Date: Mon, 17 Jun kundalini-l-d Digest  Volume 96 : Issue 16
 [1]: From: Mary Knapp
Subject: re: third eye & shaktipat questions

On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, John Petty wrote:  in part

> When I worked up the courage to tell my Jungian analyst about this I
> thought that he was going to fall out of his chair.  Then he asked,
> "Do you know what the next line of "Jimmy Crack Corn" is?"  I stopped
> and searched in vain and finally replied, "No."  He said, the next line
> of the song is:
>
> 	"My master's gone away."
>
> When he said that, _I_ almost fell out of my chair.
>
> I'd never heard of Shaktipat until last week when I read about it in a book,
> but I'd be willing to bet...   What else could explain it?
>
> John

John,
Did you end your therapy shortly thereafter?

Anyone,
A definition of Shaktipat, please.  I never heard of it.  I get the gist
but would like a definition.  TIA.
Mary

 [2]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Anon: Re: Strange skin excretions

Anon,
I had the same thing come to me. Gloria

 [3]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Man with third eye

Carlo,
Sometimes things you don't understand are put in front of you just to see if
your open enough to check it out. Acupuncture and homeopathy work, try it
you'll like it. Acupuncture works immediately, you will know it instantly,
that one is hard to argue with, and the principal of homeopathy works the
same way as a vaccine, or allergy shot. Not to hard to experience either.
Gloria

 [4]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: migraines etc.

There are  a few doctor's you can communicate this with, but it may take some
research to find them. Gloria This is in responce to Iver.

 [5]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: Homeopathy...

To all interested in this,
We have a clinic in Reno that people come to from all over the world. It is
called the Century Clinic.  They are taking people out of wheelchairs from
MS, and many other diseases such as Asthma, Lupus, and others. These people
feel that they are cured. I know of this because I researched and did an
interview with a lady who had been in a wheelchair for 12 years, never
expecting to walk again. That article I wrote about 4 to 5 years ago, I still
get calls from all over the US from people wanting to talk to her. She is
doing great by the way. The only problem is that insurance doesn't pay for
this treatment, they do a very remarkable testing and treatment, which
involves finding out the bacteria in the body, parasites, allergies, virus,
and toxic minerals and metals. Just in case this is of interest. Gloria

 [6]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Re: re: Man with third eye

Interesting awakening dream, it is telling you that your aware of that center
probably within youyrself.  Probably you are communicating with others very
much the same way all of the time. Gloria

 [7]: From: GgjiATNOSPAMaol.com

I'm with you, onward, upward, inward, and outward. Gloria

 [8]: From: SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com
Subject: psychic experiences

Tonight I've read some really interesting messages on our m-list. Since K
feels like a succession of highs and lows, I would like to share something
that happened to me and was very uplifting. I'd like to concentrate on the
positive for a while.

My daughter lives 3 hours away since she studies at the university of
Montreal. We had to go to her place and since we both have a car, I decided
to ride with her and take a bus back home. I NEVER ride in buses, they make
me feel queazy usually. It was a really fine day, bought a dozen books I'm
really eager to read and I get on the bus. Suddenly, my emotion centre
becomes alarmed and I think it's because of the four girls that just got next
to me. I felt some turmoil in their emotions. So I take another seat, next to
a young man. The poor guy seems very nervous, he's biting his nails right up
to his elbows. I used to be very intolerant of this habit, but instead of
going to another seat, I start a meditation session. As soon as I closed my
eyes, I see a man, then a woman. So I think I'm flipping cause I don't even
know them. But then, I sensed that the poor student was very nervous about
going home to his parents. So I visualized myself hugging him like I would do
for my son and telling him not to worry, that everything will be fine. When I
finished my meditation a few minutes later, they were all sleeping! I mean
those girls were really on a partying mood! When we got off the bus, one of
the girls looked at me, kind of wondering.

I kind of felt guided by something that wanted to show me I could do some
good, even in a small way. It was like I was a witness to all this.

