Issue 35
 [1]: From: Karol Ann Barnett
Subject: Re: Magnetics

Good point, Royale.  Always err on the side of caution.  But in my case,
I needed to try something, so it worked nicely for me.  The alternatives
would have been much more serious, I believe.  Thanks, Karol Ann

> As to magnetics, yes i belive that in the right mode they can be very
> helpfull for relieving pain as i tried it with rare earth solid magnets.
> However, there are several different forms of magnetic energy depending on
> how it is produced and what kind.  Therefore i would be careful about  which
> one i tried.  I read two books on the subject by well known authorities
> before i would even try the one i did.   I have known people who got worse
> from them also, so i say be careful.

 [2]: From: Ostin
Subject: Spirits.

Einstein , Podolski and Rosen conducted an experiment proving that
everything in the Universe is in some fundamental way connected with
everything else in the Universe.
This can be likened to a hologram where the image of the whole is contained
in every part. Supporting the basic philosophies of the far east. All is
One. At the same time Einstein proved that matter and energy are
interchangeable. What this translates into in practical terms is that every
thought , every image conjured up in the minds eye exists in a very real way
even if only fragmentarily. Images that are thought upon by more than one
being and are continually given "energy" soon start to gain "mass" albeit in
most cases of a very fine nature. Somewhere , Goofy , Mickey mouse and Pluto
are Very real.
As for Evil , Good and indifferent Spirits - Yup - there are just scads of
them. For the most part they impinge on our frequency / Plane not at all.
There are some that do - especially on the astral planes. If a group of
people create a myth/image and feed it energy long and hard enough - then it
starts to become all too real and can have some very serious consequences
for those that lend it credence and belief. Hence - Why Voodoo really does
work. By the same token enough folks feeding a positive image long and hard
enough can combat a negative image. That's enough for me - whew too deep.

Disclaimer : All thoughts expressed above are without any warranties or
guarantees and if you use them do so at your own risk.

TTFN.
Time flies like an arrow , Fruit flies like a banana.

 [3]: From: Melissa Ann Fornof
Subject: K and dreams

I don't know if this has anything to do with the moon cycle or not, but
since about a week before this last full moon and (so far) a day after, I
have had strange dreams I remember relatively well, whereas I usually
don't.  I'm certain they all concern Kundalini in some way or another.
Some are beautiful; others bordering on nightmares.  One I have told you
of.  Another, I dreamed a large, snake-like creature had it's fangs
imbedded in my cheek, and I had to literally tear off part of my face to
get it out.  Yet another, I heard a strange, eerie, growling type of
noise I thought was a wounded animal.  Went to investigate in the dark;
the dog scared it off before I could see it.  At very early dawn, when
still nearly black, my whole family went searching.  Saw pieces of
something scattered all around.  I think I somewhat controlled this
dream, because I kind of knew in the dream it was an animal torn to
shreds, but no one went to look at it.  (I would be particularly
horrified at such a scene.)  My brother said he thought the Chupacabra
had been there.  (That is a mythical/possibly real creature that looks
part the typical alien description, part dinosaur, and part other
animals; perhaps human.  Heard about it/ saw drawing of it on Unsolved
Mysteries--supposedly fast, vicious, animal vampire creature, possible
threat to humans--very scary.)  I then knew the strange sound I heard was
a creature undergoing metamorphasis--only into a bad thing rather than a
good thing.  I have had a dream specifically about metamorphasis before,
only it was very positive.  These are the two main bad dreams I've had
this last week I still remember. (besides the electricution). Also, I've
had some beautiful ones.  I now only remeber one, and then only parts of
it.  The main thing I remember of it is there was this beautiful Indian
tapestry attatched to a raggedy old curtain.  On the floor, next to the
bed, (right next to the tapestry) is the same basic design as the
tapestry.  It is made of gold and silver, and breathtakingly beautiful.
The vast majority of the design is a large, thin, snake coiled many
times.  There are also lion's heads and birds (doves, perhaps) as well as
other creatures on it.  I am showing my husband how the floor design is
very similar to the tapestry attatched to the old curtain, only more
deatailed and beautiful.  It was an extremely peaceful, loving,
comforting, and beautiful dream.

