Date: Fri, 16 Aug kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 96
1
From: ElmovolATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Thanks thanks and more thanks

Dear Ones, A belated thank you from the deepest recesses of my soul to all
those who answered my post on the missing time episode (I was watching
Olympics relay race, my sister-in-law and I saw only three women finish, the
rest of the TV-watching world saw four.)  That seemed to me to be the
beginning of several experiences that have occured since then.  I feel as if
I have been in crash-and-burn mode and it's been very difficult to even
string three sentences together until here lately.
                                                           One episode is
that I answered the doorbell no one else in the house heard it.  When my
sister-inlaw apologized to the man for not answering the doorbell sooner, he
said he hadn't even rang it yet!!   I've been in the house when supposedly
the phone has rung four times, there is a message on the answering machine
and neither I nor my sister-in-law heard the phone ring.  The tingling
episodes have started back up again for about 36 hrs. then ceased as quickly
as they started.  AND... to top it off, a freelance job I was counting on
fell thru so Im out of a job and my funds run out next month!!!  I should add
to that that I've been on a self-imposed sabbatical for two years due to
major burnout from working in the court system as a court reporter for over
20 years.  I can always go back to that to pay my bills, but really dread
getting back into that energy.                              Have read with
great interests the posts on the *warrior* analogy and also the posts on the
ego.  They seem to have great relevance to what my experience has been here
lately.  My concepts of reality are doing a complete 180 again and now it
seems I can't even count on my senses to give me basic feedback signals on
what is real and what is not.

All this started hitting the fan when I had what I call a mini-K in May.  My
first K was like a large circular tingling current wrapping all the way up
the spine but it seemed to stop at the neck.  This one, the energy just shot
straight up in a narrow band of electrical energy from the base of my spine
and this time it went all the way out of the crown chakra.  Shortly, after it
happened, I told the man of my dreams (I thought) I wanted to end the
relationship, came here to Tennessee for the summer, and have been here ever
since.  The support you all have given me thru the depression stage was
immense and I am deeply forever grateful.  That has seemed to backed off some
this week.  I've been hiking some in the Smokies this week loving the Divine
Mother as I know her in these mountains and that has seemed to ground me some
and kept out of my head.  Like I say, you all have been great and many thanks
again.  Christine

2 Date: Fri, 16 Aug
From: hbarrettATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Holly N. Barrett, Ph.D.)
Subject: re: bouncing off the walls

Michelle -- I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, feel wonderful
for you and with you, and feel amazed over and over again that when
people feel this kind of joy, they feel it in so much the SAME WAY,
however they get there.  No wonder we feel it as coming home.

Holly

3 Date: Sat, 17 Aug
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: Spontaneous Mudra - Photo

Hi (k)ites,
A while back, I started a thread about a mudra that I had done
spontaneously with the effect of relief of stress - it started
originally as clenched fists and as I learned to deal with stress,
gradually changed to an attitude of the hands where the 1st and 4th
fingers are loosely extended (like two horns), the 3rd finger is curled
inward with the tip resting in the center of the palm (centering
symbolism?) and the thumb and second finger describe a circle by
lightly touching at the tips. A number of speculations devolved in the
thread and nothing came of it with certainty. (I like the concept of
conversations being thought of as 'threads' - does that tickle anyone
else's special place in the brain that makes them instinctively make
that little 'satori' grin?) (I know, that it is not probably everyone's
PERFECT analogy and will be CRITICized and DOZENS of BETTER-FORMED more
ACCURATE, more CORRECT, infinitely RIGHTer analogies will be EXPOUNDED,
EXPLAINED, EXPRESSED, and EXPUNGED (by me), but I LIKE a little piece
of this one;-)

But, I digress, regress, progress. Follow me, I AM digressing to
congression, trust me. I, while meditating recently, switched from my
usual TM mantra to the old workhorse that everyone hears OM- and that I
had never used - TM people told us that the mantra that they gave us
for $100 was SCADS better than that one. Anyway, it was, for me,
sonorous, thunderous, full of INTENSE vibrations, mind-engulfing,
consciousness-extinguishing and expanding simultaneously, I had NEVER
gotten that from my TM mantra and I retried it with no better results.
I REALLY liked the OM results - is this just due to my expectation that
OM would be better or am I perceiving it differently due to the
k-experience? This got me wondering about mantras and especially the
OM-guy. Western dictionaries suck for the purpose of getting
definitions of this guru-stuff, but they lead one on some interesting
courses/careers (check the etymologies of both for a grin ;-). What I
did find is that AUM and OM where listed as synonyms - what the hey?!
To the library to get dowsed in those AWFUL books that ex-P-l-AIN
mysticism. In the index of "Tibetan Buddhism" by L. Austine Waddell
under the head OM, a number of pages were listed. I checked each in
order and one, page 148, in particular. As I thumbed to the page, my
eyes fell briefly on page 146. I NEVER did get to 148. A crop of the
photograph on 146 is attached - is this what is called synchronicity?
The "Lama of the Established Church" is doing EXACTLY the
mudra/hand-position/mystic-attitude that I described. I never thought
about the one-hand-over/one-hand-under position until I saw this
photograph - do YOU SEE what I SEE? Placing ones hands in this position
mimics the yin-yang symbol including the circles within each of the
teardrop shapes. Is this coincidental - I thought the yin-yang thing
was Taoist/Chinese/Korean not Tibetan Buddhist?

The frustrating thing is that the caption of the photograph says that
the two lamas pictured are doing mudras, but the text does not explain
them. A THOROUGH search of the WHOLE book gives a bunch of other
mudras, complete explanations of the use/symbolism/meaning of them, but
does NOT mention the one in the photograph. Maybe I am just too
impatient, will just have to wait for ANOTHER synchronologue to occur
for the definition/meaning to appear S P O N T A N E O U S L Y ;-)

In the meantime, speculations are welcome.   DAN the MUDRAMAN

4 Date: Sat, 17 Aug
From: Wendy
Subject: Spontaneous Picture Files

Hi Dan,

I have a special request as the owner of a very small hard drive and no way
to refuse graphics files along with any email received.  Is there another
way you could possibly share your pictures with people on the list without
sending them to everyone automatically here?  Perhaps offering to send them
directly to anyone with a particular interest?

My storage space is at a premium and I'm constantly having to weed the email
alone to keep my system running in top form.  I frequently have to reject
emails that have picture files attached and then have to notify my service
provider to delete them from my mailbox manually or they'll just keep
'trying' to get through.  An extra work load for some poor soul who probably
would rather be playing Solitaire.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Wendy

Leap and the net will appear.
http://www.tiac.net/users/wenders

  Don't take advice, take a chance, roll the dice, learn to dance.
	                 - David Wilcox

5 Date: Sat, 17 Aug