Date: Fri, 21 Jun kundalini-l-d Digest  Volume 96 : Issue 21
 [1]: From: Pat Welsh
Subject: introduction

I don't recall receiving the FAQ when I signed up for this list, and have
just found out about the digest format--as well as the list of the
introductory questions.

My apologies (in advance, and at present--you know who you are!) for not
being a good correspondent.  My only email access is at work, and I don't
have time to read all the messages I've filtered into a special
folder...When I get the address to the Subtle Energy Medicine organization
(ISSEEM)--"re: migraines"--I'll post it to the list...

>1. Name
S. Patricia Welsh

>2. Age
Turning 40 on August 11th

>3. When did you first become aware of kundalini in your life?
>4. How long ago was this?
"First" incident = 15 years ago.  But started reading about Oriental
mysticism 22 years ago

>5. What are some of the things you have noticed?
Migraines--which are now "every other" day.  Need glasses.  Calf-cramping
while in bed.  Electrical jolts through various parts of body (*sometimes*
in the "proper" kundalini sequence).  At age 16+, diagnosed as having
"schizophrenic tendencies"--have been in therapy/on medication, on and off
since age 10.

Balance and coordination problems--though *these* symptoms began the morning
after giving birth to my daughter (age 15-1/2).

Believe that I, my daughter, and the guy I live with are UFO Experiencers.
Many paranormal events.  Affect street lights, tv, and phone; probably
computer & car.  Can't wear a watch.

Hypersensitive!  Finicky eater; finicky about what fabrics/colors I can
wear. Over-sensitive to noise, light, violence.  When I'm *not* in
physical/emotional pain, I make a diary entry--because it's so rare.  (But
then, I consider myself an empath: who *pulls off* yucky vibrations off of
strangers, etc., as my way of promoting World Peace--and those energies get
"stuck" in me: hence my migraines/weakness/nausea.)

Attracted to alternative healing therapies (had *a lot* of polarity energy
balancing & Network chiropractic; have been taking flower essences, some
herbs, and drinking pyramidized water for 15 years; tried acupuncture for
the migraines.  Attracted to pyramid devices and crystals.)

Some telepathic rapport with animals and "millennium children."

Can't wear jewelry--including barrettes--as they, literally, fall off me.

On * some* occasions, have successfully sent healing energies (but *unable*
to heal my adoptive father/ adoptive mother or various injured animals).
Appx. 8 years ago, a master dowser stopped trying to register the extent of
my aura when he got to 150'.

Can't use dowsing tools.  Most divination tools stop "speaking" to me (then
again, I'm OBSESSIVE).

To "cope" with the pains of this earthly existence, I now drink wine/take
analgesics (and sinus medication) on mostly a daily basis.  I'm also taking
anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication.

I SWEAT a lot! (have thought I've been in menopause for the last 12 years).

During sex, there is sometimes an Energy *Exchange* with my partner.
Sometimes his penis will get "zapped" with energy from inside me...

Get "overwhelmed" in groups (esp. when audience is interested in the
paranormal)--usually get a migraine/have to "flee."

My throat chakra is "blocked" (in fact, had 1/2 my thyroid removed: benign
tumor) and, therefore, pretty much Hate To Talk.

Was "black sheep" in my (dysfunctional) family--very lonely.  "Un-hip."

>6. What has changed/is changing in your life?
Following my Guidance--which led me to pursuing alternative healing
therapies (sometimes I've believed I was dying), as well as joining
meditation/UFO groups.  Etc.

Eight years ago, I wrote a term paper on how the mass media handles UFO
stories--and that research led to my current obsession (I think
*everything*--including kundalini--is UFO related).

>7. Do you have any particular practices that you have found helpful?
Resisting suicide.  By *surviving,* and keeping diaries--and reading--I find
blessings/validation sometimes: like this mailing list.

>8. Are you involved in any service to others?
Yes: being the "empath."  Writing a newsletter ["Life Is Flux (Evolution &
Dross)"--even though following my Guidance has led to declaring
bankruptcy...].  I'm the secretary in a group called Women With Ambition,
sponsored by The Bottomless Closet charity.  Part of my Mission, I believe,
is to be a lecturer on UFOs (or: helping humanity come to grips with that
paradigm shift).

