Date: Sun, 21 Jul kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 62
1
From: Jim Cook
Subject: The Encounter

   Suddenly, Some Cosmic Energy
   Some Subtle Entity
   Touched me like Shadows

   Blondie

2 Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996
From: PRuighATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: The Encounter

Lost in vibrations of the Goddess's love.
Immobile as waves from her eternal ocean
Flow endlessly in streams of unimaginable
Glory, bliss, anandam.
The body quakes and quivers as delight
Courses through the subtle channels of
Ecstatic wonderment.
Glorious lava flows upward to the splendor of inner
light
In the fireworks of ananda.
A shell of pulsating prana
Bursts in my brain as a grand finale
That goes on and on,
Even after the orchestra stops.
Shanti,    Pam Ruigh
by Pamela M. Ruigh

3 Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996
From: hyperATNOSPAMhmt.com (HyperMedia Technologies)
Subject: Gurumayi

Well, hello.

Recently I have been studying Muktananda's teachings and lineage. So, I
decided to take a drive to South Fallsberg, NY, (2.5 hour trip from here)
where the main Siddha Meditation ashram is and meet Gurumayi, the current
transmission point of this lineage.

This ashram ,which is actually several buildings spread over a large area
of hills, (Catskill Mountains) is one of the more beautiful places I have
been to. The food, the environment, all excellent. They even have regular
food in the restaurant like pizza and fries. No meat of course, but plenty
of choices.

There are lots and lots of practitioners, especially on weekends. but the
residents of the ashram are exceptionally well organized and are able to
handle the large crowds.

If you want a two word description of Gurumayi it would be 'lovely' and
'radiant'. She's a 'way cool' lady. She has an incredible sense of humor. I
like that.

She gave a talk Saturday morning and then she gave Darshan to everyone.

She's going to be at the Ashram all summer and fall, so if you can get
there, you won't be disappointed.

They give 2 day intensives in which they do Shaktipat initiation and wake
up Kundalini. I'm planning to sample one in either August or September. I
have never received Shaktipat from a woman before. I'm told there is no
difference as Shakti is Shakti, but I'll let you know.

There is no quicker, easier, or better way to awaken Kundalini than
receiving Shaktipat from a Shakti master. Shakti is like a flame. You can
light an infinite number of candles from a single candle and never diminish
the original flame.

Just be extremely discriminating about who you receive Shaktipat from. Be
extremely thorough in your research on the person and their lineage, and
don't ever forget the Shakti master is a human being too.

 A yogi told me in the 70's that if you are in human form, you are subject
to all the weaknesses and frailities of being a human being no matter who
you are. He told me this after I saw him get very angry over the fact that
they were short on the rent money that month.

Imho the Siddha lineage is a good, solid, strong lineage. But, check it out
for yourselves.

One amusing travel anecdote:

I made it to within 10 miles of home (150 mile trip) yesterday, and my
timing chain blew.

I had such a great time at the ashram, I was laughing as I walked two miles
down the highway to find a phone to call AAA for a tow.

I was thanking the car for getting me as close to home as possible, rather
than cursing it for breaking down with only 10 more miles to go. (Ok, I
cursed it once) It could have broke down 1 mile from ashram, instead of in
familiar territory.

The day before, (friday) we had torrential downpours. Yesterday was
beautiful, so my walking 'highway meditation pilgrimage' was actually quite
pleasant.

Best to all of you.

Martin

4 Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 09:14:
From: ijuster
Subject: Burning- remedy?

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to pass along something that has worked for me.

About 1 and a half months ago I started taking 400 mg of magnesium citrate.
I did so for relief from my migraines. I had done enough "internet"
searching on migraines to learn that magnesium is vital to nerves and can
help migraines.

Well it didn't help my migraines, although I can't say I have given it a
long trial, but I have seemed to notice a significant decrease in the
burning I have been experiencing. I am very heartened. And hey--I have taken
so many remedies, I am the first to notice when things don't work!

At this point, I would say that I am at least enthusiastically pursuing this
further, despite my disbelief that anything would ever help.

Just wanted to share this minor victory.

Best, Patti