1 Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996
From: John Marynowicz
Subject: Re: Psychosis vs Spiritual emergence

At 12:29 AM 8/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a friend who experienced her K awakening some
>10 years ago.  She had no support during the initial awakening and ended up
>with a diagnosis of Schizophrenia.  She was put on heavy doses of meds when
>she became very psychotic and was a danger to herself.

For far too long people experiencing Kunadlini have been misdiagnosed as
Schizophrenic causing them to go years of the wrong kind of treatment.
Fortunately the Pscychiatric community is now officially starting to make a
clear distinction betwen the two.

>When I met her
>about 1 year ago we started comparing notes.  When she heard voices they came
>through her left ear.  When I receive channeled information it comes through
>the area just behind my right ear.  Most of her more extensive physical pain
>was centered on her left side.  eg. Her left arm frequently would become
>numb.  My right arm goes numb.

The fact is that many of the sysmptoms of K can sometimes be similar to
those of serious medical problems.  It is vitally important that everyone
has all thes symptoms checked by a mediacal doctor as well.  I am not a
doctor myself but your comment about your friends left arm twigged something
in me.  I have often heard it said that numbness in the left arm can also be
an indication of heart problems.  I hope she has had herself checked out.

Peace and Light
John Marynowicz

-
2 Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996
From: LwMema3ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Psychosis vs Spiritual emergence- Mark- Epilepsy & K

Mark,
I too have epilepsy, and am beginning to see more people with it or who have
had seizures that where also going through Kundalini awakening.  Is there a
pattern here that I am only seeing a few threads to?  I can not quite put my
finger on it, but I feel as if 'I am on to something'.  Could it be that the
few seizures I have experienced where not epilepsy related nd actually just a
part of K?  I do not know if you have any of these answers, but anything you
think on this matter would be helpful.  I am just thinking that I may have
experienced a mis-diagnosis, or hoping anyway... I do not know where all this
will go.
Thank you for any thoughts you have.
In light and love,
Lori

-
3 Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Why some, not all?

Good day listies (-:,

Can anyone give me some insight as to why some people experience such
traumatic episodes with K, and some don't?

K in my life has brought up tremendous emotional pain in the past (whew!),
and almost constant physical manifestations of some form, but not traumatic:
 traveling pains, stiff necks, severe at times sinus pain, neck & base of
skull pain, back & shoulder pain, a feeling of a cold coming on, somtimes
materialising, more often not - you get the idea.

My physical experience has been more like a constant "pain in the side" that
you have to learn how to live with (there's a word for that, but I can't
think what it is! Blank).  It has  felt like, "Well, what's the 'pain of the
week' this week?"  I have not needed any medical supervison except for a few
chiropractor visits during times that I couldn't help myself enough.

All my amazing stories have more to do with the spiritual world than the
physical, experiences that you only share with a certain few!

So, what makes the difference?  Who gets to go through a lot of physical
stuff, who gets to feel like they're going nuts, etc.?  I'm not looking for
definitive answers here, as there probably aren't any - just some opinions,
insights.  I'm confused!

Blessings & Joy,  Barb

4 Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996
From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com
Subject: Re: Physical symptom

This person had a powerful experience that was followed for several months by
peeling of the skin on her entire body and I should have mentioned that she
also suffered from unexplained (medically) bouts of fever. Retrospectively,
we think it could have been a first awakening of k and that she's having a
second wave now.

>Yes, I have that quite often on the bottom of my feet.
>
>karol ann
SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

-

5 Date: Fri, 30 Aug 96
From: John Halonen
Subject: Re: Why some, not all?

HI Barb,

Obviously even though we are all the same, we are all also different.
Past life development, Current mental make-up, how strong is the EGO and
view points.
How fit and flexible is the body.  All these probably have something to do
with it.
So strong is the EGO and mind that it can stop the flow of energy, cause
blocks and pain.

Almost every one will experience emotional pain because almost everyone has
to deal with the fact of duality before moving on to oneness.

Physical pain could come because one hasn't prepared the channels fully
before an awakening, not that everyone will have a chance to prepare.  Some
people might not know what is happening to them and bang.
Pain.

Stretching and breathing exercises could take care of alot of "Pain in the
side things".

The key is to always be AWARE of whatever you are doing, stretching,
breathing, walking, eating, sleeping.
This will help one become attuned to the physical body and then eventually
the energy body.
Eventually you will SEE where your physical or emotional pain is coming from
 .
Peace and Love,
John Halonen

6 Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996
From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: ADMIN: Important Questions - Please Respond

Unfortunately, Lynet is right on. I have also just about gone off the list
many times, I have held in there because I know that a higher frequency is
possible because we've been there. But, when ever a certain vibration takes
over and everyone gets involved pretty soon it crashes. These are the
results, confusion, negative thoughts projected to one another, blame, etc.
It is the way of the world. Kundalini is a power engine that can be used
through lower centers or higher centers. This is the reflection of the lower
centers. This isn't anybodies fault, it just is. I think it is an excellent
example of the problems facing man. And, the chatter comes in when the
conversation has droped into the solar plexus. Not bad, just different. But,
it will chase the true seeker away. Why not everyone meditate on this and see
if we have anything meaningful to put out into the ether. Love to all of you.
Gloria

7 Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996
From: jmckinnonATNOSPAMcc.weber.edu

On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, John Marynowicz wrote:

> "Although no one but a qualified mental-health care professional can make a
> diagnosis involving mental illness,

I have found that the mental-health care field is incredibly subjective
and value laiden.  Psychologists, Psychiatrists etc, often disregard
ethical and scientific guidelines in order to follow thier own incredibly
subjective observations.

There are ALOT of victims of
(yes I said OF)
the mental "healthcare" field.

> She also mentions that the American Psychiatric Association has recently
> approved a new diagnostic code for the DSM-IV.  Apparently this is the
> handbook used by pscyiatrists, doctors and pscychologists in making mental
> illness diagnosies.  The new code is called "V62.89 Religious or Spritual
> Problem".  It's now being officially recognized by the mainstream medical
> community.

You will be hard pressed to find more than a few mental health care
professionals who pay more than lip service to  V62.89.

Mac
-

8 Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996
From: SYL228ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Psychosis v Spiritual Emergence

Jean compared her "K" awakening and the fact that she had helpful voices near
the right ear with that of her friend who had hostile voices by the left ear.
 She wondered if there is a right brain/left brain thing going on here.
-
After "K" I have had a high pitched sound continously by the right ear. After
about 3+ years I also started to experience a similar sound by the left ear.
 They seem to be coordinated.

Some of the information I have been given by my inner guidance over that time
is that one of the balancing acts of "K" is to completely coordinate L/R
brains.  The left side of the brain is concerned with form and outer
manifestation more, while the right brain is  concerned with spirit.  This is
a rather simplified picture, but it does mean that spiritual guidance tends
to come from the R brain, and body guidance from the L brain , if this is
correct.

The body is a living thinking entity on it's own, but of a rather lower order
than the spirit.  So it is more prone to paranoia and similar manifestations.
 It fears attack and death in a way that spirit does not.  It also carries
any negative vibrations we may have in a way that spirit does not. Hence
voices from the L side may not be of the highest order, and may even be
hostile. Some of this is not really the person living in the particular body,
so much as inheritance.  The voices of the ancestors as they say in some
cultures through the genes.

I am reminded of the Norse Mythology where Odin Father of the gods had 2
ravens who whispered in his ears.  They were called Thought and Memory.
 Memory was on the L side and could be our genetic memories of the body.

Love Jule

-
9 Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996