Date: Thu, 8 Aug kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 81
1
From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Wondering! The dream about your daughter being blind

Her dream is likely referring to the knowing that comes from intution and not
from sight. When we are receiving from inner sight it may appear to her that
her human eyes are blind. They are blind when it comes to going beyond the
illusion. It is really a positive dream if she doesn't take it literally.
Gloria

2 Date: Thu, 8 Aug
From: mxoATNOSPAMpyrite.som.cwru.edu (Maimu Alber)
Subject: Re: Yes, I know its about sex again or kind of.

Hi all,

Before I address George's concerns, I'd like to say that I'm new to this
list, and don't really have much in the way of introduction.  I'm not even
sure what you mean by "awakenig of kundalini" which you all have seemed to
mention since I've been lurking.  I see a lot of posts refer to it, but I
have yet to read of anyone having some event happen where they've said,
"Aha!  That's my kundalini...the darn things finally awoken!"  I mean, so
many of you make it sound like you know what's happening...and frankly, I
don't.  All I know is that something's going on, and it's spiritual and a
large  part of it is becoming awrae of the energy connection inside of me.

I have had a spiritual awakening over the past couple of years that has put
me onto a path of new meaning.   It has manifested itself by dreams, much
synchronicity in terms of people being put into my path who I desperately
have needed to be there, complete emotional deconstruction and destruction
of my former God beliefs, my mind and heart opening up to new things, my
willingness to be able to accept things that were previously unacceptable,
my life and lifestyle changing through my conscious and unconscious choices,
and many more chances on different levels of my being.

I have begun energy work and healing of many things that block me, and am
looking more and more for like-minded people to share with and get support
from, as I have had to change many friends in the process.  I stick with
supportive people.  That's why I'm on this list, to find out if there are
supportive people here.

At 08:41 PM 8/5/96 -0700, georgev wrote:
>What to do with lust. The buddhists say or I gather it is: "just notice
>it." I did this. I couldn't get the the area of changing the lust into
>love although I know how to do that too. When I am horny I just want to
>have sex yet I also notice that the "just want to have sex" might cause
>more suffering then the momentary sexual bliss.

If you are talking about suffering to someone else, then go solo.  However,
Over the past couple of years I have had experiences that have brought me to
the realization some things  are keeping me distracted  and from fulfilling
my spiritual potential.  It is a commitment to the fulfillment  of this
potential which has brought about some choices in my life.

One of those commitments was made only recently, that of celibacy....and I
don't mean just sex acts with others...I mean thoughts, fantasies and all of
it.  I believe that I can control all of it but the emotionis, and I'm
working on that as well, to minimize the control they have over me.   It's
all connected with sexual and spiritual healing and learning discipline,
which I have absolutely none to speak of.  Oh, I'm not very active sexually
anyway, but it sure seems to hit me hard when it does.  Over this past
weekend I met someone with whom I connected all the way across the room...it
was strong, I'm telling you.  And I know it was mutual, because later he
came over and sat by me and we chatted a bit.  I mean you could almost cut
the sexual tension with a knife.  Had this been different circumstances than
the formal meeting we were at, we would have been at each other in a minute.

It was some powerful stuff.  On my way home (an 8 hour drive) I had plenty
of time to think about it. I found myself wondering when I'd see him again,
if I'd hear from him (we had exchanged info)...I'm pretty sure he's married,
but I was already thinking maybe he's poly and I could justify an affair
with him...etc., etc....and the fantasies just really started going.  I mean
I was getting sexually excited just thinking about it...and I can do a
number on myself with that stuff.

And then it hit me.

I was doing it again.  It felt so familiar, like I've been here so many
times.  It's the he thing I do to myself so often that messes me up and
detracts me from my goals.  And I started doing some real examination of
myself on my way home, and went through my history in my head about a lot of
my sexual stuff since I was a kid.  And in the end, I realized that it
wasn't a sexual thing at all...but something that I still carry over into
sexualtiy, and that is the "looking for love" thing.  I remember distinctly
ending up on the streets as a kid, when all I wanted was someone to hold me,
thinking I could get it from men.  I was never held at home, I was never
told I was loved, always criticized, beaten.  This never happened when I was
involved with anyone sexually, but the opposite was true.  And I came to
realize that sex is a really powerdful emotional thing for me...an emotional
*need*...that when it comes to sex, I take emotional hostages trying to get
what I want...and I'm so desperate to get it, that I lose sight of it all.
I've often wondered why I have a hard time with sex physically...and I
beleive this has something to do with it...that sex isn't a balanced
physical/emotional thing for me...it's all emotional...and I'm so busy with
the love part of it, that the sex part of it gets buried and shut out.  I
have still not, over all these years, reconciled the two.

