1 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: Jan Watson
Subject: Re: EGO

Hi

EGO is a psychological term impregnated with the connotations of the
particular school of phychology that uses it.  It is not an objective
term at all.  Robert Ornstein, in his book, THE PSYCHOLOGY OF
CONSCIOUSNESS, sidesteps this problem by looking at the process of
gaining awareness from an esoteric stance rather than from a
reductionist, psychological position.  Well worth reading.  How can
something "die" if it is a construct of a psychologist.  For that matter,
when was it born?

Perhaps it may be a little more helpful to consider that most people,
when they worry about the death of ego are really afraid of some form of
awareness.  In fact, this does not happen as a result of growth.

Gook luck!

jan

2 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: Jan Watson

Hi

 EGO is a psychological term impregnated with the connotations of the
 particular school of phychology that uses it.  It is not an objective
 term at all.  Robert Ornstein, in his book, THE PSYCHOLOGY OF
 CONSCIOUSNESS, sidesteps this problem by looking at the process of
 gaining awareness from an esoteric stance rather than from a
- reductionist, psychological position.  Well worth reading.  How can
 something "die" if it is a construct of a psychologist.

 Perhaps it may be a little more helpful to consider that most people,
 when they worry about the death of ego are really afraid of some form of
 awareness.  In fact, this does not happen as a result of growth.

 Gook luck!

 jan
-

3 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Emergence of a higher self

Dannyboy,

>Only ego thinks the children are annoying.  When the ego is transformed (I
>prefer that term rather than death, because nothing EVER dies, the energy
>or
>consciousness just changes to a higher vibration), the children will be
>just
>children, not annoying children.

>>Dan replies:  wrong. children are annoying. i cant stand the brats.

I still stand by my above statement.  I have been "in process" for a few
years now, especially the last 2 months or so, and I've noticed that as
judgement transforms to love and acceptance, what I once COULD NOT tolerate,
I can look at with a smile now.  I know that you cannot understand that right
now as it has not been your experience YET; but I promise you, it's coming to
you too!  And you'll finally go, "Oh!  That's what everybody's been trying to
tell me - I get it now!"  Soon....(:

>>really? hmmm mines supposed to be somewhere around the 27th, but i hope its
>sooner. that way i can have that happen, and on the 27th see Dr. Kason, who
>can clean up the mess.

I don't feel like their will be a mess then, because you're going through
"the mess" NOW in order to reach the next plateau.

>Last night, I felt like I was falling apart.  I saw myself in my mind's eye
>as actually splitting apart.  So I just layed there in bed & trembled in
>fear
>and hugged my teddy bear!  I feel fine this morning.  I've found myself
>going
>through a lot of fear within the past week and a half.  It feels tumultuous
>(big time!) at the time, but after letting it flow through & loving myself
>in
>the process, I come back to feeling "normal" again.

>>Dan responds:  that sounds like a nervous breakdown to me. oh well, we'll
see i guess.

I have never heard of a nervous breakdown that lasts an hour or less!  It
feels more like the fear one might experience before performing before a huge
audience -  "I want my mommy!"  An actual nervous breakdown is when fears,
phobias, worries, etc. AREN'T allowed to flow through, but stuffed in to damn
up & eventually break.  That takes a tremendous toll on the body & it takes
awhile to recover, and also to learn how "not to stuff emotions" anymore.
 I'm certainly not going through that!

>>so are you like me, impatient, and just want it overwith, or is it moving
>too fast for you?

At times, I just wanted the "world" to stop, so I could get off to rest
awhile.  Right now though, I'm not too impatient because I don't want to be
thrown into the water without knowing how to swim.  What I'm going through
right now is preparing me for a major breakthrough, and knowing that it is so
close now, I am settling down, and just "experiencing."  I will admit that
the clock seems to tick very slowly at times, but only because I'm excited
about this new world I am, and am going to experience.