I have had a rash of both types of dreams in the last week or so.
Interpretations of these summaries are more than welcome.  I also wonder
why so many are happening now--does it have to do with the moon cycle?

I also have had two very curious dreams I wish to talk about, but I must
retire now.

Love to all, Melissa

 [4]: From: Richard Satin
Subject: re: spirits

Patti wrote:

> Isn't it interesting that the people
> that fear evil spirits are also the ones that seem to be hounded by
> them?

I have noticed that with time, the "darker" manifestations have seemed to
fade away.  At the same time, I really am not aware of any residual fear -
although that was definitely present at the start.  Very interesting, Patti.
..  Has anyone else had this experience?

Richard
--
libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com     http://www.execpc.com/~libra/
We often visited Ellen's homeland, where our children had no

 [5]: From: The Psy-kick Worrier ov Gaia
Subject: trained to avoid being authentic?

Karol Ann Barnett wrote;

> I'm working with those concepts now and the more I
> study it, the more I see how we are trained to avoid being authentic in
> this life.

So much training, so much training!

I can remember having a very animated, *authentic* discussion in class when I was about
6 with a friend of the same age. The teacher punished us for talking too much by making
us sit in front of the next class; humiliation! I still can't remember what we were
talking about but it was about this time that I began to realise that I was caught up in
a sort of web of deceit through pride. That my elders had lost the plot but were too
vain to admit it. I think this was an early time to realise this. It has caused me many
problems through looking for somewhere to place blame. For a while I even placed that
blame on myself. With more mature years though this pain begins to mingle with love and
the perspective of the universal mind. Its almost like I have been grieving for the
society I have been born into. It is a wonderous thing to bring this into closure.
My spiral path sweeps around to where it began and flows onwards into a new orbit.

Sensing, feeling and knowing.

Barney

 [6]: From: V487ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: K and dreams

Hi:

"Chupacabra", was memtioned in a previous post and that's more in my area.

If you ever want to see a picture of it then go to  the home page of Artbell.

http://www.artbell.com

Talk to you later,
Von

 [7]: From: V487ATNOSPAMaol.com

Hi: Richard

>Your reply was interesting to Patti about he ghost just fading away.  From
my own experience and as mentioned in a previous post I just tell the ghost
to "get the hell out of here right now"!. Then they just leave immediately
and never come back.  This is the same technique that many people dealing in
this area use also.

Take care,
Von

 [8]: From: Gordon Held
Subject: Self Realization Fellowship Course

In a recent posting I asked for referrals to beginning information on k
and was gratified to receive so many thoughtful and complete replies.

Several of them suggested a correspondence course by the Self
Realization Fellowship.  I have no URL or address for them.  Can anyone
provide any details.

Thanks.

Gordon

 [9]: From: The Psy-kick Worrier ov Gaia
Subject: Higher/Lower?

Iver Juster wrote;

> References have recently been plentiful to the higher and lower
> chakras, and of course the superiority of certain higher chakras over
> other lower chakras.

> Speaking from my own experience, the concepts of 'higher' and 'lower'
> sound like the product of patriarchal thinking.

A reality surfing soundbite (names changed):

	Ben says to Mark in a discussion, "Well, I'm sorry if I havn't reached your
	higher plane of understanding :-\".

	To which Jane added, "There's no up and down in space!".

	And then quick as a Swift Brian said, "And in space no one can hear you scream
	:-] !".

[10]: From: pettyATNOSPAMjpp-ws.sharpwa.com (John Petty)
Subject: Re: Niles and Gloria

Hi Karol Ann,

Most people have no idea how fragmented is their personality or psyche.
I believe that we are born whole and that during the socialization process
we split off all those things that are not acceptable, not to mention
those parts which aren't welcome by mommy and daddy.  These split off
parts don't go away, they just go into the back seat as it were, and
continue to drive us from outside our field of awareness.

Shadow work is very difficult and painful, but it is a necessary first
step on the path to wholeness.  When we finally turn around and see
what is in our back seat it really pops the balloon of our ego.  Then
the long process begins of gathering up our parts one by one and
bringing them into the light with love and patience.  At first they
are quite unruley and fearsome, like wild monkeys, but after a while
they come around and reveal their gifts.

