Date: Wed, 10 Jul kundalini-l-d Digest	Volume 96 : Issue 43
[1] From: Iver Juster
Subject: Re: Introduction / Chi Theory

Dear Steven,

You invited comments. I hope it is okay if I disagree?

I have been practicing and teaching Tantra for 9 years and am very familiar
with Mantauk Chia and the Taoist viewpoint on ejaculation control.

It is indeed a tantric viewpoint. However, please be aware that Tantra
itself is a broad field and includes many viewpoints. My viewpoint is that
everyone can determine for themselves what they find that works best for tehm.

>My theory:  the more Chi you lose, the easier it is to lose more.  this
>can be a negative cycle.  the more Chi inside, the more the muscles and
>the subtle energy network has to exercise, and therefore the stronger it
>gets and the better it is able to move the energy around.  This can be a
>positive feedback cycle, and is greatly preferred to shooting it off.

To me, this is very dogmatic. WE teach that the more you give, the more you
have to give.

I am suspect of theories of any kind. THe universe is adundant. Why hold on
in a miserly fashion? Share it, celebrate it. You'll make more believe me.

>As a man, I believe it is very important to save the Chi... at first, with
>your partner, perhaps you can 'ration' it off... (e.g., come every third
>time, or something), gradually tapering it off.  Tantric sex requires
>great discipline, there is no doubt... but the richness of the rewards are
>worth it!

 I like to experience things for myself. Now I am not a man, but I know lots
of them. Some men enjoy your approach, others enjoy different ones. I
shudder when people make blanket statements about what everyone else should
do. Not all Tantric sex teachings say that, just your teacher, and some
others. It is not a standard fixture of Tantra. Just a branch, a school...

>I am extremely interested to hear feedback on this theory, and discuss
>this matter with anyone interested.  Sometimes I feel that it's hard for
>some people to discuss these important issues, but it should not be such.
>We are humans, and this is part of how we work.  So lets talk!

I have ALWAYS thought there was something sexist about this...like, it is
okay for women to ejaculate, but not men, because men's stuff is so
important, they need to hang on to it?

Sorry, I have always thought this about that.....and I know many many men
who have been thrilled to hear that Tantra itself does not say that. Tantra
is a celebration of all that is, an acknowledgment of the divinity of life,
it says to be here now, for now is all their is. Past and future are created
in the now. Energy is divine, sex is divine, spirit is divine, all that we
do  is divine. That includes your way of thinking, of course, as well as the
opposite. To hold on for the future rewards, hmmm....? TO play with energy,
well, I guess that part sounds like fun.

Best...(hope we can be friends anyway), Patti

[2] From: Richard Satin
Subject: Web site will be down

Dear Listmembers,

The kundalini web site will be down Saturday and Sunday from 1 am to 6 am
CDT (+5).  During this time, you will be able to access the European mirror
at
http:// www.telebyte.nl/~frans/kundalini

Richard
--
libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com     http://www.execpc.com/~libra/
The pure in heart will avoid the struggles, detour the tar pits,

[3] From: Frans Storms

Hello Steve,

>Practicing non-ejaculation requires such incredible discipline, and yet I
>am very aware that this is the key for the male to remain healthy and to
>become even more sexual virile as time unfolds.  Thus, I have been using
>the various 'locks' (root lock, for example) to learn to control the
>gateways... to turn the red rose upward, etc.

I often had the experience when making love it's not difficult to
'practise non-ejaculation' at all, i find it almost natural...
Upon entering (hmmm, words) a woman there's such a nice, soft 'this is it' kind
of feeling that when i folow it i almost become immobile with gratitude,
and let my partner do the work. A few minutes more of this feeling and
all kinds of fantasies and wishes i have about sex disappear. Just
tenderness and gratitude... And the thought of moving into the running
for an orgasme seems a sheer stupidity, i almost forget about it.
Sometimes it happens and very strangely it feels as if the body is
coming... there's a definite difference with a willed, selfmade orgasme.
Mostly i don't come...and feel very nice (oh words!) when it's over.
There might be 'some pain in the balls' but it's worth it. Am i alone
here? I sometimes talk about this subject (mostly with SOME men) but little
reckognition... Frans.

[4] From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com
Subject: Re: short K overview

Would you be kind enough to share with us where you found those descriptions?
To this day, I found books with yoga and meditation exercises for kundalini
-it says we shouldn't attempt those exercises without supervision from a
master-, I found a book with the physio-kundalini symptoms, but nothing that
truly gives me indications on the flux and reflux of energies and the meaning
of such and such symptom happening in us. I bought traditional eastern books
and I still have to put it all together in my head in a "logical" pattern.

Most symptoms are happening from my neck up now. Still constantly feeling
energies in the crown and brow chakra, pressure on the skin of my face on
each side, near the ears. And now I have this something in my throat, like
something is stuck there. I know it has a meaning, I just don't know what. My
breathing is somewhat shallow. However, I feel at peace most of the time.

