Date: Tue, 25 Jun kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 26
 [1]: From: Royale Jills
Subject: Re: Correct topics of discussion?

       I say what beautiful thoughts!         Royale.

At 11:52 PM 6/24/96 +0000, Niles Rodrick wrote:
>My hat goes off to Patti in agreement.   And while I'm here I'd like to
throw a log on the fire...

>>  Gaze deeply into the shriyantra and see that everything is interrelated
and dependent. Only our ego keeps us separate. Ego, the sense of being I, as
apart from you, is the real barrier to fully experiencing sexual energy and
love. The more solid the ego, the more difficult it is to unite. Were
very attached to our separateness. We love to compare ourselves with
other people; to judge and criticize others; to manipulate and compete
with others; to blame others for our problems.

>>      All these games must be sacrificed to gain  the mystical experience,
...for in union, no one is there... The ego must die so you can be reborn
into higher consciousness. Love only emerges out of the void where ' there
is no I , and there is no other'.
>> 	The most intense experience anyone can have is the sexual orgasm, for in
that moment we transcend to the state of Samadi. At that moment there is no
separation. This one experience is available to all, and for many, it is the
only mystical experience they will ever have.  This momentary glimpse leaves
us with a deep yearning to repeat it, not just for the sexual release,  but
for the truth it reveals. Because in that moment we remember ' who we really
are'.
>> 	In tantra you can extend the climax to many minutes, even hours. The
state of enlightenment has been described as perpetual orgasm. Once you
learn to attain the state in meditation,...sex is no longer necessary. In
orgasm you are at one with yourself, with your lover, with all creation,
...with God. There is no time, ... no past or future. Only ' total presence'
in the eternal now. The breath stops, the mind is empty,  ... and from this
void comes profound love, ... divine joy... and  ...illuminating bliss...

>What say ye?
>
>.-

 [2]: From: Mary Knapp

Dear all,

It seems to me that Freedom is the highest principle of divine Love.  After
all we have been given so much of it.  I for one am grateful for every bit of
it.  I would like to see the list reflect that freedom.

Mary

 [3]: From: Royale Jills
Subject: Unidentified subject!

hi again. tried your home page but said "cant locate, noDNS " etc.  Ill try
again later as it may be busy.   What a coincidence, im a snake also.(albiet
an older one)  It so good to be wise, huh?
Thanks anyway and keep up the good work.  Royale.

 [4]: From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: confession

Melissa,

I once spontaneously levitated after consuming a few drinks.  Scotch, to be
specific. It was my first experience with the supernatural (other than a few
deja-vus).  My thoughts and feelings at the time were very spiritual and
expansive and I do believe it was these thoughts that lifted me and it would
have happened with or without the alcohol.

I have, over the years, come to believe that all chemicals - aspirin,
vitamins, psychdelics, even foods - are mostly tools we use to manifest our
intentions and desires.  If we attribute more power to the chemicals than to
our intentions and desires, addictions follows. I still eat and smoke and
take vitamins, but that is about it.

So about the confession I would say that if the initial experience did not
lead you to see marijuana as its sole source, then just say thank you and
deal with the kundalini in its present state.  Feelings of guilt possibly
come from deeper feelings of unworthyness.  If you see no hierarchy, who
could be more worthy?

Mary

 [5]: From: pettyATNOSPAMjpp-ws.sharpwa.com (John Petty)
Subject: 3rd eye, projection, void

Von,

Thanks for your comments on my third eye concerns.  I decided to forge
ahead and start meditating again using the "hong sau" technique while
concentrating on the CC.  The last few times I've done this I would
reach a point where it was as if a complete circuit would be formed
between the CC and my spine and energy would start rising.  The first
couple of times I got distracted and the process got interrupted, now
I'm trying to relax and extend the experience as long as I can.  Any
comments?

-----

I enjoyed your out-of-body story.  I imagine that I have that to look
forward to.  My process seems to be heading in that direction.  At least
I have this intuition that a lot of the work that I am currently doing
will eventually lead to allowing the separation of the astral and phyical
bodies to occur.  When I'm deeply relaxed it's almost as if I can feel
a movement of the energy body without the physical moving.

-----

Concerning my "sitting in the void", I've never felt that I was frantically
running, but I often look around and it appears that most people are.  I've
been very quiet and introspective for the last few years and have been
spending large amounts of time doing inner-work.  I know that I could be
out partying and living it up like the others, but that is not what I
really want.  Sometimes, though, it gets to me and I feel very alone and
wonder if it is worth it.  Then I decide that it is and keep going.

I have difficulty knowing when to take personal initiative to break through
a difficult situation even though I don't feel any inspiration to do so.
Is heaven waiting for me to act for myself or just working on my patience?

Sincerely,
John

 [6]: From: Mary Knapp
Subject: Re: "cosmic consciousness"

Anna Abbiate Fubini wrote:

> COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS
> STUDY   IN THE  EVOLUTION
>  OF THE  HUMAN   MIND
>
> By Richard  Maurice  Bucke, M.D.
>
> COSMIC   CONSCIOUSNESS        is rightly considered  to be one of the great
> classics of mystical experience  It is not only a powerful  and moving
> book,  it is so daring that, although  written almost  sixty years ago, it
> is still ahead of its time.   A book  of this sort can only be produced
> under  very special circumstances.  Its author  must  be a brave and
> unconventional   man  who has not only the authority of scientific training
> and the prestige of an eminent   position in that world, but also deep
> seated emotional conviction  based upon  personal  experience. Richard
> Maurice  Bucke  was just that man.
>   At 36 he had the sudden and illuminating metaphysical  experience  that
> lightened his life thereafter and led to the production  of this remarkable
> book. Dr. Bucke  claims he learned as much  in the few seconds  that  the
> illumination lasted as he had  in years of previous study, as well as much
> that no study could have  taught him.  Yet it was just an initiation, and
> not until years later, aftermuch  labor, did he understand   its true
> meaning - that  this extraordinary  event was not

I agree with Anna that this is a wonderful book. As an addendum I would
recommend the video *Beautiful Dreamer*.  It is about the relationship
between Bucke and Walt Whitman.  It may not be easy to find but would be
worth the search.

Mary

 [7]: From: Mary Knapp

Anna Abbiate Fubini wrote:
> COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS
> STUDY   IN THE  EVOLUTION
>  OF THE  HUMAN   MIND
> By Richard  Maurice  Bucke, M.D.
>
> COSMIC   CONSCIOUSNESS        is rightly considered  to be one of the great
.
.
.
> meaning - that  this extraordinary  event was not

I also would recommend this book.  I does not deal with the physical
symptoms of kundalini but the spiritual aspects of it.  Also I would like to
recommend a video, Beautiful Dreamer (maybe Beautiful Dreamers) about the
life of Dr. Bucke , the author, and his relationship with the poet Walt
Whitman.  It may not be the easiest video to find, but I think it would be
worth the search.  This film would have particular relevance for those
dealing with loved ones who are mentally ill [ conventionally so ;-) ],
retarded, institutionalized,etc.

Mary

 [8]: From: V487ATNOSPAMaol.com

Hi Mary:

>I once spontaneously levitated after consuming a few drinks.  Scotch, to be
specific<

It's called getting high.  I levitate all the time after a few drinks.  Try
it with a clear mind.

Love
Von

[9]: From: V487ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: 3rd eye, projection, void

Hi: John

Good to hear from you again.  Your on the right track now, full throttle
ahead!

No one said it would be easy.  Nothing  in life that is easy is worthwhile.
You will get out of it what you put into it.

Good luck
Von

[10]: From: Richard Satin