I sometimes think of the metaphore of a team of sled dogs.  Put a wild
monkey in each harness and then say Mush!  It wouldn't be a pretty sight
as they all try to go in different directions.  A master has all his
parts working in unison.  When he says Mush! they all pull in the same
direction.  In this there is power.

I'm glad to hear that you are involved in this work.  I remember a point
several months ago where I went to a Jungian meeting while experiencing
deep rage.  I felt fully connected to an internal source that just
happened to be extremely pissed off at the time.  I remember looking
around the room and watching the others interact and communicate.  As
I did so, I saw how their truth was deeply buried under layers and
layers of socialization.  By the time anything reached the surface it
had been modified, sterilized, twisted, and stripped of any power or
significance.  It was as if their interactions were like grains of rice
which landed lightly on the mind and then fell to the floor having no
effect.

I'll now get down from my soapbox.  Thanks again for the feedback.

Sincerely,
John
				-------------
> John,
>
> I really enjoyed your comments about your men's group and the seeking of
> truth and the shadow.  I'm working with those concepts now and the more I
> study it, the more I see how we are trained to avoid being authentic in
> this life.  We must move toward truth in order for us to reconcile the
> k-energy within us.  So with this one phenomenon -- the k-energy -- we
> have both our task (truth) and the means to find it (kundalini).  Wondrous!
>
> Karol Ann

[11]: From: John Halonen
Subject: Dream of Stars

I had this dream alot and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what it
might mean.

Standing in the kitchen, I was looking out the window into the west sky and
there were some stars and then
a shooting star or a UFO would blaze through the sky.  Next I would find
myself outside staring up at the sky
that was filled with a billion bright burning stars.  They were in all sorts
of patterns such as horses and different shapes.  I would stare up and then
the whole sky would start to spin with all of these beautiful patterns
turning round and around, and it would keep building up speed.
This is how I remember the dream ending.  I would usually wake up
remembering how beautiful the dream had been.  And my energy would
definitely be higher after these dreams.  And I would be like, "I know I'm
supposed to get something from this.  What is it."

Thanks for the help in advance.

John Halonen
halonenjATNOSPAMix.netcom.com

[12]: From: kashiATNOSPAMlava.net (David A. Katz)
Subject: Re: Self Realization Fellowship Course

>In a recent posting I asked for referrals to beginning information on k
>and was gratified to receive so many thoughtful and complete replies.
>
>Several of them suggested a correspondence course by the Self
>Realization Fellowship.  I have no URL or address for them.  Can anyone
>provide any details.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Gordon

Dear Gordon,

    Self Realization Fellowship is one of the best sources of genuine, high
level information about the spiritual path in the world.  Their address is

                  http://www.yogananda-srf.org/

    Do take their lessons!  Wonderful stuff!

                           In Joy & Light,
                           David

[13]: From: dexterATNOSPAMu.arizona.edu (H. Jack Dexter, Ph.D.)
Subject: Swan Song

Dear all, my posts are long, but very infrequent.

I have been reading the multitude of letters coming through this list for
about two weeks now.  I probably will not stay with you here for very long,
but I thought I'd leave one of my own before moving on.  First, I'll tell
you of my experiences.  I profess no expertise in any of this.

While slogging through my doctoral program, I was much disgusted with the
process, with my course of study,  with the exceptionally dry literature--so
much so that I rebelled a bit and began reading the things I liked to read
(e.g., spiritualism, environmental protection, wholistic living, religion).
My wife also loves to read these sorts of books and we had long deep
discussions about what we read.  The effect of this immersion was that I
began feeling extremely unified with the world.  My mindset was one of
constant devotion and concern for the earth and the spiritual role it, and
I, played.  When I say constant, I mean for a while every waking hour was
infused with awareness and appreciation for what was provided--my body, my
wife, rain, air, food, ants, the cat--everything.

