in
>such a way that you will ^know^ with certainty what it is that I am
>expressing, for as I keep saying, ..only through experience, can one know...
>And that^s the name O^ that tune!
-
thats an understatement. its like trying to describe what the kundalini
feels like. its different for everyone and very stocastic in nature.
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

7 Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996
From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

Sorry, I have to laugh for a moment. I'm not saying per se that there IS a
God. But I'm asking you how you KNOW there is no God. You're putting words in
my mouth when you say I'm trying to force my beliefs down your throat. What
I'm asking is: how do you KNOW????

What I'm saying here is that none of us knows if we're going backward of
forward, so if you wanna be sure, take a number and wait in line...

-
Love to all.

8 Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger

At 11:09 PM 9/15/96, you wrote:
>Sorry, I have to laugh for a moment. I'm not saying per se that there IS a
>God. But I'm asking you how you KNOW there is no God. What
>I'm asking is: how do you KNOW????

How? how do you know there ISNT? this is a circular arguement, as you can see.
me well, as I said, my personal beliefs are my business, no one elses. it
doesnt really make a difference, does it? why, are you trying to make a
choice about this? i really dont understand why you are asking.

if you really need to know, explain your reasons, perhaps in email, and
we'll discuss it, perhaps.

>What I'm saying here is that none of us knows if we're going backward of
>forward, so if you wanna be sure, take a number and wait in line...

i dunno about you but, i'm going forward... :)
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

9 Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996
From: ori^
Subject: Process/Event ; Paradigm shift

Dan,
you keep saying things like:
-
> awakening is a good term. i look forward to it. i wish it'd get
> overwith. :)

>From the above and other statements you have made about the death
(of the ego) it seems as if you are perceiving kundalini and/or
spiritual awakening (or ego death) to be an event which takes place
at 3:27 a.m. Sept. 16, 1996 (or some such specific date and time).

What if...
-
Consider this possibility...

What if... the *event* has already passed... and you are now awake
and raised from the dead as it were...

What if life is a process which is ongoing and everlasting?

What if *this* is life?

I never knew process before... it was only after an initial awakening
that I began to see how static my life had been previously.  I somehow
had developed the mistaken idea that when I *reached* enlightenment,
all would change.  I would die to this world, and live happily ever
after.

Somewhere along the line my understanding has shifted.
It seems to have something to do with the ability to enter
consciously into the eternal Now... I am still finding words for
this new perception...
at times I talk of bilocation and shapeshifting...
being and becoming, event and process...
I think it is not one or the other, but it is a shift to a place
which can contain both of the opposites.  This fits in with the
rising of kundalini as being the uniting of the opposites, and yet
that unification must be contained within something... and that
something (I think) is our individual lives.

My current understanding is not so much that spiritual awakening is
a one-time event which happens and then is over.  For me it has been
more akin to waking up into a life that I had only dreamed of and
finding that I now can have choices to do and be and create what
kindof life I might want...

Including the ability to be in charge of how quickly or slowly this
process carries me along with it.

For me death of the ego is more akin to the awakening of choice.
It is not so much that the ego disappears...  for me it seems more
that I now have a choice to sometimes speak from ego and sometimes
speak from a different place than ego.

It is like a paradigm shift... an expansion... and when that shift
occurs it does not mean that what existed before dies or is no more.
It still exists, just as a *part* of what is, rather than as the
whole.  To the ego, it can seem like death... because it cannot
begin to comprehend that there might be more than ego.

A wonderfully, marvelous, intensely mysterious process this life
of ours...
-
ori^

******************
*   ori^         *
* oriATNOSPAMeskimo.com *
******************

-

10 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: Process/Event ; Paradigm shift

At 08:51 PM 9/15/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>From the above and other statements you have made about the death
>(of the ego) it seems as if you are perceiving kundalini and/or
>spiritual awakening (or ego death) to be an event which takes place
>at 3:27 a.m. Sept. 16, 1996 (or some such specific date and time).

death of the ego perhaps. my k "started" about 10 weeks ago. the "movement"
was felt about 8 weeks ago.

>What if...
>
>Consider this possibility...
>
>What if... the *event* has already passed... and you are now awake
>and raised from the dead as it were...