I would like very much to hear from other people about their own positive
experiences. K is not only about backaches and migraine. My highs can be so
high!!! The feeling of helping others is so rewarding to me, I truly think
it's a big part of our goal and I couldn't do without now. The experience of
seeing other people's third eye must be something! At first when I had my
house cleared of entities, the clairvoyant person told me right at the door
that some day I will help people like she was helping me, that my third eye
was very "developped" and all sorts of things like that. That was before I
knew about K, so at first I wondered why she was telling such things, but now
I can appreciate her abilities. I'm not yet there, but I hope to be one day.

Love to all. Viviane

SnowbirdVATNOSPAMgnn.com

 [9]: From: V487ATNOSPAMaol.com
Subject: Reason for awakening.

Many people spend a life time trying to awaken this Kundalini and may never
succeed. I have a stupid question for your Newsgroup to help me with.   I
should know better, but what is the real reason some one would want to awaken
this force.  Would it be just for a spiritual quest or for power?  Maybe they
think they would become a grate master like Buddha or something.  Even though
I went through this awakening and it did change my life for ever I still
wonder way people want to go through it.  I read many books and studied many
autobiographies of people who have awakened this force, but in the end what
is the reason.   It seems to me that once some one goes through this process
then that person does not go through it again unless they intentionally want
to continue playing with this force and to hold it for longer periods of time
through meditation.

Please answer this question for me.  Thank you very much

Von
V487aol.com

[10]: From: Jim Cook

At 04:48 PM 6/17/96 -0700, you wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, John Petty wrote:  in part
>>
>> When I worked up the courage to tell my Jungian analyst about this I
>> thought that he was going to fall out of his chair.  Then he asked,
>> "Do you know what the next line of "Jimmy Crack Corn" is?"  I stopped
>> and searched in vain and finally replied, "No."  He said, the next line
>> of the song is:
>>
>> 	"My master's gone away."
>>
>> When he said that, _I_ almost fell out of my chair.
>>
>> I'd never heard of Shaktipat until last week when I read about it in a book,
>> but I'd be willing to bet...   What else could explain it?
>>
>> John
>>

>John,
>Did you end your therapy shortly thereafter?
>
>Anyone,
>A definition of Shaktipat, please.  I never heard of it.  I get the gist
>but would like a definition.  TIA.
>Mary

 Mary,
  I hope this helps.
                   Jim

              SHAKTIPAT, AWAKENING THE KUNDALINI

  A powerful Yogi can transfer energy to an aspirant and awaken the Kundalini.
   This is accomplished in one of four ways :
   By touch, gaze, sound or thought.
   The Yogi may touch the disciple and transfer energy thru physical contact,
   or gaze at the deciple and energy flows from the Yogis eyes.
   The Yogi may utter words which carry energy or more subtly, energy can
   be transfered directly by the Yogis thought or will.
   The process of Shaktipat can be performed only by those Yogis who have
   gained complete control over the life force, which in Sanskrit
   is called ( Prana )

[11]: From: Carlo Izzo

	Dear Gloria,

> Carlo,
> Sometimes things you don't understand are put in front of you just to see if
> your open enough to check it out. Acupuncture and homeopathy work, try it
> you'll like it. Acupuncture works immediately, you will know it instantly,
> that one is hard to argue with,

	Give me an example: what do you cure with acupuncture?

> and the principal of homeopathy works the
> same way as a vaccine, or allergy shot. Not to hard to experience either.

	I know how a vaccine or a allergy shot work. I don't see how
	homeopathy can work.

	I wonder why some people are so anxious to trust in alternative
	medicine (that doesn't work, otherwise it would be part of the
	official medicine), instead of the official medicine (that works,
	see how the world has changed when "healers" and "magicians" lost
	their millenary monopoly).

	The only reason why I pointed out that homeopathic medicines are
	just plain water was to stress that humans are able to heal themselves
	just *without* medicine. This is why it makes sense to talk about
	homeopathy in a kundalini list (I am told that kundalini energy, when
	awakened, has healing and cleaning effects on our bodies).

	Now, I am simply surprised to see that you actually do not believe
	this at all (even if it is proven): you need the crutch of a placebo,
	in order to trust on something external that can heal you. Admittedly,
	as long as you drink just plain water this is not hurting (and there
	are - of course! - no side effects at all). And this is good,
	especially if there is no cure in the realm of the "official" medicine.