One night during this period I awoke to some incredibly powerful
electric-like pulses that ran through my being.  I had experienced these in
the past, but never to this intensity.  Something told me to "relax" and
allow the energy to work.  The moment I did so the pulsing stopped, and I
exploded with an exquisite coolness--as if my body were hollow and then
filled with a blast of fresh clean air.  I heard a very loud rushing sound
and had the sensation of super-speed motion.  At this instant I also became
"aware" such that my mind felt incomparably clear.  It was sort of
all-knowing except that I was so startled that I could only think--"this is
it!"  What "it" was, I'm not sure.  The thought destroyed the experience an
pulled me right back into a waking state.  It was supremely moving. I knew
nothing about kundalini at the time.  I know next to nothing now.  Recently
I've learned to willfully raise my inner energies through yoga-like
practices, but it's mostly my intuition that's guiding me.

Why do I tell you this?  I guess to hook you into what I write next.

One of the spiritual struggles I wrangled with for a long time was with this
idea of detachment and meditating on nothingness.  I couldn't figure it out.
 How could  clearing my mind of all thoughts have anything to do with
raising my consciousness?  I think I'm beginning to understand now and
perhaps this can help others who are also struggling with this seeming paradox.

Now that I've had a tiny taste of being a part of the whole, I can
understand how any mental activity prevents that state.  I liken it to my
computer link to the Internet.  If the Internet is the cosmos, where
everything is purely energy, then my computer itself prevents me from having
any direct experience of it.  Everything arriving on my screen (waking
consciousness) is first processed through my Internet host-modem-cpu -video
card before I can have any idea of its existence.   In Internet cosmology I
long to "merge" my consciousness with the Net -- not plug in --, because
plugging in automatically creates a state of separation (that which plugs,
and that into which is plugged).

Obviously I cannot merge my being with the Internet, but I _can_ become one
with the Divine.  This means I must give up thinking about how to do it,
because that thought turns into an act of separation.  It may be that
anything having to do with words, no matter how intense the desire for
spiritual unity, prevents the unified state.  Words are mental constructs
(likewise wordless visualizations and desires, even prayer).  In a nutshell,
what I am beginning to understand is that my meditations are not about
"nothing", because that in itself is a mental activity.  Rather the
meditations are *nothingness*, in order to dissolve every aspect of
mentally-based awareness.  By eliminating all mental activity I become that
which is not mental--but which is pure self-aware, all-knowing energy--
something I was blessed to taste.

What does this have to do with kundalini and this group?  I think it brings
a note of concern and perhaps awareness of where words can lead us.

I joined this discussion group out of a growing interest in what kundalini
is and how kundalini relates to personal spiritual transformation.  Looking
over the many posts I see a great deal of mental activity going on.  There
is an intense focus on "symptoms" of kundalini and what to do about them.
The idea of having an "experience" is also apparently very important.  I
think there is some usefulness in these types of discussions, but I sense we
tend to go overboard here.

By focusing on the physical and mental manifestations of an essentially
spiritually-based phenomenon, aren't we playing right into the hands of the
ego, which finds full spiritual awakening dangerous?  Sure I had an
"experience" myself, but it has taken me three years of trying to recreate
that experience to understand that in doing so I had transformed it into an
object of mental desire--which removed any chance of it happening again.

Our culture places a great deal of value on the individual and on individual
experience.  Culture (as in Western Culture, or Eastern Culture--not the
opera) is the most base and basic form of consciousness in my estimation.
Cultural values color every discussion including my own.  But the "I" framed
through cultural membership is the antithesis of the "I am" of spiritual
unity.  As soon as we feel compelled to demonstrate our membership in the
kundalini "club" with our knowledge or questions we have accepted the mantle
of mental activity and stepped away from emotional purity (i.e.,
unconditional love and acceptance--including of oneself), which I think is
the power of kundalini and the cosmos.

One trick is to recognize the ultimate illusion of our need for group
membership. Do we seek personal validation from others?  Do we thirst for
knowledge?  When we can weigh our needs against a larger spiritual purpose
we can see if our participation is constructive and transforming, or simply
an ego-driven ruse to keep the mental in high gear and in preeminent
conscious position. The validation aspect has always been graciously and
Divinely given, but the ego keeps us blind to this truth.