>9. What are you hoping to get out of this list?
I always introduce myself to a group this way: "I'm NOT 'group-oriented.'"
Therefore, I don't know how long I can "stay" here.  But, for the time
being: your commentary on physical symptoms, etc., has been Most Helpful.
Thank you!

S. Patricia Welsh,
Program Assistant
Northwestern University
General Services Administration
633 Clark Street, Crown 1-223
Evanston, Illinois 60208-1121
phone: (847) 467-2465
fax: (847) 491-5600
e-mail:

Crown 1-223
Evanston Campus 1121
(847) 467-2465
e-mail:

 [2]: From: "Debee L. Thomas"
Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!

> I guess your reply was in reference to my message about the waves I feel in
> my face. I thought about that too and I tried taking anti-histamines and not
> taking antihistamines, I tried desensitizing the mucous membranes with a
> cortico-steroid spray, I tried homeopathic rremedies. There is no difference.
> I still feel the movement when  I'm in a sitting or supine position. I first
> thought it was caused by my sinuses, but the pattern sometimes follows some
> energy I feel from the emotion centre up to the neck and then in the face.
>
> The weird part is that energy going through my teeth and the feeling
> something is pressing against my skin on the left side of my jaw.

This had very good timing.  I myself just went to see a doctor today.
The first time in a very long time.  I've been having a great deal of
pressure in my forehead and it feels at though my eyes will literally pop
out of my head.  I've also been having off and on trouble with my right
ear hurting a lot at times and my left a little too.  I just figured I
was having a sinus infection or something due to the sinus.  I left the
doctor a bit confused because he could find nothing wrong.  No
infections, nothing.  He said that the muscles in my jaw area and around
my face were inflamed and to take aspirin.  Yes, my jaws ache but
inflamed muscles?  After reading the above message it makes me wonder all
the more about Kundalini and if its not responsible.

Blessed Be

Debee

 [3]: From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com (Viviane Brisson)
Subject: Re: stuff

I forgot to mention the lip movement. When it happens, it feels like a smirk.
And the first vision I mentioned in another post happened just like yours,
like a movie projected against my closed eyelids. The second one I was
prompted to look at the ceiling and I really saw it there.

I sometime have trouble falling asleep because I see this white stroboscopic
light flicking in the left corner of my closed eyes, sometimes it can seem to
be coming from over my head.

I also experienced during some relaxation sessions the feeling someone was
pinching my left big toe or was pushing a nail through it.

I'm still amazed at the synchronicities in all our cases. And you're right,
it's somehow reassuring.

> [...]
>always just assumed it was it a visualization of the Kundalini running
>through my head.  I don't know anything for sure.
>
>It sure is a comfort to me, seeing other people describe Kundalini
>experiences that are similar to mine, although I have not read of them.
>I thought the lip thing, the gray screens, and this white light from
>seemingly out of the left eye were strictly my own experience, or just my
>imagination.  Then I read of others with the same things, and my jaw
>falls open.  But, I am glad.  Now I can say with conviction, "it's not my
>imagination!!"
>
>To Niles Rodrick,
>
>A writer and poet by nature, I loved your poem.  It had special meaning
>for me.  It shed some new light on a lot of dreams I've had lately, and
>since Kundalini began.  I have dreamed I was pregnant, had a new baby, or
>that my own son (now 14 months old) was undergoing a metamorphosis.
>Although my "Dream Dictionary," which helps decipher dreams, has always
>seemed to say I was undergoing some major change or spiritual growth in
>my life, I never really made the connection until I read your poem.  Now
>the dreams really make sense to me.  I guess I needed another writer's
>perspective.  Thanks.  The poem was beautiful.
>
>Now I've got a real weird point to make.  I read in a new-age book once,
>just before Kundalini, that most people have had past lives; and that
>some people in a past life made an oath of poverty; which is why some
>people today cannot get out of poverty.  Well, I don't subscribe to the
>past life theory, but I am open to the possibility.  At any rate, my
>family has always been on, under, or near the poverty line.  Even after I
>got married and had a child of my own, this is the case.  We recently
>invested in a too-good-to-be-true-but-this-is-our-best-chance investment,
>via credit card (we're both in college-they almost FORCE you to get a
>card in college), and we've since learned that company is under
>investigation.  We got took for $500 we couldn't really afford.  Does
>anyone have any insight on this?  What about the "poverty oath" made in a
>past life I read about?  I'd like to hear your comments.
>
>By the way, more than one person, I believe, has mentioned needing a
>"strong foundation" before deliberately trying to awaken Kundalini.  What
>do you mean by this?  What do you suggest for those who want to?  How do
>you know which teaching or path to follow, with so many out there, if
>your intuition isn't a strong enough guide?  Please, I need all the input
>on this I can get, for both me and my husband, who has never experienced
>Kundalini, but rather wants to.
>
>Thanks to everyone on this list.  All the suggestions have been helpful,
>either by showing me what TO do or what NOT to do, or by letting me know
>there are options for me to try--I don't have to follow a specific
>book.  However, that may be what some people need.  That's why I ask some

SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

 [4]: From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com (Viviane Brisson)

I did consult several times over the years. My allergies are at most +1,
mostly +1/2 which is very mild and my sinuses are free of infection or
anything else. To compare, my daughter's allergies are at +4, which is
severe. I take  antihistamines anyway to prevent the stuffy feeling. So I
can't determine for the moment the exact meaning of this.

The man who gives me reiki treatments told me that people who do chanelling
feel something like that in their faces. Melissa told about feeling like a
face pressing against hers. Could it be something along these lines? Just
throwing this one in for the sake of discussion...

Love to all.

>From: "Debee L. Thomas"
>Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
>
>> I guess your reply was in reference to my message about the waves I feel
> in
>> my face. I thought about that too and I tried taking anti-histamines and
> not
>> taking antihistamines, I tried desensitizing the mucous membranes with a
>> cortico-steroid spray, I tried homeopathic rremedies. There is no
> difference.
>> I still feel the movement when  I'm in a sitting or supine position. I
> first
>> thought it was caused by my sinuses, but the pattern sometimes follows
> some
>> energy I feel from the emotion centre up to the neck and then in the
> face.
>>
>> The weird part is that energy going through my teeth and the feeling
>> something is pressing against my skin on the left side of my jaw.
>
>This had very good timing.  I myself just went to see a doctor today.
>The first time in a very long time.  I've been having a great deal of
>pressure in my forehead and it feels at though my eyes will literally pop
>out of my head.  I've also been having off and on trouble with my right
>ear hurting a lot at times and my left a little too.  I just figured I
>was having a sinus infection or something due to the sinus.  I left the
>doctor a bit confused because he could find nothing wrong.  No
>infections, nothing.  He said that the muscles in my jaw area and around
>my face were inflamed and to take aspirin.  Yes, my jaws ache but
>inflamed muscles?  After reading the above message it makes me wonder all
>the more about Kundalini and if its not responsible.
>
>Blessed Be
>
>Debee

SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

 [5]: From: V487ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: New stuff

This kundalini is an intelligent force.  It is the most powerful force thats
known.  If any one went through the experience  they would not ask why are
their lips moving or twitching and things like that?

If you are not ready and if the kundalini is forced to awaken then your in
big trouble. On the other hand many people are ready, but just needs a little
small push or the right word.

I would like to hear from people on your mailing list.  What is your opinion
on giving out the technique to awaken this force and opening of the third
eye.  There are always some people that just want to play around and then
might find them selfs in one of the mental hospitals. This is very dangerous
stuff.

You are all searching or you would not be on this list.  You will see many
books on the subject. Books are just books.

