Date: Mon, 24 Jun kundalini-l-d Digest Volume 96 : Issue 25
 [1]: From: CKRESSATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Confession

Melissa,

The way you used pot when you had your first Kundalini experience is the way
"sacred medicine plants" have been used for thousands of years in cultures
throughout the world.  Praying before you used the sacred plant and taking it
with the very deliberate intent to have a spiritual experience puts it in a
very different category than recreational use of drugs to get high or escape
from life.  In our current "war on drugs" collective gestalt, which is very
materialist, drug use of any sort for any reason is condemned.  But there are
proper and improper ways of using and doing *everything.*  You are in good
company of shamans and holy men and women through the ages in having used a
medicine plant in a sacramental manner.

In consideration of the prevalent drug hatred and the illegality of using
such substances, and also the way these "medicines" can drastically
accelerate the process once it has begun, I don't think it would be advisable
to continue this means of "opening the gates."  Another person on this list
mentioned the severe difficulties she endured by repeatedly using LSD as a
gate-opener for her Kundalini.  In cultures where there was lots of
understanding and support for the process, people could afford to "go for
broke" and plunge headfirst into the Beyond, so these drug catalysts could be
used more safely.

El

 [2]: From: Cathy Newman
Subject: My Kundalini Story

Hello,

My name is Cathy.  I'm 46 and my kundalini just woke up.

About a month ago I went to an acupuncturist for pain I was having in
my back and neck.  We began the session by his having me do some
relaxation techniques.  I started crying and crying.  He said that was
wonderful and to let it all out.  I was quite embarrased but he said
just to concentrate on getting all of the saddness out.  The next day I
quit smoking cigarettes.

My next appointment, the following week, he had me lay on the table so
he could work on trigger points.  Again, whenever he touched certain
trigger points I just cried and cried.  That evening I didn't care for
the meat that was on my plate.

On my next appointment he had me lay on the table and did polarity
therapy.  While he was working on me I felt like I was on fire.  It was
this hugh sexual feeling but more....hard to describe.  I got on the
internet as soon as I got home and looked up polarity which linked down
the line to kundalini.  I read and read and tingled and tingled.

On my next apointment I leveled with the acupuncturist and told him
everything that had been changing in my life and about the sexual/
tingling feelings.  I asked him to please explain what was going on.
Turns out he's a Siddha Yogi who has been practicing for 20+ years and
had received shaktipat from Gurumayi in New York a few years back.
He's now my teacher.

I gathered together a packet of materials I thought might help explain
to my husband what I have been going through.  He read everything and,
after I assured him that I wasn't going off to sell flowers in an
airport, he gave me his total support.

The most amazing changes in me are my increased levels of patience and
will-power and new-found capacity for unconditional love.  I'm very
excited about the future.

  Warm regards,
--
  Cathy D. Newman

"The conscious mind is only one-tenth of the mind"

 [3]: From: pettyATNOSPAMjpp-ws.sharpwa.com (John Petty)
Subject: sitting in the void

Help!

I'm 42 and have worked in high-tech for the past 20 years.  I've noticed
that my work has become less and less satisfying over the past few years.
This has also been complicated by the fact that our division is literally
falling apart.  When I was younger, it seemed so easy to just bail out
and go to another company.  Now, when I think about doing the same thing,
I come up with a blank.  It's more than just the company... I just don't
feel any interest in this type of work anymore.

My problem is this:  I'm very unhappy with my company and work, but don't
feel an iota of inspiration on what to do about it.  It's like I'm just
sitting in this void waiting for some guidance and none is coming forth.
Then, when I can't take it anymore and decide that it's time to do some-
thing about it, again I come up blank.  I think and pray about it often.

I know that this can happen as part of mid-life, but I believe that the
Kundalini has amplified it.  Over the past few years I've gotten so used
to being guided and inspired in my personal growth work that now I don't
even want to make a move unless I feel that guidance.  It's frustrating
to be a mature adult and feel so helpless about such a major life issue.

Any suggestions?

