Date: Tue, 13 Aug kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 90
1
From: Richard Satin
Subject: Fwd: Re: Reprint

------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

From: Roethel, Karen           \ Internet:    (kroethelATNOSPAMfaxint.com)

Subject: Re: Reprint

Yes, I remember dream since childhood. I dreamed about the earthquake in
California and Japan 7 years ago when I was in Vegas. The next day
california was hit.  I am starting to analyze my dreams now. I wake at 3:00
a.m. every morning like clock work. All the answers I need come to me at
that time.

At 3:00 in the morning I am hearing high pitched frequencies with specific
toons and tones. I know I'm being programed and it annoys me. I feel I have
no control over this. I know I am tapping into the universal ring of
knowledge. But I believe the sounds are programing from our universal
brothers without my permission.

If I had one wish in this lifetime it would be to become a healer. The joy I

could give to everyone would be beyond my greatest expectations. I want to
do this and I shall be taught how to one day.

Thanks for responding.

Love and Light
Karen
 ----------

2 Date: Monday, August 12, 1996

Hi : Graham Dumpleton

You said:
>If I remember correctly, the Sai Baba Gita describes meditation as
being devotion to God. If this is the case, then our very moment to
moment existance can be meditation, be it active or passive. Ie., it
isn't necessary to sit down to meditate, we only need express that
devotion to God and to do everything with God in our heart, as a
gift to God.<

There are so many types of meditation.  But true meditation comes only after
concentration and again not every one can meditate.  It takes very hard
practice.

Like you said::> " what a lot of people call meditation, ie. actually sitting
or lyingdown etc, might be better classified simply as being relaxation or a
form of active visualisation. "<

As always,
Von

3 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: V487ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Spontaneous mudra?

Hi: Daniel Rusch-Fischer

You said:
>During periods of intense stress, I have found (don't ask me why or how
- I don't know) that holding my hands palms up, with the first and
fourth fingers extended (like horns) but relaxed, the third finger
gently curled back and touching the center of the palm, and the thumb
and second finger touching in a relaxed circle provide a rush of calm
that is unmatched by a tranquilizer.<

Again there are many types of meditations.  When said the above about holding
your fingers in such a position. You must of seen a picture some place of
someone with their fingers in this position, but most likely thay are
counting their breathing cycles.  In a more advanced meditation some times it
is helpful to count the types and cycles of the breathing.   The number and
types of breaths are very important in advanced meditation.  What the person
is most likely doing is counting like for example the first finger and thumb
is one and then the 2nd finger and thumb is two and so on.  Also the first
finger and thumb can be used as an aid in concentration. Every time your mind
starts to wonder you press your thumb together until the concentration is
focused again.

Hope that this might help.

As always,
Von

=====================================

4 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: V487ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Hello!!!

Hi: Arlene Benjamin

I am happy that you came on line.  For some reason I felt that you were
trying to get on-line and that is why I said," waiting of your post the last
time."  Guess you will see the meaning later on.

Love,
Von

=====================================

5 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: Wendy
Subject: Ego, Patience, this n that

Hi One and All,

I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences, lessons, thoughts,
excercises, readings about ego and the 'letting go of' or diminishing of.
These are two 'biggies' for me and I'm spending more time looking at them
and watching for them and working with/on them.

I'm reminded of my first "contact" with Coyote while studying the Medicine
Wheel and being tripped - literally and figuratively - throughout the day by
my own Coyote medicine.   Over and Over.  To the point of feeling bruised
and battered sometimes.  That's also when the incredible sense of humor
began to blossom.  Irony seems, also, to be a large part of our awakenings.
I think the laughter dulls the pain of the lessons sometimes, as it should.

I'm still in awe of the experiences/lessons I've had over the past 4 - 6
years and how they're always present to call on or just rise up to conscious
level over and over, just when we most need to 'hear' them again.  It's as
if we're given our own mini-diary of experiences to draw from when our
earthly existence/form most needs the reminding of the profound knowledge
and Light we've been made aware of....wakened to.

Knowing what we know, having seen what we've seen, is it any wonder we
struggle to incorporate all into daily living?