I dont think so. i am not fully aware of my true self as yet, i do not have
access to the memories which i know are blocked (because I have little bits
of them coming back to me), etc etc. i could go on...

>What if life is a process which is ongoing and everlasting?
>
>What if *this* is life?

i dont think so. although kundalini is for the rest of your life. a
never-ending process during life.

>I never knew process before... it was only after an initial awakening
>that I began to see how static my life had been previously.  I somehow
>had developed the mistaken idea that when I *reached* enlightenment,
>all would change.  I would die to this world, and live happily ever
>after.

everything is changing on a daily basis for me. but i can see what you mean
that my life has been "static" before too long ago. even some parts still are.

>Somewhere along the line my understanding has shifted.
>It seems to have something to do with the ability to enter
>consciously into the eternal Now... I am still finding words for
>this new perception...
>at times I talk of bilocation and shapeshifting...
>being and becoming, event and process...
>I think it is not one or the other, but it is a shift to a place
>which can contain both of the opposites.  This fits in with the
>rising of kundalini as being the uniting of the opposites, and yet
>that unification must be contained within something... and that
>something (I think) is our individual lives.

see? your perception HAS changed...

>For me death of the ego is more akin to the awakening of choice.
>It is not so much that the ego disappears...  for me it seems more
>that I now have a choice to sometimes speak from ego and sometimes
>speak from a different place than ego.
->
>It is like a paradigm shift... an expansion... and when that shift
>occurs it does not mean that what existed before dies or is no more.
>It still exists, just as a *part* of what is, rather than as the
>whole.  To the ego, it can seem like death... because it cannot
>begin to comprehend that there might be more than ego.

yep thats why i thought it was physical death. feels much the same.

i think it is really an awakening, an emergence, a transformation, an
integration. wheres my thesaurus, i need another word. :)
Dan.
There are always possibilities...

11 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 96
From: netzachATNOSPAMidirect.com
Subject: Re: kundalini-l-d Digest V96 #32

-      THE CORE STAR LEVEL:
THE LEVEL OF YOUR DEVINE ECCENCE-
THE SOURCE OF YOUR CREATIVE ENERGY

the core star level is a quantum leap deeper into who we are than the
haric level and is related to our devine essence. using HPS, on the level
of the core star, everyone looks like a beautiful star. each star is
different. each star is the eternal source of life within. in this inner
place, we are the center of the universe. here is localized the devine
individuality within each of us. it is located one and a half inches above
the navel on the center line of the body. when one open's ones vision on
the core star level and looks at a group of people, each looks like a
beautiful star that radiates out infinitely yet permeates all the other
stars. our core is the essental nature of our being and is completely
unique to each individual. it has been there within each of us since
before the beginning of time. indeed, it is beyond the limitations of
time, space, and belief. it is the individual aspect of the devive. from
this place within each of us, we live and have our being. we recognize ti
easily as that which we have always known ourselve since birth. in this
place we are wise, loving, and full of courage. this inner essence has not
changed within time . no negative experiences have ever really tainted it.
yes, our actions to negative experiences may have covered it, or shrouded
it, but they really never changed it . it our most basic nature. it is the
deeper goodness within each of us. it is who we really are. it is from
this place within that all our creative energies arise. it is the eternal
fountainhead within each of us from wwhich all our creations come.

--
netzachATNOSPAMidirect.com

12 Date: Mon, 16 Sep 96
From: "David Sincere"
Subject: Your own personal stupid god is destroying your sense of humor.

Well, I just subscribed to this list, and latley I have been getting alot more
crap in the mail instead of good advice and healthy, open-minded discussion.
I am especially disturbed by the endless theological debate over the existance
of god.
If god was singular or plural or nothing or everything, do you think that is
going to change anything?  No.
The myth of god is a leftover image from the Christian days of  illusion and
paranoid speculation.
God is as dead as fried-chicken.
Supporting the fantasy of a god seperate from reality is an unhealthy,
hypocritical, egotistical, extension of a closed mind desperately trying to
cope with the fact that this universe wasn't invented for humans to be happy
in and play on their Internet.

But, that's not to say there isn't something wonderful going on.

Yes, there is something wonderful in the universe, and it ain't god.
It's called LIFE.  So get with it,...or die.

dave