It helps that my husband and 3 other people that are friends of ours are
experiencing the same types of things with the same timing.  We compare
notes, and find out we must not be nuts, because there are similarities to
all of our experiences (much like this list).  At least, if we get hauled off
to the asylum, we get hauled off together!! (-:
-
I love you, man!  Barb

4 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: NannuATNOSPAMsanctum.com
Subject: Re: Re: Ego

> Pardon my possible ignorance, but what does all this have to do with my
> question? you talk about kundalini and balance, etc etc etc at length, =
but
> this seems to have little or nothing to do with what I asked. I'm confu=
sed.
> have you had your ego die, is this what you're trying to say? i have no=
 idea.
> Dan.
> there are always possibilities...

...I think I'll have a cup of coffee...

5 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: Ego Challenges

At 08:56 PM 9/14/96 GMT, you wrote:
>Dan,
>     I am, like others here, trying to understand why you think this is
>a sudden event.  Can you describe more what is going on with you...what
>makes you think that?

I've outlined that in this thread, but I'll give you a short synopsis.
Basically, at the beginning of the month a voice within me (THE voice),
stated "It is time", meaning, as I thought, that it was my time, you know,
death, i mean, it had all the feeling of such a meaning, and i had just a
month earlier predicted the death of a friend (premonition) which was the
same feeling.
-
So I basically flipped out for a while (wouldnt you?). Here I was thinking
it was my impending death, which in a way it is, but, different. Death of
the ego, not the physical. emergence of the self, er, actually, the spirit.

>     I have been through "nervous breakdowns" that turned out to be
>spiritual emergencies in reality. But even these seemingly climactic
>events were actually gradual changes, although that was hard to see at
>the time. Spiritual emergencies, the feeling of loss of Self, can
>manifest as symptoms of mental illness and if you don't get the right
>help, they can really screw up your head.

nope not mental problems. i know that, what with the k and all that have
started within me two months ago (two months ago was my k). anyhow, i dont
think they are VERY gradual. depends what you mean. you see, I have had
NIGHTLY transformative process, relatively like the k, yes, every single
night. and during the day, i have one or two minor ones, every day. kriyas
are a natural occurance (constantly) and sometimes they get really bad.
spiritual emergence process is ongoing day and night now too.

In fact I've been so BORED with it the last week I've been PUSHING it to get
moving, doing everything I can to move it along. Maybe not a good idea, but
nothing I've done has much effect. I think it's time for quiet and reflection.

I have to say i've only had one spiritual emergency. that was my k, because
i didnt know what it was. if i had known, i probably would have handled it
differently.

I've had three nervous breakdowns, only one of which was during a period of
time I was doing spiritual work. It didnt seem to be related. I'm sure if I
thought about it, the whole mess would tie together nicely. :)

>     What's this about the 27th? Please explain.

the 27th is the date of my next appointment with Dr. Kason. I'm just using
it to my full advantage. in other words, if this ego death occurs soon,
which I'm rather sure of, I'd like it to happen on the night of the 26th, if
you see what I mean.  my this is wonderous, that i can laugh at my
own impending doom
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

6 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger

At 07:43 PM 9/14/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi
>
> Perhaps it may be a little more helpful to consider that most people,
> when they worry about the death of ego are really afraid of some form of
> awareness.  In fact, this does not happen as a result of growth.

Jan, what do you mean: "this does NOT happen as a result of growth" ?
I dont understand that statement, it seems to be contradictory to the
previous statement.

and you're probably right. being afraid of the awareness I mean.
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

7 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: Emergence of a higher self

At 08:00 PM 9/14/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Dannyboy,

don't ever call me that. I've killed for less. :)

>I still stand by my above statement.  I have been "in process" for a few
>years now, especially the last 2 months or so, and I've noticed that as
>judgement transforms to love and acceptance, what I once COULD NOT tolerate,
>I can look at with a smile now.  I know that you cannot understand that right
>now as it has not been your experience YET; but I promise you, it's coming to
>you too!  And you'll finally go, "Oh!  That's what everybody's been trying to
>tell me - I get it now!"  Soon....(:

maybe, but i doubt it. the camp counsellor thing will just keep coming back
to haunt me.  as for that statement. yeah, got a vision of a boy scout
knocking on an old wooden door of a house, door has a wreath with a red
ribbonish thing. i have no idea what this means. might be, the nervous, but
adventurous soul, coming to a warm and comfortable place. too bad i never
got to see if anybody answered. :)

>I don't feel like their will be a mess then, because you're going through
>"the mess" NOW in order to reach the next plateau.

oh. well then, in that case, what am i so worried about? this is nothing.
 Ive had worse...