 [6]: From: Saverio Di Sensi
Subject: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

In 1986 I had a fatel car accident,I say fatel because I flat lined .
To make a long story short,I began having alot of amazing experiances,
So I went to live in a Ashram for three years where my reality became even
wilder and more magical!  can you Relate

 [7]: From: kashiATNOSPAMlava.net (David A. Katz)
Subject: New stuff

   Regarding the free access of all to techniques of kundalini awakening - I
believe there should be totally free access by all, for all.  Who are we to
say who is ready and who is not?  I remember a story from one of Ram Dass'
books about how his guru was approaching a very drunk disciple.  This
disciple was screaming insults at the Master and telling him to get away.
The other disciples present were about to beat this drunkard when the guru
told them to stop saying, "You see only the outside.  This man is really a
great saint."  And shortly thereafter the man gave up drinking and fell
deeply in love with God.  It smacks of self-righteousness and arrogance for
us to say "You may have the key to the doorway to God, but you, you may
not."  And so what if some go over the edge into madness, psychosis?  Where
is our faith in God when such things happen?  Does anything occur without
the divine hand?  Clearly, the responsibility for all of us began with God
and stays with God, no matter how important we may deem ourselves.  If
madness is His decree, then so be it.  But for many, it will not be madness
as in insanity but madness as in mad love and joy without limit, without
boundary.

 [8]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com

Debee,
Those symptoms sound very familiar while I think a lot of strange things have
to do with kundalini, it still manifests as physical stuff. The one you are
talking about was for me a severe allergy situation. I became allergic to my
environment, you know the more sensitive you get, the more things that are
added to this. Check it out with an allergist, especially if you have pain in
your jaw and around your teeth, I take anti-histimnes to stop the swelling.
Again kundalini causes swelling in very strange places. Gloria

 [9]: From: Jim Cook
Subject: Not To Worry

   Hi, Everyone,

   Almost everyone who is experiencing an awakened Kundalini
   will have involuntary muscle spasm's, shaking, twitching, and
   sometimes strange and bizarre, sudden body movements.

   In the world of "Yoga" These manifestations are commonly known
   as ( Kriyas )

   Here is " Swami Muktananda's" definition of "Kriya"

   A gross ( Physical ) or subtle ( Mental, Emotional )
   Purificatory movement initiated by the awakened Kundalini.
   Kriyas purify the body and nervous system so as to allow a
   seeker to endure the energy of higher states of consiousness.

             Here is an all purpose mantra from our good friends in Tibet
                        In times of stress, pain, fear, confusion
                        And any unwanted emotion.
                        Also for times of joy, bliss, giving thanks
                        Or, just wanting to have a good day.
                         Repeat This mantra over and over
                         until the desired results have come about.

                                  OM MANI PADME HUM

     Bye for now,

     Jim

[10]: From: freedom1ATNOSPAMjuno.com
Subject: Newbie questions

I am a complete newbie to this list, and pretty much a newbie to the
whole subject of kundalini.  My knowledge of kundalini consists of
browsing through a few books, plus reading some of the information
available on the web site.  I have *not* experienced a kundalini
awakening of my own.  My main question, to all of you who have, is:  Is
this something I would *want* to experience?

The idea of opening up such a powerful source of energy is highly
appealing to me.  However, most of the personal experiences I have read
do not make it clear whether the experiencer considers it an overall
"good" or "bad" thing in their lives -- just that it is something they
have to "deal with."

I would like to ask those of you have had a kundalini awakening if you
are glad it happened to you.  If you could choose, would you rather it
*not* have happened?

BTW, I am currently enrolled in the course of lessons put out by the
Self-Realization Fellowship.  I understand that after one has taken the
basic lessons, which cover meditation and related subjects, one can
elect to be initiated into kriya yoga, which (I think) aims at awakening
the kundalini.  That was not my reason for starting the lessons, but it
will be interesting to see if that's where they lead.

-- Stephen

[11]: From: Royale Jills
Subject: re;query

Hi. saw your post. Ive beengoing through  this off and on for many years and
even though my experience was abad one it was mostly because of my friends
and familys negative reactions that it was.  The experience itself was worth
having and especially if you have help such as a guru it should be a
positive one.
  mine was also difficult because it came as an unknown to me.  Im glad it
happened in retrospect as it was a totally new experience, unllike anything
else.  Royale.

[12]: From: Royale Jills
Subject: hi

was just reading your listing and i was recently thinking and wondering if
ufos were somehow involved?  Ive always been curious as to what causes these
"awakenings", but at any rate it is something above and beyond human intellect.
welcome to the list.  Royale