John

 [4]: From: Chris Mallette
Subject: Re: Newbie questions

At 01:05 PM 6/24/96 -0400, GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com wrote:
>Chris, Light Bear,
>HI, kundalini manifests in your energy/etheric body in such a way to
>stimulate your higher knowing of your self. Anytime you have light or sound,
>its my personal experience those are direct manifestation of the Holy Spirit.
>It is learning how to work with it that is the challenge so that one actually
>purifies the body, mind, and emotional bodies, while preparing to work in the
>etheric bodies with consciousness. Gloria GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
>

>Thanks, I accept that some part of me ALWAYS understands what's going on,
even if i don't.  Isn't life grand?

love and many blessings

 [5]: From: Chris Mallette
Subject: Re: sitting in the void

At 04:15 PM 6/24/96 PDT, John Petty wrote:
>Help!
>
>I'm 42 and have worked in high-tech for the past 20 years.  I've noticed
>that my work has become less and less satisfying over the past few years.
>This has also been complicated by the fact that our division is literally
>falling apart.  When I was younger, it seemed so easy to just bail out
>and go to another company.  Now, when I think about doing the same thing,
>I come up with a blank.  It's more than just the company... I just don't
>feel any interest in this type of work anymore.
>
>My problem is this:  I'm very unhappy with my company and work, but don't
>feel an iota of inspiration on what to do about it.  It's like I'm just
>sitting in this void waiting for some guidance and none is coming forth.
>Then, when I can't take it anymore and decide that it's time to do some-
>thing about it, again I come up blank.  I think and pray about it often.

I call it free-falling.  Very uncomfortable for us control freaks (I count
myself as one).  But, sitting empty is a very feminine aspect, leading to
birth.  Stay with it friend, the Universe always seems to have an ace in the
hole.

many blessings
light bear, aka chris

>I know that this can happen as part of mid-life, but I believe that the
>Kundalini has amplified it.  Over the past few years I've gotten so used
>to being guided and inspired in my personal growth work that now I don't
>even want to make a move unless I feel that guidance.  It's frustrating
>to be a mature adult and feel so helpless about such a major life issue.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>John

 [6]: From: Iver Juster
Subject: re: Correct topics of discussion?

To everyone:

I guess I may as well contribute this to the group list given that the topic
is up for discussion now anyway, and this is the letter I had sent to
Richard. (He thanked me for my input and encouraged me to repost this.) Best
to all, Patti

>Richard,
>I have been thinking....whilst away on a small vacation.
>
>I am still thoroughly enjoying the k-listgroup every day.
>
>I noticed that lately I have been hesitating before writing anything to
post to the group. I asked myself why?

>I also noticed that it seems like this group is characterized by lots of
people writing in about their k-experiences but staying very strictly to the
subject. As such, there are many new posts, and not a lot of long-threaded
conversations.

>I noticed for myself that when you and Bill(?) in Hawaii came down hard on
the list group for discussing homeopathy that I started editing what I was
going to say, not wanting to offend anyone at all. Also, you are very good
to maintain the list and it really should be the list as you wish it to develop.

>So here is my question, posed entirely respectfully: If conversations are
not allowed to develop, then won't the list become really sterile and
one-dimensional? How can people have conversations on one subject alone?
Isn't it better to have a subject, and infinite sub-subjects related to the
subject? Won't that create a richer experience?

>How long can people discuss symptoms and the meaning of kundalini without
veering off into banned, prohibited side-topics (I believe unconditional
love, for example,  is another one of them)? Where does one draw the line?
How can people get to know one another if everyone is constantly limiting
their discussion to one, very narrowly defined topic? Don't you want some
controversy, etc? Do you think controversy might lead to valuable new
territories related to the k to discuss? At what point do you draw the line?
Is it arbitrary or subjective?

>It occurred to me for example, that I did have an interesting story about
homeopathy and the k. (I went to a homeopathist once and he proscribed
Lachesis, or snake venom. I think that is neat, given the symbology of the
snake to kundalini..PS it helped!)

>I asked my husband and he said it is up to you and I assure you I agree
with him that the listowner should mold the content. So I simply pass this
along as heartfelt feedback. Sensitive people (I am sure there are others
like me out there) may be holding back, and perhaps a clearer definition of
what we can talk about would be helpful.

