1 Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996
From: mxoATNOSPAMpyrite.som.cwru.edu (Maimu Alber)
Subject: unsubbing

Hi all,

School starts this week, and I've never been able to maintain balance in my
life with both school and email lists, so I'll be unsubbing.  I'll check
back in with you during semester breaks or when I feel I'm caught up...

I will let you know how things turn out with the forged email problem.

Thank you for all you've given me...

Much Love and Light,

Maimu

    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather......
     Not screaming and crying like the passengers in his car did.

2 Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996
From: ElmovolATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: So. Baptists

Dear Ones,
Please
add to your list of ex's this Ex-Southern Catholic.  Not only did I have to
contend with the Vatican telling me I was going to hell every time I turned
around, I had to deal with those self-righteous So. Baptists too!!  My
turning away from church started for me when I was 7 years old.  I couldn't
figure out why my uncle who was a monsignor in the church in Ohio drove down
every January to visit us in TN in a brand new Olds Delta 88 on his way to
play golf in Palm Beach FL for a month, my father always had a quart of
Chivas Regal waiting for him, and why the nuns had to take a vow of poverty.
 To say I was questioning the patriarchy at such an early age is an
understatement.  It's no wonder I was drawn to Hinduism and the Divine Mother
and all those beautiful goddesses.

After
reading these postings on Jesus and Co. for several days,  what disbrubed me
is the fact that Student is saying Jesus is the *only* way, if you don't
follow *him* you're condemend to whatever, blah, blah, blah.   It's that air
of exclusivity that is so frustrating to deal with.  I remember telling
Sister Mary-what's-her-name that one time I went to a Nazarene church one
Sunday instead of going to mass.  According to her I commited THE MORTAL SIN
and she marched me off to confession pronto.                  The bottom line
is the dogma may say and preach one thing, but my heart is whispering me
something totally different.  The first time I sat in the Divine Mother
temple in Crestone, CO singing and chanting Sanskrit, I thought to myself
*what am I doing*  *What am I getting myself into* yet at the same time it
finally felt real, it felt comforting, it felt closer to the truth of who I
am and who God is than anything else I had ever experienced.  I went to India
and had my head shaved in a tributary of the Ganges River, came back and went
to work in the South.  I was meeting up with people like Student every day
for months.  A bald head and Brooks Brothers suits on a woman, especially in
Federal Court, make for a perplexing dichotomy for some.
                                                     That experience really
moved me on the judgments I had about other people, and myself especially.  I
began to see that spark of divinity within others, especially those thought
to be unlovable, those so-called criminals that paraded before me on a daily
basis.  However, when I began to read all the Jesus postings, the judgments
began coming up again, not as strong as they would have been, but I must
admit, there were some judgments there.  So what I did was I prayed to Jesus,
and I also prayed to Buddha, I prayed to Ganesha, I prayed to Babaji and all
the others to release me from my thoughts of judging, my thoughts of he's
wrong, he's less than and I'm right, I know the real truth, so I'm better,
etc.
                                                                         It's
been a great reality check for me, these last few days.  I like to think of
myself as fairly nonjudgmental, but *OUCH* the fact is I'm still working on
it, I've got a way to go still, and it's forced me to look at myself, where
am I preaching, where am I saying it's my way or the highway, where am I
right and you're wrong, because I believe Student's posting wouldn't have
shown up on my computer if I hadn't attracted it to be there in the first
place.  So again, *OUCH* *OUCH*.   If I get any more food for thought, I
think I'll get indigestion.      Many Blessings to You All, Christine

3 Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: unsubbing
-
At 09:49 PM 8/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>School starts this week, and I've never been able to maintain balance in my
>life with both school and email lists, so I'll be unsubbing.  I'll check
>back in with you during semester breaks or when I feel I'm caught up...
>
>I will let you know how things turn out with the forged email problem.
>
>Thank you for all you've given me...

wow Maimu, such short notice. it was really nice having a chance to exchange
email and such with you. I wish you the best at school. take care!

Dan.

>Much Love and Light,
>
>Maimu

>    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather......
>     Not screaming and crying like the passengers in his car did.

Dan.
There are always possibilities...

-
4 Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996
From: hbarrettATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Holly N. Barrett, Ph.D.)
Subject: my 2 bits

I seem to have had the opposite problem of many of you.  My parents
were two (agnostic) lefties who came out of WWII hating religion.
Fortunately, they extended freedom of belief to their children but it
was odd being the only one in the family with a connection to God and
transcendent experiences, especially in the '50s.  From my teens I felt
an inexplicable, persistent and compelling need to become a Jew.  After
25 years, I did. Still don't know quite why.  Some say it is because of
a past life -- so many Jewish lives were unfinished because of the
Holocaust.  Maybe, but I'm not convinced.  But I've often thought that
I might not have had the awakening had my spiritual road been
conventional and smooth.
Wha'dya think?!

Holly

-

5 Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996
From: WorcaATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: "end" result

G'morning and/or G'day to ALL,

Thank you for all your responses to my question.  I guess we'll never be
"done."  But I find myself getting more & more loving towards people.  People
and situations just don't "get" me like they used to.  Oh yes, I still do
deal with my ego self at times, but it's getting less & less.

So, if the K process is to get me to the point of unconditional love of all
people, all things, all situations, regardless of whether they are labeled by
others as positive or negative, then I'm all for it.  It sure FEELS better to
walk around in a love bubble compared to what I used to feel like!

And I can imagine that when I have total unconditonal love going inside, what
I might attract to myself.  I'm already seeing the changes being mirrored to
me from the outside, and I love it!  I felt like I was trudging through the
muck, getting NOWHERE for so long, it's nice now that the inner changes have
started to make it to the outside where I can actually see & feel it
physically.  It has not all been for naught, and BELEIVE ME, I USED TO THINK
IT WAS, because for a time, it was one brick wall after another with hardly
any joy or rest in between.

I feel like I'm coming out the other side now, although I'm not through yet.
 I still feel K running through, I still feel fear bubbling up at times for
release.  But I'm in much more enjoyment of the process now.
-
I hope that for any of you who are going through what seems to be endless
pain with no way out, that you'll realize that I am no different than you.  I
am you, and you are me, AND YOU WILL MAKE IT TOO.  If you close your eyes
right now, and tap into the love & compassion I feel for you, I swear you
will feel it.  Go into your heart, I will give you an extra boost when you
need it.  Really, I'm not kidding!  Try it....

Love & Blessings,  Barb ATNOSPAM--}}--}}--

-

6 Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996
From: LwMema3ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: It's Back!!!!!!!

Love the dandruff joke Dan- nothing like that :D LOL!!!!
L&L,
Lori

-

7 Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996