kundalini-l-d Digest                            Volume 96 : Issue 103

1 Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996
From: mxoATNOSPAMpyrite.som.cwru.edu (Maimu Alber)
Subject: Re: Sleep

At 05:42 PM 8/19/96 -0400, Arlene Benjamin wrote:
>Greetings All,
>
>Maimu: please be careful with melatonin. Would you try some lavender in your
>pillowcase, instead? There are many wonderful, natural remedies available.

Thanks for your words of concern, Arlene.  I will definitely try lavendar. (It
sounds wonderful.)  However, I have been led to believe that melatonin is
natural.   Please correct me if I'm wrong.

>Does this sensitivity have to do with eyes? I am very photosensitive. I'm also
>a redhead with very fair skin. And I keep my room darkened as well.

Yes...it is my eyes.  Even during the day, glare from the sun is terrible...and
at night, headlights look so much brighter, I have a difficult time driving.  In
the winter, I must wear sunglasses for the snow. I also have to keep my computer
screen on the dim side.  And flourescent lights are just the pits...I have a
regular lamp on my desk.  Otherwise, I get awful headaches.

Maimu
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather......
     Not screaming and crying like the passengers in his car did.

2 Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996
From: LwMema3ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: To Debee and Cynthia
-
Debee,

I just finished reading your post about helping your friend through her divorce,
it was very beautiful and I agree that positivity and loving support can work
wonders.  Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

In Light and Love,
Lori

-

3 Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996
From: Wendy
Subject: Re: Jeff and Mary

>thanks for sharing all that. i really look forward to sometime getting some
>time with nature sometime. :)
>
>Dan.

lol

hey dan grin

that's three "sometimes" in one sentence!!!!!

the TIME is NOW
-
you have a yard or a park nearby?????

Wendy

Leap and the net will appear.
http://www.tiac.net/users/wenders
___________________

       Midnight is when noon is born.       - Chinese proverb
___________________

4 Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996
From: Dan Gahlinger
Subject: Re: Throat Chakra

At 01:45 PM 8/19/96 -0400, you wrote:
>It seems as there is a resistance to my conscious wanting to let go and
>allow me to fully experience unconsciousness...as if my energies are
>physically in conflict....
>
>I wonder if anyone else experiences such physical reactions during
>meditation...?
>
>Maimu

all the time Maimu, all the time. I think i described some of this, but, I go
through much the same. its really important not to forcably fight it.
-
Dan.

5 Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996
From: mxoATNOSPAMpyrite.som.cwru.edu (Maimu Alber)

At 05:06 PM 8/19/96 -0400, Dan Gahlinger wrote:
>At 01:11 PM 8/19/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>So, the trees were the best part.  A real comfort.
>>
>that was the part I was waiting to hear about.

ACtually, I wouldn't mind hearing a bit more myself.  When I went to Starwood, I
was able to participate in some of the Church of All Worlds pagan rituals and
gatherings.  They are very attuned to nature and worship Gaia, mother earth.
They refer to trees quite a bit, and there is even a song we sang about being a
tree, letting our roots go deep, and stretching our branches way high....and is
so very much in line with some Taoist chi kung meditations I've been
doing...visualizations...about pulling energy from as high as possible...having
it enter at my crown...exit at my feet...and go to the center of the earth...and
then back up again...through me...and up high...and back down again to settle in
the lower Tan Tien, the lower field of the elixir....that we are like trees...a
channel between the heavens and earth....puling energy in through our
crowns...having it nurture and feed us...make us  stronger towards the
heavens....

And it just seems so eloquent, that you would have been hugging a sequoia, one of
the greatest, tallest, strongest....with it's roots deepest...and it's branches
highest....

I hope the symbolism and significance  there don't escape you..

I envy you....

Maimu

    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather......
     Not screaming and crying like the passengers in his car did.

6 Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996
From: Denise Clausen
Subject: Re: Problems of a medium

Odette Dumas wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I'd like to share with you my experience.
> I was born a " seer " and a " voyager " as Carlos Castaneda intends.
> >From 3 to 4 years old, I received almost everyday the visit of a lady of
> 30 years old ( or so ) who taught me how to defend myself in this life
> and she was giving me hints about my future and about my own hands.
> Then, I forgot all about these " visits " ( I was awake when they occured
> ) and I remembered them when I reached my 30's, because I recognized the
> lady one morning staring at the mirror. Many pretends that it was my
> helper, but I really don't believe it. Anyway. I was seeing the auras of
> people, without knowing that it was a rare gift and I never spoke of that
> phenomenom until the age of 10: a girl from the class died and the whole
> class went to the funerarium to pay respects to the body when I shouted "
> she's not dead, she's here, floating all blue ". With dismay, the priest
> made me touch the corpse saying : " feel her arm, she's dead cold, you
> are out of your mind ! " Then I realized that I was the only one to see
> the etherical body of the dead girl and I went mute.
> At 15, my brother made me encounter a man who pretended to be a guide or
> guru. He wanted to develop my third eye abilities and expand my
> kundalini. I was totally under his control. The man was bad news, as I
> found out 2 years later... At 17, I've been mentally attacked by him or
> one of his order: I've been mentally strangulated for 30 minutes,
> fighting for a thread of air. I finally won the battle (or I wouldn't be
> here to tell ).  But I took the decision to lock my seeing powers for
> good, being too afraid of what I could experience again. Though, the
> capacities of telepathy and empathy are still operating, I rarely see
> anything else than the etherical bodies of humans, animals or plants.
> I am alone and rebel to anything or anyone who want to master me in any
> kind of way since then.
> But I have a problem since then, my throat chakra is blocked, which
> causes me problems to speak when I go emotionnal and I always have a
> minor infection at the throat and chest problems. Also, I did abuse of
> alcool and soft drugs since last March in order to mask my deeper
> feelings . Thanks God, it's over now, I'm in control of that problem.
> If anyone of you can give me hints on how to unblock my throat chakra, it
> would be wonderful.
> Odette

This is how I can open chakras, Do you know how it looks when you look thru a
calidyscope. how when you turn the thing it goes from a point then opens up big,
well pretend the point is in your neck then very gently, mentally open your
throat up as though you were turning a calidyscope untill you feel something and
then stop. Hope this helps, let me know.
         Yours Truly
          Denise
-

7 Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996