>>>Dan responds:  that sounds like a nervous breakdown to me. oh well, we'll
>see i guess.
>
>I have never heard of a nervous breakdown that lasts an hour or less!  It
>feels more like the fear one might experience before performing before a huge
>audience -  "I want my mommy!"  An actual nervous breakdown is when fears,
>phobias, worries, etc. AREN'T allowed to flow through, but stuffed in to damn
>up & eventually break.  That takes a tremendous toll on the body & it takes
>awhile to recover, and also to learn how "not to stuff emotions" anymore.
> I'm certainly not going through that!

all of my nervous breakdowns (3 I think) were under one hour, maybe under 30
minutes. maybe only 15. the biggy was 2-4 hours. i'm starting to realize
that these may not have been nervous breakdowns at all, but very early
stages of k, even though i was not into spiritual at all (I had gotten out
of it for over 10 years).

>At times, I just wanted the "world" to stop, so I could get off to rest
>awhile.  Right now though, I'm not too impatient because I don't want to be
>thrown into the water without knowing how to swim.  What I'm going through
>right now is preparing me for a major breakthrough, and knowing that it is so
>close now, I am settling down, and just "experiencing."  I will admit that
>the clock seems to tick very slowly at times, but only because I'm excited
>about this new world I am, and am going to experience.

reminds me of one statement recently i made: stop the world, i think i'm
going to lose my lunch.  but i've been pushing myself, doing whatever
i can to get the process going faster. i guess you are right about the
excitement factor

>It helps that my husband and 3 other people that are friends of ours are
>experiencing the same types of things with the same timing.  We compare
>notes, and find out we must not be nuts, because there are similarities to
>all of our experiences (much like this list).  At least, if we get hauled off
>to the asylum, we get hauled off together!! (-:
-
sure... rub in the fact you have someone special, gee thanks  all my
friends are cyberfriends. and most of them are on this list... :)

>I love you, man!  Barb

 thanks Barb, and much affection your way. :)
Dan.
there are always possibilities...

-

8 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: Jan Watson

Dan Gahlinger wrote:

> At 07:43 PM 9/14/96 -0700, you wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> > Perhaps it may be a little more helpful to consider that most people,
> > when they worry about the death of ego are really afraid of some form of
> > awareness.  In fact, this does not happen as a result of growth.
>
> Jan, what do you mean: "this does NOT happen as a result of growth" ?
> I dont understand that statement, it seems to be contradictory to the
> previous statement.

DEATH of the ego does not happen as a result of growth; ego becomes
reinterpreted in light of ones new awareness.

Sorry about the lack of a direct antecedent to the pronoun there.

jan

-
9 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: finding K friends

>It helps that my husband and 3 other people that are friends of ours are
>experiencing the same types of things with the same timing.  We compare
>notes, and find out we must not be nuts, because there are similarities to
>all of our experiences (much like this list).  At least, if we get hauled off
>to the asylum, we get hauled off together!! (-:
->

Dear Barb,

I understand how you would know your husband is going through the same
thing, but how did you find out about the friends????  I need to know.  My
most metaphysical friends have responded by saying "oh, yeah, kundalini.
Doesn't that have to do with sex?"
AAaarg.
Then an aquaintance will mention a deep itching and I want to find kinship
and shared symptoms but hesitate.  I might say to someone who mentions some
few symptoms "Has your head changed shape?"  and they look at me like I have
2 of them.  So, I give up.  A personal ad in a local newspaper might be my
next tactic to find kundalini locals.   Hence my question.
		Mary,
	The Reluctant Earthling

10 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: Mary Knapp

Dan, you said:

>I think it's time for quiet and reflection.

It certainly seems worth a try.

Mary
-		Mary,
	The Reluctant Earthling