As you can see, I am struggling greatly with the importance of self and
meaning within this physical state.  I am also struggling to learn to
release any importance my mind wants to give to bodily movements, ticks,
pains and moments of ecstasy, because giving them significance is probably a
deceit of my ego, used to draw me away from the spiritual state.  I employ
one axiom to try and keep it all in perspective:  Fear is illusion within
the eternal state of unconditional love.   I am trying to learn to give no
importance to the raising of kundalini or its symptoms, but to accept
whatever occurs as the natural outgrowth of a life becoming attuned to the
loving energy out of which it all is manifest.  I think what kundalini is or
does follows its own appropriate path within this context.  That's all...my
best to you.

Jack

[14]: From: Karol Ann Barnett
Subject: Re: Last night's k-energy

Did anyone on the list experience an extraordinary kundalini rush or
strange symptoms of any kind just before-during-or after sleep last
night or very early Tuesday morning?

Karol Ann
cybarnetATNOSPAMaccessnv.com

[15]: From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

Well, weren't you the lucky one. I was raised with priests who were only too
happy to scare you with the devil when you were only 7 years old. How could
you not be afraid of spirits when you were a wee child? I sure was and I
denied them most of my life.

But now I'm well over them, but I sure needed some time for adjustment. Why
don't you tell us how you did all this as a mere child, Gloria?

Love to all...

>Snowbird,
>I think you were one that had a problem with the way I speak directly, but
>there is no other way to speak about this. I saw spirits since I was a
> child,
>almost all the time. I was taught how to read them while out of the body,
> so
>that when they attacked me, which they did, I wasn't afraid. I have had so
>many experiences in this regard that I can only tell you it is indeed a
> part
>of the astral plane. But, we are going to the astral plane, that is why I
> am
>talking about the heart center. The heart center takes you beyond the
> astral,
>but you need spiritual help to make that step, which is why you develop
> that
>connection to divine will and the Holy Spirit. Kundalini is another name of
>the prana, lifeforce, it is a great power which helps to transcend the
> lower,
>but if you are in the lower, you have to consciously move through it and
>beyond. The solar plexus and the third eye opens one to the psychic, that
> is
>also why you need to be heart centered before opening up the eye, and then
>you aren't so manipulated by them. Gloria

SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

[16]: From: kashiATNOSPAMlava.net (David A. Katz)
Subject: mail failed, returning to sender

>Snowbird,
>I think you were one that had a problem with the way I speak directly, but
>there is no other way to speak about this. I saw spirits since I was a child,
>almost all the time. I was taught how to read them while out of the body, so
>that when they attacked me, which they did, I wasn't afraid. I have had so
>many experiences in this regard that I can only tell you it is indeed a part
>of the astral plane. But, we are going to the astral plane, that is why I am
>talking about the heart center. The heart center takes you beyond the astral,
>but you need spiritual help to make that step, which is why you develop that
>connection to divine will and the Holy Spirit. Kundalini is another name of
>the prana, lifeforce, it is a great power which helps to transcend the lower,
>but if you are in the lower, you have to consciously move through it and
>beyond. The solar plexus and the third eye opens one to the psychic, that is
>also why you need to be heart centered before opening up the eye, and then
>you aren't so manipulated by them. Gloria
---------------------
Gloria,

    My most profound experiences of the Divine have all been centered in

solar plexus.  First time I heard this validated, thank you.  Can you say

more on the subject?  I always thought these experiences a little tainted

because they were not of the heart, throat or ajna.  Also, how do you suggest

moving consciously through the solar plexus (ahh, what a perfect name

for that spot in the body!  An exploding sun of Light and Joy!!!)  to the
anahat?

Having trouble in this regard,

                     Sincerely,
                     David

[17]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: can't get on list server/experience

Anne,
That initial jolt of kundalini energy really charges the body, mind, and
spirit. But, what actually happens is you are suddenly awake to something
that never existed before, this is indeed a blessing. The challenge that is
now in front of you is to bring your emtotions and thoughts into balance,
eleminate bear, and anxiety, and step out on faith. Do you believe that God
is blessing you? Then follow that faith inside and watch it change everything
in your life. God Bless Gloria