As my teenage son rants and raves and his hormonal imbalance wreaks havoc
upon his sense of equilibrium and spills out onto his younger twin brothers,
I see such striking parallels to my own internal experience of k awakening
and how its affects can sometimes defy all 'logic' to the casual, 'outside'
observer but, deeply embodied in the experience is the undeniable
knowingness that brings Light, Peace and Joy.  I stop and
wonder...hmmm.....did I experience that sense of Peace and Joy during my
teenage years as well?  And, if so, why'd I 'forget'???? LOL

I watch him struggle through his hormonal zingy stuff and wonder what
insights he's getting at the same time.  Is it possible puberty is our first
k awakening?   Well, if not, at least it's helping me laugh about it
as I walk side by side with my son's experience in it.  And he walks side by
side with his mom "in" her k.

All our attempts to get 'high' in this culture can't compare to the high
we've all experienced with K.  When people lament the condition of the world
today and how everyone is trying to drop out or avoid or mask over.....I see
it differently now.  We're not trying to become unconscious....but rather
conscious....to awaken.  Even those who are unaware at the time (all those
poignant stories of ours from our past before K, as examples...and my own
past experiences when I hadn't a clue what 'it' was alll about).  This helps
with finding the patience and understanding I need now with my son and
others in the midst of their own struggles to awaken.

At times I have the overwhelming desire to Be so "at one" with myself and
the Universe...(something we seem to all have experienced with our K
awakenings at various times and on various 'levels') - that Being who can
simply Be - to be 'THERE'....so that I could actually reach out and touch
others ....with a little 'shaktipat' on the butt....to those around me.....
and watch them Be, too.  This is much more pleasurable than wanting to whack
a teenager when they 'lose control,' of course.  I live with both feelings
simultaneously.  So, in effect, he and I are both experiencing similar
'states' of being.  I think.  I know, even if he doesn't yet, that he's
struggling with his own Soul awakening, too.

Envisioning such a state and existence of "Being" for us all here on Earth
is enough fuel to keep the engine running.  Patience and loss of ego seem to
be my biggest lessons unlearned and constantly in need of reminding about.
I admit to having doubts I'll ever get 'there'....but try to remember that
the journey is not without purpose as well.  Imagine a room full of
shaktipatting each other!

Peace and Love,

Wendy

=====================================

6 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: Wendy
Subject: People

did I leave out the word "people" in that last line? LOL oops, all by
accident

Wendy

=====================================

7 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: teenagers and K

At 02:48 PM 8/13/96 -0400, Wendy wrote:
>I watch him struggle through his hormonal zingy stuff and wonder what
>insights he's getting at the same time.  Is it possible puberty is our first
>k awakening?   Well, if not, at least it's helping me laugh about it
>as I walk side by side with my son's experience in it.  And he walks side by
>side with his mom "in" her k.

Wendy,

Having worked with teenagers quite a bit I must agree that what so many of
them go through can be nearly as intense as a K awakening.  Quite aside from
the body and hormonal changes and all the attendant emotional volitality,
teenagers have a purity that translates into their being great "Bullshit
Detectors".

As society, families and schools are all full of compromises, weaknesses,
agreed upon selective blindness, and other forms of "bullshit", the
teenagers are often seen as rebels, antisocial, wayward, delinquent, etc.
etc.  Some join the herd (the herd cheers), some commit suicide, and some
dull the pain or try to find a more real world in drugs.  I wish I felt
confident saying they all discover God and their own spirituality
eventually.  If I think lifetimes, yes, I could say that confidently.

Wish they all had something like a K list, or all the marvelous books and
Web sites that we do. I for one couldn't go through this without them...and
that means you all.  Thank you.

Mary

=====================================

8 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: Arlene Benjamin
Subject: Medicine Wheel:OOPS!!!

>To: kundalin-lATNOSPAMexecpc.com
>From: Arlene Benjamin
>
>Hi Wendy,
>Thanks for a great letter. I'm working on the ego thing, too. I wonder if we
>make it tougher than need be or if it is part of the process or if I
over-analyze things, too much, as usual. (My Scorpio nature).