Man...it was one revelation, I'll tellya.  And I didn't know what to do
about it, because these feelings were still so strong for that
individual....and I thought some more....about how we connect with some
people and don't with others in that way...and I've heard it called
"chemistry" and "lust" and all that stuff...and I thought about how it's an
energy thing...how I felt their energy from across the room...you know our
spiritual auras extend 25 feet out in radius, right?....and I thought of it
as a spiritual connection...and you know the funny thing?...the more I put
spiritual and energic terms onto it, the better I became able to distance
myself from it...and the pull wasn't so great...and the understanding became
better...and I recognized that while I felt  his  energy coming at me, that
my own kundalini energy was doing a number on me as a result...

And I also realized that this is the way it's supposed to be...and it is
healthy..and there is nothing wrong with it..but what is wrong with it is
that I cannot recognize it for what it is....I see it as a door that opens
to be able to lose myself in *love*.....that my need to get lost in that it
has to be acted on...that I have to do everything I can to satisfy it, this
fundamental need I have....when all it is is energy flowing...and in the
past I've always gone for it...and often made a mess of things... my two
marriages were based on acting on that...there were many years I wasted
there....

Well, it's too late to make it short, but I guess where I'm at, is that
through all that, I not only came to an understanding of what's going on,
but as a result, I also lost the *need* to act on it...even lost the desire
to fantasize on it...because how does one turn the knowledge that it's
merely the natural flow of energy into a fantasy?  I couldn't do
it....because this put the responsibility entirely on me....that the other
person was not responsible or a "co-conspirator" in this feeling...it was
mine alone to do with what I needed to.  And by recognizing that, I also
recognized that such feelings *can* be controlled...like my therapist tells
me...and that by gaining a solid spiritual perspective, I could control it,
not act on it, and actually grow from it....

So, I decided that since I had control over it, and could thereby actually
see it for what it was, that I also saw how much of my life is distracted by
it...time taken up by it...how I abuse myself with it...how I don't take
care of my body...my mind...my spirit because of it...

And I figured that it was one of the areas of discipline that I need to
greatly work on...and so I decided on the celibacy....this way, when those
feelings come up, rather than just give in as I have so often, I will
actually have to make an effort each and every time to see it for what it
is,  energy, and take proper steps to grow spritually rather than give in to
carnal cravings which I see in some other twisted emotional terms.....which
has done nothing but cause trouble for me all my life....

In any case...that's where I'm at.  I feel like I took a giant leap in some
areas of my healing...sexual and spiritual..

And in just the last few days, I have already felt a freedom I haven't known
before....I don't have to think about my next fling or romance, but can
concentrate on my meditation, my goals, my healing process...I don't have to
think that when I meet someone, how they are in bed, or whether or not I'm
attracted to them, because it simply doesn't matter for another year...so
why even start the mental gyrations over it?.....

Then again, the last week hasn't been long enough for me to really feel too
horny yet, so let's see what happens when I do...I figure it will be the
real test of my discipline...  :-)

>As for other emotions I am learning to just note all of them. I have
>felt that if I try to push away enotions that I felt were "wrong" that
>they would just come back when I least expected them.

There is no such thing as wrong emotions.  Emotions just *are*.  You are
right when you say that pushing them away brings them back.  In some
circles, that's called "repression" and in all circles it is unhealthy.

Keeping myself
>noticing and up with the idea of right action opened my Kundalini
>before. I was aware to notice my choices and pick the ones that create
>the less or no suffering to myself or another.

Sounds more like a determination whether to live in the higher or lower self.

>I also not my awareness from my meditation. I must note everything as
>it is so that I do not become clinging to the illustions that are.

 I got my hands on this really good tape for meditation.  It's a Taoist
Healing Imagery tape by Ken Cohen, and addresses correct posture, breating,
attunment to nature, mental states, and flow of energy.  I particularly like
the first side of the tape, which is on Tan Tien Breathing, which stimulates
the internal energy reservoir, and Three Tan Tiens, which is contemplation
of energy centers, parallel to the hara, heart, and third-eye charkas.  The
goal is to line them up in balance through visualization and breathing, so
that the end result is alignment of the three Tan Tiens, which brings a
balance of sexual energy, breath, and spirit.

Maimu

    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather......
     Not screaming and crying like the passengers in his car did.

3 Date: Thu, 8 Aug
From: mxoATNOSPAMpyrite.som.cwru.edu (Maimu Alber)

> [...]

 I got my hands on this really good tape for meditation.  It's a Taoist
Healing Imagery tape by Ken Cohen, and addresses correct posture, breating,
attunment to nature, mental states, and flow of energy.  I particularly like
the first side of the tape, which is on Tan Tien Breathing, which stimulates
the internal energy reservoir, and Three Tan Tiens, which is contemplation
of energy centers, parallel to the hara, heart, and third-eye charkas.  The
goal is to line them up in balance through visualization and breathing, so
that the end result is alignment of the three Tan Tiens, which brings a
balance of sexual energy, breath, and spirit.

Maimu

    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather......
     Not screaming and crying like the passengers in his car did.

4 Date: Thu, 8 Aug