1 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Death Of Ego

Dan,

>never thought of it that was. as for the "annoying little children" they
>ALREADY seem that way, for at least a week now...

Only ego thinks the children are annoying.  When the ego is transformed (I
prefer that term rather than death, because nothing EVER dies, the energy or
consciousness just changes to a higher vibration), the children will be just
children, not annoying children.

>my ego wont be around. i still want to know if this involved a "nervous
>breakdown" or not.
->
>Has ANYONE here ACTUALLY had their ego die yet?

I am in the throes of this now, also, Dan.  I've been channeled the
information through two other people that my rebirth date is Sept. 20.  I
don't think that a nervous breakdown is necessary if you let the process
happen, & FEEL moment to moment.  Let the emotion bubble up & release, let it
flow through.

Last night, I felt like I was falling apart.  I saw myself in my mind's eye
as actually splitting apart.  So I just layed there in bed & trembled in fear
and hugged my teddy bear!  I feel fine this morning.  I've found myself going
through a lot of fear within the past week and a half.  It feels tumultuous
(big time!) at the time, but after letting it flow through & loving myself in
the process, I come back to feeling "normal" again.

Almost "egoless" and getting ready for the next round!  Barb(-;

-
2 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: HowardCushATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Dan and His Ego

When I began the awakening process, or should I say when IT began ME, I was
very anxious about what would happen to me.  Would "I" die?  Would everything
I believe in change?  Then, I had a small epiphany.  The ego will not go
away, as long as I am alive.  It is impossible.  The ego is the aspect of
human life that allows for survival and functioning.  It is not good or bad,
it just is.  Without an ego, the very functions of life -- eating, pooping,
emailing -- would be impossible.

Once I had this realization, I relaxed a lot.  I'm relating this personal
experience because in my own opionion, Dan's questions about the death of the
ego don't quite compute.  In fact, his posts themselves, especially about
annoyance with others, in which he says he feels less ego, to me seem FILLED
with ego.  This is an observation, not a judgment.  The very fact of
annoyance is an ego-based concept.  Without an ego, who or what would be
annoyed?  I notice, in addition, that Dan has a very unique and personal
style of communicating, filled with ""s and jokes and a kind of ironic
self-mockery.  Even as he comes closer to this sense of an ending, the posts
seem ever-more filled with that Dan-ness.

I notice, in myself, this constant need to interpret, and to wring meaning,
from every event, both little and transformational.  I guess this is human.
 As I go through my own experience with Kundalini, I keep dedicating myself
to "Beginner's Mind," or the "Don't Know" place.  When I get out of my own
way like that, stuff moves quickly.  The paradox is that I always return to
the ego, no matter how "out there" or expansive the experiences.  However, I
come back with a softer hold on things and a greater acceptance of
everything, ESPECIALLY the ego.

Richard Moss, in "The Black Butterfly," says that the fullest and most
glorious spiritual experiences are the ones that can be incarnated in this
body, in this world, in this plane, in this moment.  I accept that as my
ultimate challenge.  Moss values the experience of being around such an
integrated being as far more valuable than, say, a channeler who has to leave
his/her own body and being in order to receive non-physical information.  He
believes something like "A Course in Miracles," which was channelled, is in
many ways less relevant to being a human being in the present moment than
something which can be expressed locally and physically.  This has great
resonance for me.

So, as a counterpoint to Dan, as he approaches the "death of the ego,"  I've
attmepted to share my own approach.  My own prayer, for my own being, is to
open and soften and expand the breadth and depth of my ego, to bring more of
the Self into the self.  In this process, nothing dies.  In fact, it is my
hope that greater awareness is constantly being born.  I've seen how, in full
contemplation of my death, this awareness seems to blossom.  For that I am
grateful, and I know that when my ego dies, and my body dies with it, a new
chapter of that awareness will be born once more.

3 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996
From: John Marynowicz

At 10:40 AM 9/14/96 -0400, you wrote:
>When I began the awakening process, or should I say when IT began ME, I was
>very anxious about what would happen to me.  Would "I" die?  Would everything
>I believe in change?  Then, I had a small epiphany.  The ego will not go
>away, as long as I am alive.  It is impossible.  The ego is the aspect of
>human life that allows for survival and functioning.  It is not good or bad,
>it just is.  Without an ego, the very functions of life -- eating, pooping,
>emailing -- would be impossible.

I've always felt that there are an infinate number of degrees of "ego-ness".
I think that the more "child-like" a person is, the less "ego" oriented that
person is. I know I'm very "ego" oriented but try every day to become ever
more aware of it.

There are people in the world who, IMHO have very little "ego".  People such
as Mother Teresa or the Dalai Lama.  Mother Teresa is completely selfless in
her service to humanity.  The Dalai Lama (from the couple of times I've seen
him interviewed on TV) seems to have an almost completely child-like
personality and yet is incredibly wise.

Being judgmental is also an aspect of ego.  I guess if "non-ego" could be
summed up as a set of traits they would include things such as:

1) Child Like outlook
2) Non-Judgementalism
3) Selfless Service to Humanity
4) Humility

I'm sure there are others.  Those are just the ones I can think of from the
top of my head.  Can anyone think of others?  Perhaps the emergence of these
kinds of qualities are what is meant by "the death of ego".

Light and Love
John Marynowicz

4 Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996