	Ciao,   Carlo

[12]: From: Richard Satin

------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

	This is why I insisted. My wife stresses the fact that kundalini
	is a "healer", and she even suspects that this is its main
	"function" (maybe to give us more time for improving our minds).
	In fact, she doesn't feel that her mind is "better" or more
	"powerful" with kundalini. She just feels that she has the same
	mind as before. She even suggests that kundalini may be just
	"natural" for humans, and that in ancient times it was common.

	You see? Maybe it is true that kundalini is not a source
	of greater mind power...  maybe it would be interesting to see
	whether a correlation exists between logevity and kundalini.
	This would be a tremendous result (unless it is already well
	known).

	Ciao,   Carlo

------- FORWARD, End of original message -------

--

libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com     http://www.execpc.com/~libra/
It has been said that a pretty face is a passport.  But it's not;

[13]: From: pettyATNOSPAMjpp-ws.sharpwa.com (John Petty)
Subject: Re: Reason for awakening.

Von, you wrote:

> Many people spend a life time trying to awaken this Kundalini and may never
> succeed. I have a stupid question for your Newsgroup to help me with.   I
> should know better, but what is the real reason some one would want to awaken
> this force.  Would it be just for a spiritual quest or for power?  Maybe they
> think they would become a grate master like Buddha or something.  Even though
> I went through this awakening and it did change my life for ever I still
> wonder way people want to go through it.  I read many books and studied many
> autobiographies of people who have awakened this force, but in the end what
> is the reason.   It seems to me that once some one goes through this process
> then that person does not go through it again unless they intentionally want
> to continue playing with this force and to hold it for longer periods of time
> through meditation.
>
> Please answer this question for me.  Thank you very much
>
> Von
> V487aol.com
				-------------

For as long as I can remember I've had a spiritual side that wanted to know
God.  It has been in the forefront or background according to the circum-
stances and demands of my life.  A few years ago I divorced and began a
long journey of self-awareness and healing.  I discovered that as I healed,
more life opened up to me.  It's hard to put into words, but the deeper
I mined into my psyche, the more gold was brought to the surface, and the
more I embraced life and others.  It was damned hard work, but the
benefits far outweighed the cost of tears, pain, and lonliness.  I would
often tell my friends that I used to be dead, I could only go forward,
to go back meant death to me.  I would look at old pictures of myself
and couldn't relate to who that person was.

Then, several months ago, my process took a spiritual turn (Godward), and
had a great deal of energy around it.  Not long after, the kundalini began
and here I am.  I did not have it as a goal, it just came as a natural
sequence of the work that I was doing.  I didn't even know what it was
for a while.

I honor your question.  For me, it all revolves around the ego and the
Self.  Attitude is everything.  If I am aiming to feed the ego, I am
doomed.  I have to constantly be aware of this tendency with each step
toward the Self.  My motivations are first my own salvation, and second,
service to humanity.  The reason I put my own salvation first is that
I know only too well how much destruction and suffering are caused by
well intentioned people who want to help, yet they themselves are blind.

A side note:  I think "playing with this force" is a poor choice of words.
Anyone who is involved in plumbing the depths of the psyche knows that it
is not to be played with or approached casually.

Regards,
John

[14]: From: Karol Ann Barnett

It's my understanding that the k-energy is propelling us forward
in a very physical, very real evolution of the human species.  And
it seems that, like any change, it's awkward at first, but with
experience, becomes more elegant.

Karol Ann

[15]: From: Niles Rodrick
Subject: AutoPost from Kundalini Resource Center

 Also - all posts are copyright the
poster. If you wish to write a book or an article - ask if it's OK.

Before I go any futher, could you clarify the above statement. I'm in
the process of writing a book right now and I'm a little confused about
asking permission?

[16]: From: Iver Juster
Subject: kundalini's plans for us...?

I can't say for sure what the k is or means. I only have my hunches &
personal observations. My own personal mythology, even.

I feel that the k force within me has an agenda. When I am in alignment with
it I feel normal, even good. In alignment means following my personal
passion (of course, which came first, the k or my passion?)...WHen I have
deviated, (by not following the course I am on now, as a publisher, author,
teacher, etc) it tortures me and forces me back on to this path. I already
quit my job as a high-powered money manager on Wall ST. due to this force.
(YAY!)