>In addtion to everything I have said as constructive feedback, I want to
thank you for the terrific job you are doing and the love you are enabling
to get spread with your excellent, clearly successful program. Even in its
current form, its value is obvious and warms my heart every single day.
Thank you very much.

>Best, Patti

 [7]: From: Chris Mallette

I'm very new too.  I didn't know there was a limit to where conversations
flow.  I echo the sentiment, however, that the list is great and will
continue to be great even if it is narrowly focused.  With that said, I
would like to add a hope that things can flow.  I figure if I'm not
interested the trash is real close to my fingertips.

my two cents
light bear aka chris

At 07:23 PM 6/24/96 -0700, Iver Juster wrote:
> [...]
>homeopathy and the k. (I went to a homeopathist once and he proscribed
>Lachesis, or snake venom. I think that is neat, given the symbology of the
>snake to kundalini..PS it helped!)
>>
>>I asked my husband and he said it is up to you and I assure you I agree
>with him that the listowner should mold the content. So I simply pass this
>along as heartfelt feedback. Sensitive people (I am sure there are others
>like me out there) may be holding back, and perhaps a clearer definition of
>what we can talk about would be helpful.
>>
>>In addtion to everything I have said as constructive feedback, I want to
>thank you for the terrific job you are doing and the love you are enabling
>to get spread with your excellent, clearly successful program. Even in its
>current form, its value is obvious and warms my heart every single day.

 [8]: From: Iver Juster
Subject: Follow your bliss

To the person who is burned out and working:

I got more and more burned out working on Wall St. as a trader and money
manager.  For 3 years more I worked there after my awakening 11 years ago.

I felt increasingly depressed and empty. Finally  my husband taught me to
use the pendulum to talk to my deeper self. It (and my deeper self) told me
I must leave Wall St. forever. I was shocked-- I begged and pleaded with the
pendulum to allow me to stay on Wall St., perhaps in another part of the
business. But the pendulum was steadfast. I must leave altogher.

When I asked it what I should do (for I had no other identity) it responded,
spelling out "Kundalini Een". ('Een' means 'eyes' in old English.)

When I decided to listen to it and leave for good, shocking as it seemed, my
depression immediately lifted.

Since then, my path has taken me to a much more beautiful, joyful, spirit-
and love- filled life. I have travelled this path at times in leaps and
bounds, at times inch by inch, and at times, just knowing that I wasn't
continuing in the wrong direction, even if I did feel a little lost. I am
still on this wonder-filled path today.

So I encourage you to go inside deeply and listen to your heart. See what is
truly right for you. Money isn't everything, and peace of mind is priceless,
as is love.

Perhaps knowing someone else took a wild, scary leap and landed happily is
an encouragement.

Best of luck,  Patti

 [9]: From: Niles Rodrick

My hat goes off to Patti in agreement.   And while I'm here I'd like to
throw a log on the fire...

>  Gaze deeply into the shriyantra and see that everything is
interrelated and dependent. Only our ego keeps us separate. Ego, the
sense of being I, as apart from you, is the real barrier to fully
experiencing sexual en ergy and love. The more solid the ego, the more
difficult it is to unite. Were very attached to our separateness. We
love to compare ourselves with other people; to judge and criticize
others; to manipulate and compe te with others; to blame others for our
problems.

>       All these games must be sacrificed to gain  the mystical
experience, . ..for in union, no one is there... The ego must die so you
can be reborn into higher consciousness. Love only emerges out of the
void where ' there is no I , and there is no other'. >       The most
intense experience anyone can have is the sexual orgasm, for in that
moment we transcend to the state of Samadi. At that moment there is no
separation. This one experience is available to all, and for many, it is
the only mystical experience they will ever have.  This momentary
glimpse leaves us with a deep yearning to repeat it, not just for the
sexual release,  but for the truth it reveals. Because in that moment we
remember ' who we really are'.