>Anyway, I'm interested in learning more about the medicine wheel. Would you
>direct me to some sources? Thanks in advance.
>
>LOL means lots of laughs or even lots of love.
>
>Peace, Joy, and Harmony to all...
>Namaste'...Arlene

An outer reflection* of inner thoughts*

=====================================

9 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: Royale Jills

About less meditating, I have also found that I can lessen the impacts of any K.
activity by stopping all my attempts at meditation, pranayama, etc.  I am lazy so I
dont do much of it anymore.  But someday---.Royale

=====================================

10 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: SYL228ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re the goddess

To Karol Ann:

If you read about the early earth cultures, you will see that a priestess who
worshipped the goddess was in charge.  They married a man who was king for a
year, and after that he was sacrificed to fertilise the crops.   Depending on
the particular culture he may have been flayed alive, dismemebered etc. and
his various part ploughed into the ground.

Not a very pretty picture. This was in the era when they thought women were
the sole producers of the babies. They did not know about sperm in those
days.
Women had the upper hand then,they were mysterious and superior because they
could produce, seemingly on a whim.

 But of course when men realised the truth, they then terroised us with brute
force.  Neither side was correct.  We need to respect one another.

that was what I was thinking about when I wrote about us having had the upper
hand as women at one time.

If you read about Ancient Greece.  Particularly stories like that of Theseus
you will see a lot about how the interaction of men and women has changed.
The book The King must Die by Mary Stewart is a novel about Theseus which
covers this pretty well.

Love Jule

=====================================

11 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: Fwd: Re Lady with the throat chakra problem

Hi everyone:
While the lady Dan saw with the throat chakra problem, may actually
have a problem, I have been working on something similar with the
collective unconscious. As many have discussed we have been cut off
from our true spiritual existence here on earth to develop these
bodies.  Psychically I saw this as if  earth had had her head just
about torn off her shoulders because her throat had been cut.  when i
first went through "K" and the energies were running through me
unabated, i kept hearing "beheaded" over and over again. We in a
sense have been beheaded by having an existence here on earth..
so Dan the lady in question, may have been a metaphor for all of us.
Becauseof our past there is also a sense that we have been prostituted,
and lost our true greatness.  In a sense, here we are all living in the
streets etc. thought this might be interesting background for you.
Love Jule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Interesting, indeed. But, I have to come to the defense of the lady in
question. I mentioned that she was a professional dominatrix-that is
not any kind of prostitute. As a matter of record, none of them that I
know engage in ANY sexual act as part of their jobs. They NEVER undress
(although their clients usually do - but then so do doctor's, physical
therapist's, masseur's, etc.)and they do NOT permit their clients to
touch them in a sexual way. They do, however, provide their clients
with Intensive Tactile Therapy - sometimes shocking amounts and
varieties of it. They are paid from $120/hour to a more usual $175/hour
and even higher especially if the client wants them to be on the
receiving end (in those cases, they always have another person watch as
a silent witness - read that bodyguard). They are often highly
intelligent, well-educated, and surprisingly intuitive people.

Oh-oh, my wife insists that I mention that I have never used their
services - they are just acquaintances since this odd k-thing - she
also says that if I NEED a spanking she would be delighted to give it
to me for free.      8-0         YEOW!!!

DAN

=====================================

12 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re Lady with the throat chakra problem

At 02:05 PM 8/13/96 -0700, Daniel Rusch-Fischer wrote:
>Hi everyone:
>While the lady Dan saw with the throat chakra problem, may actually
>have a problem, .
>Love Jule
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Interesting, indeed. But, I have to come to the defense of the lady in
>question. I mentioned that she was a professional dominatrix-that is
>not any kind of prostitute. As a matter of record, none of them that I
>know engage in ANY sexual act as part of their jobs. They NEVER undress
>(although their clients usually do -
>
>DAN

A one sided relationship such as described would of course restrict free
communication - throat chakra problem indeed! She's probably stifling
screams (of pity maybe) all day long.

I'll bet her feet hurt too! =-]

(from the high heels...)

