1 Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996
From: DUANE YOUNG
Subject: RE: Direct Experience

I was beginning to think that I was a lone soul in my approach.  Now I
see that there is at least one more!  I had a couple of intense
experiences with "kundalini", at least that's a word that would be most
consistent with my experience.  But my experience is also so different
in many ways, so it's clear to me that to call it anything is to limit
what it truly is.  I've skimmed a few books on the subject and all seem
to present themselves as if one can define and isolate this "thing" that
we call "kundalini".  So what is it?  A collection of symptoms?
Including what one could call mental symptoms, and many have?  Or is it
just another belief system that we use to get us from one point to
another?

I find that what I believe in becomes real.  I also find myself
realizing that I am using my beliefs to get me where I want to be and
then I drop the belief.  For those who meditate, I breathe into my
chakras occasionally.  That seems to give me a greater frequency of OBEs
(which is just another attempt to package experience).  But I find that
the greatest tool that I have is my own desire and intent.  With those I
can achieve whatever I choose.  I fully  "believe" this.

I'd like to make one more point related to Howard's comments.  It seems
to me that nothing is ever known.  Even when we feel that our experience
has created a known for us, we create from that experience a belief
which we feel strongly about and then call a known.  So a known is only
an experienced belief.  So what is there to know?  Nothing really.  But
it seems then that we can learn how to experience more fully and with
the joy of our own creativity.

So really, whatever anyone wishes to believe is up to them.  If it
works, then use it.  It's just nice to hear someone else say some of the
things that I feel all the time.

Thanks Howard,

Duane

>----------
>From: 	HowardCushATNOSPAMaol.com[SMTP:HowardCushATNOSPAMaol.com]
>
>It is true, as someone wrote here recently, that no one knows anything for
>sure about Kundalini.  It doesn't matter if the ideas are in thousand year
>old books or a recent magazine -- they are just words.  And at best they are
>just guideposts.
>
>In my experience, the only thing I can count on, and trust, is direct
>experience.  What is happening to me?  What is going on?  The books and
>concepts help to give me a context, to let me know I am not alone or insane,
>but as soon as they begin to prescribe "shoulds" of any kind, it's time for a
>huge grain of salt.
>
>I've been taught that there is no substitute for this simple suggestion --
>pay attention.  When I pay attention to my direct experience, full open
>non-directed attention, at the very least there is movement.

2 Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996
From: nannuATNOSPAMsuncoastonline.com
Subject: Only thru experience can one...know...

Kundalini DOES give one access to their higher self, whether there be duality
or not. K is INTELIGENT, and when activated, AUTOMATICLY joins the two aspects
together. To activate K  is to speed up a naturally occurring evolutionary
process. It increase the flow of energy to the entire being, which causes the
being to function at a higher level. It is at this higher level that one
becomes more 'aware'. Spirituality was built into our systems from the get go
and becomes more pronounced thru the activation of K. The increased flow of
energy causes the receptors in the being to operate  more efficiently, thereby
expanding it's field of 'awareness'.  Add more ram to your computer, and it
will operate better, faster, and have the ability to do more. The fastest way
to purposely activate K is thru 'self fertilization', whereby you take the
energy you would use for procreation, and turn it inwards. In this 'union', the
dual energys, [male/female,  up/down,  big/small,  love/hate, etc.]  unite into
one  energy. Now unified, one becomes whole and complete, and 'awakens' to ones
true nature, which  now 'sees' beyond duality, and becomes one with the 'all'
One becomes 'enlightened'

                                       "I am the father, of the son whom I give
                                       birth to, ...which is me"
-

3 Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996