I am fascinated with  the Internet as a means of connecting the planet and
bringing out a consciousness of love and connectedness. In my fantasies, we
need a global elevation of consciousness if we are to protect the earth from
destruction. We need a global mindset that is compelling us to a more
loving, holistic, balanced coexistence with nature. And at the same time,
this mindset must be economically compelling also.

Not only can the Internet spread this concept, but it contributes by
reducing our needs for physical resource consumption. We can telecommute,
teleconference, read, all from our screen, and talk to 20 million other
people without using up resources. Individuals are empowered to think for
themselves, everyone is the ruler of their own domain. We are empowered to
think about non-patriarchal systems when so many alternatives coexist.
Diversity of thought may flourish anew one day to all our benefits.

If the kundalini is a great mother, then she- like the Internet- is broad,
everywhere, connective, linking, not authoritative, single-minded, and
doctrinaire. We are all equal children to her, all people, all things on
this planet.

Studies have shown that people growing up today are not thinking the way we
were taught. They are not accepting other people's doctrines. There is hope
that with newer generations,  newer thought-tools can emerge that empower
all of us to be in our hearts and in our compassion for all living things.

Maybe the kundalini wants this to happen. Everytime there has been a major
evolution, smaller organisms melt into a larger one, without losing their
individual function. Perhaps we as humans can become a more functional
networked system...and perhaps the k is using the internet as a tool?

Just a thought........, Patti

[17]: From: Carlo Izzo
Subject: Consciousness

	Dear listeners,

			till now it was my husband, Carlo, to tell you what
	I told him, but now I want to say with my own words what I think is
	more important. More than kundalini itself, I think we should consider
	what lead us to experience the kundalini awakening. In my earlier
	life I wanted all my dreams, my desires, to become true. Sometimes
	my wishes were fulfilled, sometimes not. And sometimes I found that
	what I wished was not as good as I expected. On the other side, those
	things I was trying to avoid, were giving me more from the point of
	view of learning and increase my consciousness.

	One day - I still remember this day - I made a oath to myself:
	in my life I want Truth. And this Truth should not depend on my
	own desires, on what I like or dislike. I wanted to let myself
	to reach the Truth. Since then, something began to move. I began
	to meditate, not in the sense of staying still, but in a sort of
	awareness on anything I was doing at the moment, in my everyday
	life. This helped me in understanding that sentence, from a famous
	Zen story: "Empty your cup, if you want to fill it with something
	different". I think this is the most fundamental part: maybe boring
	and tedious, but it allows to rise your consciousness.

	I was meditating mainly about the ego and the self. And here I think
	that I have found something: that the ego is necessary for the
	discovery of the self. The ego is not there for no reason. The self
	is, in my opinion, our true nature, while ego is the product of all
	our wordly experiences, the things we learned, the things we did.
	Now, without a conscious, rational mental process, we cannot become
	aware of the self. Only when we become aware of the self we can let
	ourselves let to the self. One day it happened to me to meditate on
	love and trust. For a few seconds I became aware of what I would call
	the self, that power that cannot ever fail, is always right. Something
	that was not around me, but *inside* of me. It is not something
	external that you may pray, or invoke: it was inside of me. And this
	lasted just a few seconds, and what I am writing now is just what
	I remember.  After this happened, I enjoyed a period while I felt
	very calm and relaxed. And next, a week after, I had my kundalini
	awakening (at the time I didn't even know what kundalini was).

	I think that it is not so much important to try to awake kundalini
	by mean of special practices, training or meditation techniques, but
	it is very important to try to become aware of the meaning of all
	the common things we do every day. It's as if our problems are
	exactly what we need in order to improve our mind: we should not
	neglect them.

	Richard, thank you for this list. If you find it interesting,
	you may add this to the description of my awakening in your
	kundalini home page.

	With love,  Zana

[18]: From: Richard Satin
Subject: Implicit Copyright of Posts

Dear Niles,

> Also - all posts are copyright the
> poster. If you wish to write a book or an article - ask if it's OK.
>
>      Before I go any futher, could you clarify the above statement. I'm in
the
> process of writing a book right now and I'm a little confused about asking
> permission?

Basically, this means that you can't take posts which have been broadcast to
the list or posted on the web site and use any part of them word for word.
You can extrapolate into your own words without any problem.