Mary

=====================================

13 Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996
From: "Debee L. Thomas"
Subject: Re: Another Analogy

> Before enlightnment chop wood, carry water
> After enlightenment chop wood, carry water
>

> There is something between these lines. It's the place i live.
> I must have jumped into a river, and i cannot go back.
> I have heart tales and stories about the other shore.
> Sometimes i imagine to see its outlines faintly in the distance.
> I am uncertain because i don't know.
> I don't know if my efforts bring me close.
> I don't know if the stream will carry me near.
>
> I have my moments.
> Then i chop water. Or carry wood.

You have caused me to stop and wonder about the space in between.  I find
myself thinking that this space consists of our own personal
perspective.  Perhaps we think of enlightenment as far more than it truly
is?  Perhaps this space is one where we spend some time figuring out that
enlightenment is not what we first thought.  We may think we are going to
be moved to some heightened position only to find out that we just simply
are.  Perhaps we discover that we don't have to be more but rather just
be.  No matter what our job, position, title etc. we just ARE in the
total scheme of things.  From this space we can reach out and assist
others along their path.  Isn't that what enlightenment, true
enlightenment is all about?  Every great master/teacher thoughout time
has done this.  Become enlightened and helped others along the same path.

Just a few of my thoughts on the space between

Blessed Be

Debee

=====================================

14 Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )

You wrote:
Daniel Rusch-Fischer wrote:
Hi everyone:  While the lady Dan saw with the throat chakra problem,
may actually have a problem, .Love Jule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Interesting, indeed. But, I have to come to the defense of the lady in
question. I mentioned that she was a professional dominatrix-that is
not any kind of prostitute. As a matter of record, none of them that I
know engage in ANY sexual act as part of their jobs. They NEVER undress
(although their clients usually do - DAN
----------------------------
A one sided relationship such as described would of course restrict
free communication - throat chakra problem indeed! She's probably
stifling screams (of pity maybe) all day long. I'll bet her feet hurt
too! =-]
(from the high heels...) Mary
----------------------------
Mary, you crack me up LOL =-)  8-)  8-0   =-)
The lady in question is a white-haired grandmother, has a deeply
spiritual nature, AND can curse like a sailor! She has a joie-de-vivre
that is unmatched by most women and men that I know. She is about 5'2",
petite, was a paralegal, AND will lay a cat-o-nine-tails on someone
like a boatswains mate from the H.M.S. Bounty and SMILE sweetly! She is
the very soul of dichotomy.

What you said about free communication struck a cord with me, though. I
have only been around this woman briefly at parties. She bubbles
effusively and freely when the talk is small and general, but she
changes dramatically when the topic is personal and emotional; then she
seems to change into a sputter, the words flow in short, almost
spit-out, bursts, with perceptible silences between. This is the time
when she will start to intersperse her speech with the sailor-salt I
mentioned above. Does any of that relate to any traditional throat
chakra stuff (I know I should go read this material myself, but it is
so much easier to twiddle it out of those who have already expended
that energy - besides, I get bogged down trying to figure out what is
really being said in the literature sometimes).  Thanks, DAN

=====================================

15 Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996
From: stampmanATNOSPAMix.netcom.com (Daniel Rusch-Fischer )
Subject: Re: From Jule to DAN

YOU WROTE:
Hi:
Just wanted to say that I am so salt sensitive, that I can taste it if
i have too much in my body. Love Jule
================
Dear Jule,
Thanks for the advice. I have found that my salt intake has decreased
markedly - it seems to have a tangy/metallic taste that it didn't
before. BTW, Jule is an uncommon name (if you are U.S.) is that
male/female, nickname?  DAN

=====================================

16 Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996
From: mxoATNOSPAMpyrite.som.cwru.edu (Maimu Alber)
Subject: Sexual energies (Re: Fwd: Re Lady with the throat chakra problem

At 01:46 AM 8/14/96 -0700, Daniel Rusch-Fischer wrote:

>mentioned above. Does any of that relate to any traditional throat
>chakra stuff (I know I should go read this material myself, but it is
>so much easier to twiddle it out of those who have already expended
>that energy - besides, I get bogged down trying to figure out what is
>really being said in the literature sometimes).  Thanks, DAN

Hi everyone...

I just returned from a brief but wonderful vacation with my friend, a
healer, in NM, and I hope you don't mind a slight veer to the right of the
topic.  In addition to all the other  healing work we did, she gave me a
book entitled "The Lover Within" by Julie Henderson.