Why do I skip my yoga sessions these days? It's true that we're going through
a deep cleansing process, and it's like I've been given a different point of
view of everything.

How do you put some order in your head, with all that we have to learn? The
more I learn, the more I know there is more yet to learn. There is a sea of
data floating in my head right now, waiting to be organized. Maybe I want to
much too soon.

Thank you.

Love to all.

>Just found the following gem
>
>" Within every human being lies a divine energy called Kundalini. This
>energy has two aspects: one manifests this worldly existence, and the other
>leads us to the highest truth. The mundane aspect of this energy is
>functioning perfectly, but the inner aspect is dormant, sleeping.
>
>When the inner Kundalini energy is awakened, it sets off different
>processes of yoga within us, and leads us to the state of the Self. This is
>why there is no knowledge more important than the knowledge of Kundalini."
>

>I also found a beautiful description of spontaneous kundalini kriyas
>(cleansings) which I will post shortly. Even though kundalini manifests
>differently in each individual, there are many commonalties.
>
>Many of you who are having strange effects are actually experiencing
>spontaneous kundalini kriyas. The descriptions I found parallel many of the
>postings, which is why I am going to post it to the group. There is nothing
>to be afraid of. Kundalini Shakti is intelligent, but unfortunately your
>boss and co-workers may not understand what's happening to you.
>
>Best to all of you,
>

>Martin

SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

[5] From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: i have dreams to remember

John,
That dream experience is very much the kind of consciousness dream that your
soul will put through to awaken you to your spiritual reality. That dream
showed you that life appears to be black or white, but it goes far beyond
that to spirit. In this case the yellow triangle most likely represents your
solar plexus center being the room which you live in at the present time. The
important thing is that one, you were flying and recording the experience,
which means you were detached enough from the illusion to perceive the truth,
and two, you are able to bring the information down in a pretty clear form.
Congratulations, thats an important step. Do get a dream journal. I've kept
one since 1968 it is amazing to look back ten or twenty years to what was
already clear. Gloria

[6] From: Stevie

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Iver Juster wrote:

> Dear Steven,
>
> You invited comments. I hope it is okay if I disagree?

Of course!

> I am suspect of theories of any kind. THe universe is adundant. Why hold on
> in a miserly fashion? Share it, celebrate it. You'll make more believe me.

Goind point... it's just a subjective impression that I have had,
personally, that if I give myself completely there is less there to give
later.  Holding on to it all would indeed be a miserly fashion to go about
things, and my partner enjoys it when I come inside of her... I am simply
beginning to experiment with alternatives to what I have done, and have
noticed objective changes in my energy flow.

> Some men enjoy your approach, others enjoy different ones. I
> shudder when people make blanket statements about what everyone else should
> do. Not all Tantric sex teachings say that, just your teacher, and some
> others. It is not a standard fixture of Tantra. Just a branch, a school...

"Anyone who makes a blanket statement is a fool..."

> I have ALWAYS thought there was something sexist about this...like, it is
> okay for women to ejaculate, but not men, because men's stuff is so
> important, they need to hang on to it?

Woah there... tiger.   All I can do is bounce this back at you...

-steve

[7] From: Mary Knapp

I would recommend the Shared Transformations newsletter for the
esplainations you requested.  It has served me better than all the books I
read on kundalini and the chakras.  Every issue has much of value, so be
sure to get the back issues.  They are both informative and comforting.
There is a web page with ordering info.

Mary

[8] From: Iver Juster
Subject: introduction/Chi theory

I guess I may have overreacted to the post. (Sex and religion in one topic-
whew!!!)

I apologize, and wish to clarify.

1. When a man (or a woman, for that matter) learns to circulate the orgasmic
energy throughout the body, it can be a profound, amazing, wonderful
experience. Many men have not had this experience as they have always been
goal oriented about sex. Once they learn to go into present time, they begin
to feel the energy and it is fabulous. (Frans talked poetically about this
state.) It has nothing to do with whether or not one ejaculates.

Chia says that it is the withholding of the ejaculation is what makes things
feel so good. How can you compare yourself when you withhold vs. when you
don't?  It seems more a matter of how high the man was able to go,
orgasmically, that relates to how he feels immediately afterwards. Also
important, in either situation, is whether he has been properly put back
into his body by his partner.

It is possible to be in this orgasmic state, and then to ejaculate. One does
not mutually exclude the other. Perhaps the non-goal-orientation and focus
on feeling is what really is providing such a wonderful experience.

In the song of Mahamudra, the great(est) classic Tantric text, Tilopa sings,

(Mahamudra means total orgasm with the universe. Millions and millions of
times deep, miliions of times high, is Mahamudra, a total orgasm with the
whole. It is melting into the source of being.)