Most people will give permission, IMO.  But you need to ask first.

If anyone differs from this or has anything to add, please say so.

Richard
--

libraATNOSPAMexecpc.com     http://www.execpc.com/~libra/
  And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"

[19]: From: "Debee L. Thomas"

> Many people spend a life time trying to awaken this Kundalini and may never
> succeed. I have a stupid question for your Newsgroup to help me with.   I
> should know better, but what is the real reason some one would want to awaken

Von,
	There is no such thing as a stupid question.  Save maybe those
left unasked.  I'm no expert on Kundalini, and I didn't know a thing
about it until my dream concerning it.  I guess it came to me as opposed
to me seeking it.  However, now that I'm learning a bit more about it, I
can tell you why I personally may want to awaken it if I had the option
to do so.
	In this life experience, I want to learn all that I can. I want
to evolve as much spiritually as I possibly can.  If awakening the
Kundalini helps empower me to do so, then it's well worth seeking.  There
are so many possible roads to travel.  But the best traveled path is the
path within.  Seeing as how Kundalini energies are already within and
dormant, awaiting the right time to awaken, I'd say let's wake them and
continue to grow.  Might it be likened to an 'accelerated' growth?  This
is my thought on it and if I'm a bit off base, will someone throw me a
life line and correct me please?

Blessed Be

Debee

[20]: From: "Debee L. Thomas"
Subject: Re: Consciousness

> 	it is very important to try to become aware of the meaning of all
> 	the common things we do every day. It's as if our problems are
> 	exactly what we need in order to improve our mind: we should not
> 	neglect them.

Zana,
	Thanks so much for sharing with us.  I can truly appreciate what
you wrote as it's largely been my own experience.  There is only one
small thing I'd like to add, and I couldn't think of anything else as you
did a beautiful job.  You said that our problems are exactly what we need
in order to improve our minds.  I could not have said it better.  The
problems themselves are really not the problem if you stop and consider
what I'm doing to say next.  The problem is our own interpretation and
processing of the 'perceived' problem.  We ultimately have the free will
of choice to determine our own reactions and thoughts.  When we can learn
to view the problems in a different way, in a different light, they will
no longer come back to us in large numbers.  Thanks again for your
thoughts Zana.

Blessed Be

Debee

[21]: From: Mary Knapp

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Karol Ann Barnett wrote:

> It's my understanding that the k-energy is propelling us forward
> in a very physical, very real evolution of the human species.  And
				^^^^^^^^^

I have read this many many places and it just doesn't make sense to me.
Most people with awakened Kundalini do not seem to be of the age or
temperment to have children and pass on their genetic material.  Or is
evolution meant in a more spiritual way?  If so, how do we impact the
species with it?  If people have been having kundalini awakenings for
centuries, what has been the evolutionary benefit to homo sapiens?  I just
don't get it.  The Old Testament and the Greek tragedies, etc. seem like
our late 20th century news broadcasts, talk shows and soap operas.  Has
there been evoluion of the soul?

I do not mean to seem irreverent, but htis has just never made sense to
me.  Actually never only means 7 months.  That's how long ago it was that
I first started reading about kundalini.

Personal evolution I could understand, but isn't there a better word for
THAT?

Thanks in advance for help with this.

Mary

[22]: From: Pamela.M.Ruigh.7.Ericsson.RoadATNOSPAMaloha.net

Hi, My name is Pam.  I'm looking for practical advice for coping with
severe head pressures, insomnia,etc. that go along with the whole
process.  I've had symptoms of continuous 24 hour a day releases of
energy from the lower spine area up to the top of my brain causing my
tongue to spasm.  The bliss and spiritual aspect of all this is
wonderful but I need to function in a very demanding job and need at
least six hours of unbroken sleep, a luxury I have not been afforded for
two years. Doctors, gurus, books , prayer have all been helpful, but the
Force rages on doing its work.  In the meantime I have to live in a
world which does not make allowances for nights of this wonderous
activity in my body.  I've read all the literature that's currently
available, but would appreciate some practical, concrete remedies. I
know how to surrender to the energy and am learning a technique of
meditation.  I have found that lying on one's right side relieves the
pressure a bit.  Getting up and ! ! ! taking a shower helps. Thanks.