I just finished it on the plane, and it is absolutely excellent.  It is only
in small part about sex and sexuality, and a whole lot more about simply
learning to live and enjoy life  in energetic terms....it does not discuss
the technicalities of chakra balance, but about energy and how we use it and
how we can make better use of it to be in touch with our bodies and who we
are.  I have copied here for you, the final brief chapter which describes
the book in technical terms.   My friend gave it to me,  because it was
something she found useful while celibate to perceive sexual energy and
desire as energies which we have control over and can allow ourselves to
feel and learn from without having to act on them...(most of the time I
don't act on them, but it turns into "longing" and "loneliness" and all
those other negative feelings which we are programmed to feel because we are
"meant" to unite with someone else....and that can turn into self pity
quickly...  BTW, deciding celibacy removes all this.)

It's $10.95 and about the same size as Chakra Therapy.  It is quite
interesting, particularly in the ways we can learn to "manipulate" our
energy to all situations in daily life to acheive maximum physical,
emotional, and spiritual balance, health, and pleasure.  I plan to
incorporate some of the exercises into my regular morning yoga routine.

 I wonder if anyone else has read it and how you feel about it.

Maimu

>From the final chapter:  A Note on the Structure of the Lover Within

The Lover Within is balanced between formal and friendly intentions, and its
structure reflects that.  Formal structure is based on an Ericksonian model
of layered and partially indirect access to information.  The first, and
most obvious, layer of content concerns the energetic aspects of sexuality,
relationship, and union.  The second level of information is discussed
overtly in part and by implication throughout.  This level is concerned with
voluntary energy distribution, with the relationship of energy distribution
in the body to feeling and behavior, and with how to gain some measure of
choice over how one feels.  The third level of information focusses on
inducing (in the Ericksonian sense) the specific sensations of *being*, as
contrasted with *existing.*  This distinction in the quality of
consciousness is something that can be better taught by demonstration and
induction than explained; for that reason the third layer relies almost
entirely on nonlinear communication.

The topic of sexuality, sexual intimacy, and other possibilities of union
acts as a kind of "grabber," attracting and focussing conscisou attention
and making energy available for the other levels of learning.  The second
layer is most clearly visible in the chapters on "Energetic Habits" and "The
Energetic Breaths," which formulate an approach to chracter and structure in
the energy body.  The third layer proceeds by instruction in the skills of
direct perception of life energy and of voluntary distribution of personal
energies--in daily life as well as in sexual rellationship.  These skills
are then applied to volitional merging and separation of energy fields
between partners, the voluntary creation of energetic dipole and charge, and
the experience of a variety of patterns of energetic union.

The book has the more obvious form of a conversation with the reader.  This
conversation is relatively informal and ranges over a wide variety of
apparent and actual topics e.g., the sources of sexual misery and sexual
pleasure; life energy, generally and sexually; human boundaries in the
context of quantum mechanics; how our energetic boundaries and energy level
effect our reltaionships; our "energetic habits"; what do do about our
boundaries and habits; how to begn to relate to life as a potentially
pleasureable "love affair" rather than a bed of pain.  Dispersed through
this conversation are 63 exercises--a kind of programmed learning series--in
how to experience life energy directly, how to move it voluntarily and with
purpose, to increase freedom and pleasure in being, and to increase the
individual's (or couple's) capacity for charge, excitement, pleasure, and
intimacy with our without sexual intercourse.

The theoretical and experiential bases of the book are drawn from such
usually disparate fields as bioenergetics and somatics, arts, and quantum
theory.  The tone, however, is friendly and practical, so that the reader
should ifnd it possibl with some ease to experience results of increased
liveliness, pleasure, and freedom of choice.

In relation to other disciplines, TLW offers certain particular possible
contributions.  In a transpersonal context, it represents a "re-invention"
of the energetic aspects of tantra.  From a bioenergetic or somatic point of
view, its main interest is an energetic appraoch to character structure.
For sexologiests and sex therapists, it introduces the concept of charge as
a factor in sexual desire, excitment, and pleasure and offers some effective
means for working directly with charge in treatment.

    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather......
    Not screaming and crying like the passengers in his car did.