Date: Sun, 14 Jul kundalini-l-d Digest	Volume 96 : Issue 51
[1] From: kashiATNOSPAMlava.net (David A. Katz)
Subject: A Final Message Before I Go

Dear Eveyone,

    This will probably be my last message to the group (a great cheer goes
up from the crowd!).  I have waited and waited for someone, anyone, to take
a stand with me on this issue but noone has.  To say I am in the minority is
far more than an understatement.

    My decision was made for me after reading Debee's ' View' message.  It
is clear that most if not all of the listmembers share this View.  It is a
view which I will sum up here in less glowing terms than Debee used:

                    "Close your eyes and it will go away."

    No need to close your eyes all.  I am going away.  Enjoy your freedom.
May it lead you to God's Bliss.  I have nothing but love for all of you,
though sharp disagreements with some.  Disagreements are not the death of
love.

    I have learned much from this list, from these discussions.  I have been
inspired and guided.  This discussion group has rekindled in me a degree of
the spiritual fire which has been burning very dimly of late.  I am
eternally grateful to you all for this.

    That being said, I must reiterate that I cannot and will not stand by
and mutely witness a celebration of neutrality.  The spiritual path is the
last place one should practice neutrality on matters of principle and
practice.  While this method worked for your daughter, Debee, in her
circumstances at the time, it does not work on the Path to God.  There are
rules that must be followed.  The rules are few, but they are set in stone.

    In Vedanta it is said that one should not even let ones eyes fall upon a
member of the opposite sex, lest it inspire the thought of sex.

  And I remind you all that the greatest proponent of non-violence in recent
memory, Mahatma Gandhi, stated he never stood for "passive" resistance or
passive anything.  There is a time when one must stand up and shout, "No,
you are wrong, you are going the wrong way."  That is what I have attempted
to do here.  This notion of "live and let live" and the erroneous conclusion
that everyone's opinion is valid astound me.  And my amazement has grown
with the gadual awareness that I am alone in this view on this list.

   You see everyone, when I joined this list, I thought I was among people
of like mind.  It has taken me a while to realize otherwise.

    To those I have offended, my sincerest apologies.  Interestingly,
nothing has been said of  my having been offended.  But this goes hand in
hand with the notion that anything goes except, God forbid, guidelines.  Oh
no, you are all saying, we musn't have any guidelines for our discussions.
Let us wander any and all random by-ways on our search for God.  They are
all roads after all, and who would dare say "this one leads to heaven, but
this one does not"?  Well, I dare say it.  And if my knowledge of the Path
is not welcome here then I will go on alone.  It is very strange,  you are
all crying out for a map to paradise, but when someone shouts "you are going
the wrong way" you are outraged.

  I will linger for a while (like a bad cold).  But I will contribute no
more.  And, in a few days, even the lingering will end.  If any of you would
like to keep in touch, please do.  My e-mail address is   kashiATNOSPAMlava.net

  God bless you all with an ever-increasing awareness of His/Her Light and
Joy within your hearts.

                                  With Sincere Gratitude,
                                  David

[2] From: denise clausen