>       In tantra you can extend the climax to many minutes, even hours.
The state of enlightenment has been described as perpetual orgasm. Once
you learn to attain the state in meditation,...sex is no longer
necessary. In orgasm you are at one with yourself, with your lover, with
all creation, . ..with God. There is no time, ... no past or future.
Only ' total presence'  in the eternal now. The breath stops, the mind
is empty,  ... and from this void comes profound love, ... divine joy...
and  ...illuminating bliss...

What say ye?

[10]: From: Melissa Ann Fornof
Subject: discussion topics

Hello,

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback concerning my confession.  I
guess I felt worse about it than anyone else, contrary to what I thought.
I feel much better now.

I must admit--I was really interested in the homeopathy conversation, and
wanted it to continue.  I think a lot of other people did, too.  But, I
kept my comments extremely short and asked for personal e-mail to keep
from offending Bill or Richard or anyone else who wished to stick to the
K.  Yes, I would like this to be an open forum, where everyone feels free
to talk about whatever interests them--if others also find it worthy of
discussion, it will be obvious, and it would be doing some good to talk
about something interesting to a lot of people.  If noone really finds it
interesting, there won't be much feedback and it wil die.  No big deal.
Nothing to lose!  I'd like to say, "let's use only topics related in some
way to Kundalini"--no discussing cars or what movies you saw
recently--but the K can influence every aspect of one's life.  So there
will be, I'm sure, some things on the list, if open forum, that seem
off-topic.  However, I think most of us will instinctively relate our
subjects to Kundalini.  That's why we're on this list.  So I don't think
we'll really have any problems.  I think everyone will use their common
sense when posting.

That's my thoughts on the subject.

Love to all, Melissa

[11]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Important: Topics of Discussion

It is very easy to get way off of the topic, but it is also wonderful to let
the spirit move things. What kinds of things are they suggesting? I for one
can hardly get through the e-mail I have, I don't know if I can give it more
time. Gloria

[12]: From: V487ATNOSPAMaol.com

Hi: John
>I know that this can happen as part of mid-life, but I believe that the
Kundalini has amplified it.<

Just remember: "Live in the world, but not of the world."

I think everyone can relate to your story.  It's just the life we live in
today.  Money, Money and more  Money.   Around and around until like the
little childrens story the fox chases the rabbit around and around the bush
until they all turn into butter.

There is hope and the hope is inside you and not outside.  Like a wheel
spinning faster and faster until you just fall off..  The quit, blissful  and
peaceful spot is in the middle of the wheel and that wheel is you.

I was going to end now, but wanted to relate a short story for you as it
might help some how .  Most of my life I was being pushed this way and that
way.  Working on bids, writing spec's and chasing commission.  Money did not
come to me easy,  only high blood pressure and hypertension.  Every one said
slow down and take it easy, but I had to be number one.  Every one wanted
more and more.  The more I did the more I had to do. People wanted this done
and that done. I was a chicken with it's head cut off.  I never slowed down
to think as there was no time left.  Then for one whole year I was out of a
job. I just stayed home watching the soap operas.  Very slowly I started to
think.  I could never think before. Now I had nothing to do, but think.
 After the year was up I learned how to relax and how to meditate. How to set
back and think and control the circumstances in life.  The meaning is this.
 If you learn how to just relax and think things out you will then see that
most of the world is spinning off the wheel, but you are now in the center
with full control.  Step back become detached and look at yourself.  I was
about your age when I went though this so it's about time for you anyway.

Good luck,

Von

[13]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com

John,
I would suggest accepting where you are, and add if it is your will that I
should go on to something else open the door in a way that I will know it is
your divine will for me. That generally works wonders. Gloria And then let go
of it.

[14]: From: kashiATNOSPAMlava.net (David A. Katz)
Subject: Topics

    I think Richard is right about restricitng the topics to those directly
related to kundalini.  Homeopathy, while relevent to dealing with symptoms,
is not what this is all about.  If this was the Kundalini Symptom Hot Line
then OK.  On the other hand, ANY meandering into the areas of Love, Joy,
Bliss etc should be considered 100% on topic.  What  else is k all about if
not these longed for states of consciousness?