"The void needs no reliance
Mahamudra rests on naught. (there is nothing that needs to happen or be done)
Without making an effort,
but remaining loose and natural,
one can break the yoke--
thus gaining liberation.

Any  method that involves loss prevention does not feel Tantric to me. Loose
and natural means to let go, go with the flow, whatever feels in synch.
What is natural is to ejaculate, as evidenced by millions of years of people
doing this.

Male orgasm can be extended before climax, *and* orgasm can be extended,
beginning with ejaculation rather than ending there. So clearly extending
the path leading up to orgasm can be pleasurable (many do this on their trip
up to higher and higher levels) and we teach how to do both among other things.

2. Men's semen is completely regenerated in an average of 20 minutes. There
is no limit on supply, usually just physical response, after a while.  In
terms of extended orgasm, beginning with ejaculation, a slow, steady flow of
semen, rather than spurting, can continue for hours.

3. I have heard lots of superstitions about this subject. Like that men must
ingest huge quantities of selenium and vitamin e to make up for what they
are 'losing'. After a while, I just laugh at the silliness people have
around this topic. The focus on loss, not pleasure. So typical of our
pain-oriented culture.

4. I have always felt Mantauk Chia was sexist (a gut reaction I have always
had) though I am not an expert on his teachings. Are they saying that semen
or even repressed semen is kundalini? I think energy coming from the base of
the spine is k, but that is a different thing, that all people possess.

Feeling we have extended this conversation quite a bit. Thanks already for
your friendly reply to first post. Next time, perhaps we should talk about
politics?

Patti :->

[9] From: georgevATNOSPAMeor.com (georgev)

From: Frans Storms
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 22:49:06 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello Steve,

>Practicing non-ejaculation requires such incredible discipline, and
yet I
>am very aware that this is the key for the male to remain healthy and
>become even more sexual virile as time unfolds.  Thus, I have been
using
>the various 'locks' (root lock, for example) to learn to control the
>gateways... to turn the red rose upward, etc.

I often had the experience when making love it's not difficult to
'practise non-ejaculation' at all, i find it almost natural...
Upon entering (hmmm, words) a woman there's such a nice, soft 'this is
it' kind
of feeling that when i folow it i almost become immobile with gratitude,
and let my partner do the work. A few minutes more of this feeling and
all kinds of fantasies and wishes i have about sex disappear. Just
tenderness and gratitude... And the thought of moving into the running
for an orgasme seems a sheer stupidity, i almost forget about it.
Sometimes it happens and very strangely it feels as if the body is
coming... there's a definite difference with a willed, selfmade orgasme.
Mostly i don't come...and feel very nice (oh words!) when it's over.
There might be 'some pain in the balls' but it's worth it. Am i alone
here? I sometimes talk about this subject (mostly with SOME men) but
little
reckognition... Frans.

I have noticed that there can be many types of orgasms since we all
have a a 3 body relationship (physical body, mental body, and spiritual
body) there might be other places to experiment in the meditive/visual
mental/spiritual body. I have done this in a creative way to create
ideas for my photography and make love in my mind. I helps me to test
out ideas before I try them out.

It kind of works like this: in your meditive state bring sexual states
in and notice them. Allow yourself to react to them but don't try to
push them away.

A sexual vision comes up and you are part of it and then you are the
observer. Imagine if this was like virtual reality. You have the chance
to become both the people making love and also a disimbodyed guide that
guides the people making love. You have choices in which ways you want
to orgasm.

I find energy orgrams or mental/spiritual orgasms the most fun becasue
they can create energy that can be converted for other uses. Even
having sex as a mental/spiritual vision can help you with energy in
your dayly working life. Sexual energy is very creative.

georgev from Seattle, Wa

[10] From: georgevATNOSPAMeor.com (georgev)

From: Mary Knapp
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 08:21:24 -0700 (PDT)

I would recommend the Shared Transformations newsletter for the
esplainations you requested.  It has served me better than all the
books I
read on kundalini and the chakras.  Every issue has much of value, so be
sure to get the back issues.  They are both informative and comforting.
There is a web page with ordering info.

Mary

How do I get Shared Transformations newsletter?

georgev

[11] From: Stevie

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Iver Juster wrote:

> Perhaps the non-goal-orientation and focus
> on feeling is what really is providing such a wonderful experience.

Well put... seeing it as a journey with many sights along the way instead
of as a trip to a certain location, a certain feeling waiting there.
Exactly.

> 2. Men's semen is completely regenerated in an average of 20 minutes. There
> is no limit on supply, usually just physical response, after a while.  In
> terms of extended orgasm, beginning with ejaculation, a slow, steady flow of
> semen, rather than spurting, can continue for hours.

Wow... do you have a reference for that?

Thanks for clearing that up, Patti.  This is a great forum for
discussion...

-steve