    Suggestion:  if a person has a question they need to discuss which DOES
NOT focus on the phenom. of K (not symptoms, phenom.), on the desired states
of consciousness k awakens, on how to awaken it, etc - for ex. homeopathic
treatment of symptoms - allow them to bring it up and ask for responses
solely to their e-mail address.  EX:  "my lip is twitching uncontrollably.
Help!"  Response should go to that person alone.  On the other hand (got
alot of hands eh?) the exploration of a SPIRITUAL EFFECT of the k, like
seeing the Light flashing with eyes closed, is a definite, broad based and
relevent on-topic pt. of discussion.  Its interpretable as "a step along the
path", rather than "boy does my foot hurt".  One helps and guides and
inspires the rest of us while the latter merely distracts from the wonderous
unfoldment we're undergoing.

   Anyway, there's my .0325 cents worth, or lack of worth.  By the way, my
right big toe started twitching yesterday...

[15]: From: Melissa Ann Fornof
Subject: re:topics

Concerning David's post:  Lip twitching and some other things ARE
symptoms of K--just maybe not as common--and should deserve the same
treatment as others.  If anyone asks for help with something, unless they
ask for it to be done personally, I think suggestions should be posted
for all to read.  Others may benefit from the advice, too.  I have had
lip vibrations and did not think it was at all K until others mentioned
it too--therefore I could read advice to one person about it and use it
myself, whereas otherwise I never would have gotten it.  Giving
suggestions for one person can help a lot of others on the list, too,
without everyone having to personally ask for help with the same thing,
and others having to send out the same suggestions personally over and
over to different people.  (My thoughts.)

Love to all, Melissa

[16]: From: Cathy Newman
Subject: [Fwd: Fwd: Food and Kundalini]

Richard Satin wrote:

> By adopting only satvika food from the beginning, the awakening can be
much more gentle. Also, 'toxins' (from the more evolved body point of
view) present in the raajasvika and taamasvika food are eliminated from
the body by various violent means like diarrhea, vomiting, bad smelling
sweat. >

Richard,

  Thanks for the food information. My face broke out really bad and I
hadn't had a blemish in years!  I knew it was toxins coming out of my
body.

--
  Cathy D. Newman

[17]: From: Royale Jills

At 06:37 PM 6/24/96 PDT, Chris Mallette wrote:
>At 04:15 PM 6/24/96 PDT, John Petty wrote:
>>Help!
>>
>>I'm 42 and have worked in high-tech for the past 20 years.  I've noticed
>>that my work has become less and less satisfying over the past few years.
>>This has also been complicated by the fact that our division is literally
>>falling apart.  When I was younger, it seemed so easy to just bail out
>>and go to another company.  Now, when I think about doing the same thing,
>>I come up with a blank.  It's more than just the company... I just don't
>>feel any interest in this type of work anymore.
>>
>>My problem is this:  I'm very unhappy with my company and work, but don't
>>feel an iota of inspiration on what to do about it.  It's like I'm just
>>sitting in this void waiting for some guidance and none is coming forth.
>>Then, when I can't take it anymore and decide that it's time to do some-
>>thing about it, again I come up blank.  I think and pray about it often.
>
>I call it free-falling.  Very uncomfortable for us control freaks (I count
>myself as one).  But, sitting empty is a very feminine aspect, leading to
>birth.  Stay with it friend, the Universe always seems to have an ace in the
>hole.
>
>many blessings
>light bear, aka chris
>>
>>I know that this can happen as part of mid-life, but I believe that the
>>Kundalini has amplified it.  Over the past few years I've gotten so used
>>to being guided and inspired in my personal growth work that now I don't
>>even want to make a move unless I feel that guidance.  It's frustrating
>>to be a mature adult and feel so helpless about such a major life issue.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>John
>>

>>to John;   Iknow what that feeling is like but im very glad that i am an
astrologer.  Because it really does provide good guidance. (not perfect).  I
practice sidereal astrology, which is different from the usual modern day
stuff but very similiar.  I dont recommend the average astrology however.
If interested please e-mail. I can direct you to books.  Royale